Options for locking console in 2007 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:13 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Options for locking console in 2007 TSX

I am selling my 92 Prelude, with its locking center console, and need some where to store/lock my iPod, my Glock and other valuables in a 2007 TSX when either is not on me.

I guess I could put the manual and documents in the center console and put the valuables in the glove box, but I would rather have both items closer to me all the time.

Any ideas or opinions on locking console options are appreciated. (However, your opinions the 2nd Amendment are not.)
Old 05-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Cruisin'

i dont think the glovebox is a good place to keep a glock, and realisticly; if someone breaks into your car and the glovebox is locked-very high chance their going to break open the glovebox. I try to minimize the valubles I keep in my car I usually keep stuff in the console. But I would just keep it under my seat-in NY if you have a carrying permit I believe you're supposed to keep it in your trunk with the bullets in a seperate case...both locked up.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Automobiles are not safes. They merely provide a temporary storage solution. The trunk and glove box can be accessed easily (as, I'm sure, your prelude can be as well). You're not a police officer (I work for the PD now, and they have to carry their firearm with them at all times). Why do you need to bring a glock with you? If someone breaks in and steals it, you'll have a mess. Buy one for your home and another for your other place. You really should assume that your car will be broken into whenever you leave your car.

I can think of a spot for your ipod. The others you'd probably want to hide under the seat or in the spare tire area.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NEVER.... repeat NEVER store any weapons in your car. You might as well put it on top of the sunroof. More importantly, unless you have a CCW, it is considered a concealed weapon if the ammunition/magazine is within reach. And if you have a CCW, a pistol does you no good unless it is easily accessible, like on your body. Besides, you'll give a bad name to the rest of us gun owners who don't want our guns in the hands of criminals.

As for storage of other items, like an iPod... short of a bolt in the trunk safe, you're just asking for it to be an insurance claim at some point.

Its been said, but cars aren't safes, so all you can do is minimize the reason a criminal would want to get into your car, which is simple, keep it out of sight or not in the car at all.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:23 AM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

This doesn't need to turn into a gun debate. Let's assume he has a CHL. If he does, there are still certain places that you're not allowed to carry your gun (bars, schools, etc.) Those are times when he has to lock his gun in his car.

I don't think there's a way to lock the center console and really make it work. I'd recommend something like this for the times that you have to lock your gun:

It comes with a security cable and can also be bolted to the floor of your car.