Peered under 06 front bumper and noticed curb rash. . . **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Peered under 06 front bumper and noticed curb rash. . . **pics**

Peered underneath my 06 front bumper and noticed the two metal hooks looked scraped up. Same thing for the left, middle, and right side underneath the bumper. It might be from pulling too far forward at a curb.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I got the car with 38 miles on it, so why should the hooks be scraped up and the pointy ridge underneath certain areas of the bumper be scraped up like this? I don't even know what the dealership would do in response to my accusation? I definitely know that I havent parked the car over any curb like this yet because it's just been in my garage only! I find this type of damage upsetting!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Was it a demo car?
Old 01-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 06 does not have any such markings. It was in the showroom for just a day, with 6 miles on it, when I took it out for its first test drive for about 20 miles. I put it on hold and bought it shortly there after, so I've been the only one thats driven it. It does look like yours was pulled over a curb, which can easily happen at a dealership. May have happened coming off the hauler too, who knows.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JTso
Was it a demo car?
Not that I am aware of. It was a dealer trade that I do know. Bout the only way I can see that would hide this rough scrape is to install the lip spoiler.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Instructor

I need to make mention to the dealer about this on Saturday with my follow up questions. I am OK with the damage to an extent but I want to know how the dealer is going to respond that is getting me stressed. They can either try to restore/hide the damage with the front lip kit (and charge me for it!), or pass the blame on my lame inspection. It was 630 pm and dark, I wasn't about to crawl underneath the car and check for this before driving off. That was the furthest thing from my mind to do. I can just hear it "well you've placed 1xx miles on the car after taking it home, you prolly hit the curb and didnt realize it". Only problem with that is I HATE curb parking and it went straight to the garage.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Banned

what "hooks" sorry I dont see them.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Here is an idea for you. The lower lip is something that comes off when installing a front spoiler. The dealer probably has tons of those sitting around and might just give one to you for free.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by huckleberry
what "hooks" sorry I dont see them.
They look like black metal bars that barely extend through slits in the plastic liner. I noticed they had cement rash on them and then I looked forward and noticed the black curved 1/4 in thick molding had the same rash as well as the painted bumper V nose trim had a scuff too.

I called it a hook because I wasnt sure what else to call them and they are typically there on all cars as tow hooks.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JTso
Here is an idea for you. The lower lip is something that comes off when installing a front spoiler. The dealer probably has tons of those sitting around and might just give one to you for free.
Awesome! Is the lower lip that generic flat piece of plastic trim? I might be covered there, but then the underside of the V nose is scraped too. This lip kit might work better to cover underside paint damage.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Racer

Hmm....... I don't think i have those kinda markings on my car, then again mine came straight off the truck with 1.5 miles to the odometer........
Some minimum wage car washing guy for the Acura dealer probably drove ur car into a curb on accident ROFL (no offence anyone who washes mass amounts of cars at minimum wage for a living, I think you guys are awesome)
Old 01-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sccpu3d
(no offence anyone who washes mass amounts of cars at minimum wage for a living, I think you guys are awesome)
i'm gonna go out on a limb and ASSUME there aren't too many on this site.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TSXnOPKS
Peered underneath my 06 front bumper and noticed the two metal hooks looked scraped up. Same thing for the left, middle, and right side underneath the bumper. It might be from pulling too far forward at a curb.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I got the car with 38 miles on it, so why should the hooks be scraped up and the pointy ridge underneath certain areas of the bumper be scraped up like this? I don't even know what the dealership would do in response to my accusation? I definitely know that I havent parked the car over any curb like this yet because it's just been in my garage only! I find this type of damage upsetting!
It sounds like the car was probably scraped when they took it off the delivery truck. The good new, ITS NO BIG DEAL! The bad news, YOU CAN"T PROVE IT, SO THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Remember next time you buy a car to look close at everything. I recently sold a TL that was scraped in the front from being pulled off the truck. I told the customer about it and we are currently repainting the bumper. Good Luck!

Lea
Old 01-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by Lear
OK!! I am the Internet Sales Manager at an Acura Dealership in Cali. It sounds like the car was probably scraped when they took it off the delivery truck. The good new, ITS NO BIG DEAL! The bad news, YOU CAN"T PROVE IT, SO THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Remember next time you buy a car to look close at everything. I recently sold a TL that was scraped in the front from being pulled off the truck. I told the customer about it and we are currently repainting the bumper. Good Luck!

Lea
Old 01-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Instructor

At MY expense, I have chosen to have the front underside body spoiler installed at the dealership when the parts arrive. I was quoted $500 price range and that they would "see" about cutting me a deal on labor. I declined options to have a bumper swap-out with another car or to have the bumper repainted. Sorry, don't want another VIN etched bumper on my NEW car and I don't want to be without my car for 2 weeks while it's repainted.

Does anyone see an issue with just the front lip kit install? I am hoping it will hide the scuffs on the 3 main points of the bumper.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
i think that should solve your issue. I scrapped up my bumper and then got the euro r lip kit to cover it up.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by TSXnOPKS
At MY expense, I have chosen to have the front underside body spoiler installed at the dealership when the parts arrive. I was quoted $500 price range and that they would "see" about cutting me a deal on labor. I declined options to have a bumper swap-out with another car or to have the bumper repainted. Sorry, don't want another VIN etched bumper on my NEW car and I don't want to be without my car for 2 weeks while it's repainted.

Does anyone see an issue with just the front lip kit install? I am hoping it will hide the scuffs on the 3 main points of the bumper.
Can you see that from a normal viewing angle? While its annoying to have minor damage on a new car, that's a pretty trivial thing for ht exterior
Old 01-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by xizor
Can you see that from a normal viewing angle? While its annoying to have minor damage on a new car, that's a pretty trivial thing for ht exterior
LOL, if that was the case, then all new TSX's should have the "drag me over the curb" option!!! I bought the new car at 1k over invoice for that reason. to be a legitimate NEW car. . .not someone's roughed up ride.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't worry. In your first week of driving the TSX at the usual speeds of your older car, you are bound to scrape the underside. If I post pics of my car's underside, you'd get a heart attack. My 1/4" fins are almost gone!