Planning to get a TSX in Madison, WI

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 07:48 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning to get a TSX in Madison, WI

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while and I have got say this is a great forum. There is quite a wealth of information on this site and some interesting threads, like that guy playing piano with his balls.

So, there is only oneAcura dealer within Madison and they offered me 26,285/28,035 depending on whether I wanted navi or not. How much have other people been paying at Zimbrick? There is another Acura dealer 100 miles away and Arlington Acura offered me 25,535/27,535. This prices seems more comparable to the prices people have been getting where there has been more competition between Acura dealers. I know there are a couple people from WI on this forum, but I had a hard time finding out how much you have been paying. Also is it going to be a pain if I get the car at the farther dealer and have problems?

I'm don't plan to put too many miles on this car a year, maybe 3000-6000? But, since there seems to be alot of people complaining about paint chips, is it worth it to get a clear bra for that type of annual mileage, or is it easier to just repair chips as they come with touch up paint? If so, where do people get their clear bras professionally installed in Madison? The closest ones I've seen are somewhere in IL. I'm kinda of a clutz when it comes to adhesives, can't even seal envelopes properly sometimes....

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-26-2004, 09:53 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds good. It's less then what I paid there but I got it last year when it was newer and willing to wait 3 months to get it.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Cruisin' the Azine's

If you drive on the highway a lot and you drive fast, get the clear bra. Paint touchups look ugly.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kor4ever
.....Also is it going to be a pain if I get the car at the farther dealer and have problems?...
Not really. I didn't buy my car from Zimbrick and they still treat me very well when I go there for service. Go with whoever's got the best deal as long as driving to the dealer to pick up the car isn't too much trouble. Have you tried Brookfield Acura in Milwaukee?

If you're only putting 6000 miles a year, that doesn't sound like you'll be doing a lot of highway driving. That's the only time you need to be concerned about chips. Most people like clearbra, but I don't have one so I have no idea where to get it installed.

Edit: So are you in St. Louis or Madison?
Old 07-27-2004, 11:02 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks for all the input!

Edit: So are you in St. Louis or Madison?
Currently in St.Louis, but going up to Madison early August.

Don't forsee too much highway driving, it might happen if I decide to drive down to St.Louis to visit my girlfriend, I might decide to fly, depends on my schedule though.

Have you tried Brookfield Acura in Milwaukee?
Apparently, Acura of Brookfield is a sister store of Zimbrick Acura, so they asked me to conduct business with Zimbrick. So, we'll see, maybe Zimbrick will drop if I tell them I'm buying from Arlington and asking them for service. Should be talking to them in a week or two. About the clear bra, I wish there was an installer so I could actually see in person what the clear bra looked like. But we'll see.

Thanks again
Old 07-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Lots of folks have pics of their clear bra if you search. I know it's not as good as seeing it in person, but it's something.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kor4ever
Thanks for all the input!

Currently in St.Louis, but going up to Madison early August.

Don't forsee too much highway driving, it might happen if I decide to drive down to St.Louis to visit my girlfriend, I might decide to fly, depends on my schedule though.

Apparently, Acura of Brookfield is a sister store of Zimbrick Acura, so they asked me to conduct business with Zimbrick. So, we'll see, maybe Zimbrick will drop if I tell them I'm buying from Arlington and asking them for service. Should be talking to them in a week or two. About the clear bra, I wish there was an installer so I could actually see in person what the clear bra looked like. But we'll see.

Thanks again
Here's a thought for you. Buy a small piece of the material and install it on the hood to see what it looks like. Remember that when you are 1 ft away of course you can see it, but stand five feet away and you will be hard pressed to see the film on any color of car. Trust me the film looks just as good driving down the freeway behind that dump truck as it does in the pictures you will see. Trained installer is the key to a good install and your happiness.