Programming Garage Door Opener Buttons

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:52 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programming Garage Door Opener Buttons

Had my Owner's Manual stolen from my glove box. I need to know how to program the buttons for my automatic garage door opener.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:34 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
welcome to the forum....try searching this has been discussed quite a bit.

here is some info on a rolling code opener:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...74&postcount=4

and here is a site to get a new owners manual:
http://www.helminc.com/
Old 01-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Racer

1) press and hold the left and right button for 20 seconds to erase everything from memory.

2) take your garage remote inside the car with you... select one of the button from your car, press and hold it while press and hold your garage remote... The red LED light will blink real fast after about 3 to 4 seconds. (This means your car has learned the new code from your garage remote controller) Release both buttons and everything should work.

If it doesnt work hold the left and right button from your car again to erase everything and retry a few more times.

And if that doesnt work... here is what I have to do for mine!
Do exactly as above (step 1 and 2)
Open your garage box and erase its code
(for the next step you need to have your car park inside the garage, usually you only have about 10 seconds to complete this)
Now set your garage to learning mode, run into your car, and press the button that you just set from step 2 to transmit the code to the garage box. If the garage box picks it up then you are good to go.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Burning Brakes

here is the exact fool proof procedure.
most garage door openers have rolling codes, the first thing you need to do is erase all coded from the buttons. you can hold buttons 1 and 3 for 20 seconds to erase all 3 at once or erace only the one you want to program by holding it for 20 seconds. you will see the light flash slowly when complete.
then step 2 is to program the button to the garage door remote. do this by holding the button you want to program and while holding the remote within 3 inches of the home link press and hold the garage opener button and continue holding the home link button for about 4 seconds (the light will flash rapidly)
then press the learn button on the garage door opener and within 30 seconds press the home link btton you just programmed.
the garage door will open or close and or the lights on the garage door opener will flash depending on the unit you have.

ive reprogrammed several for sears openers and a few other brabds they all work about the same. i havnt seen one yet that i couldnt program within 2 minutes.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:20 AM
iVTEC no koe

Just to add to this thread, I recently replaced my garage door opener and had to reprogram my car's HomeLink. So after wiping all the codes and attempting to program it while in my driveway by holding button #1 and the garage door remote button near it, it would take the code, but erroneously send out signals to open and close my garage. So after wiping it again, I tried to program it with the remote again, but away from the range of my garage (in my case, at work). To my amazement, it wouldn't pick up the code even when holding both buttons for like 60 seconds. I remembered that I used to use button #3, so I tried the same thing with that, it picked up the code in 5-7 secs. I confirmed that it worked when I got home. Some odd stuff, although I do recall reading something different between button #1 and #2,3.