Omen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:57 PM
All cards on the table.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omen?

Okay so I'm new to this site, but I wanted to share our experience with you guys to see If any of you have had similar issues... Just yesterday my wife and I picked up our brand spankin new 2007 TSX automatic non-Navi (Black w/ Parch interior).

Allow me to set the scene for you... we got this TSX because our 2003 Passat was starting to become a burden. 30,000 miles on the Passat and we had to throw $1,000 into it for new brake pads, etc! We thought since the Passat was low mileage and we were experiencing problems, we thought we'd look into other options.

I had always been in love with the TSX, my wife not so much. Anyways long story short...I finally negotiated a great price for the TSX and my wife turned around and saw the value of this car. We agreed to buy the TSX especially since we got an amazing trade-in for the Passat.

So here we are...we picked up the TSX yesterday morning, sign all the paperwork, we go outside to review the cars features with the salesguy, and then we find out the BlueTooth wasn't working! Ok so in love with the car, I decided to let the sales people figure it out with the service department. My wife on the other hand is fuming! My wife thought this was an omen. Alright 1 hour later they get the BlueTooth working and we drove away into the sunset thinking everything was resolved.

Fast forward to earlier this morning. It took 5 minutes for the car to start! Should we get scared now? Should I continue to look the other way and "see what happens" or do I take action? Do I have a lemon? What issues are coming next!?

Here's what kills me...we just bought this car new with 3.4 miles on it yesterday morning. What kills me is I love this car. What makes my life difficult is that my wife who didn't like the car that much from the begining is saying lets get rid of the TSX. I feel like we are caught between a rock and a hard place. Actually make that a whack TSX and a hard place!

Anyone experience similar issues with problems yet?
Advice would be awesome.
Regards, j
Old 02-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
I haven't had either of those two issues at all....

As for the bluetooth, keep in mind that as good as bluetooth is, there are different manufacturers of equipment, and sometimes the "standard" doesn't turn out to be so standard. My phone (Motorola RAZR v3m on Sprint) works great in my TSX. The Samsung A900 (the "blade") I had didn't do so hot. I wouldn't be quick to blame Acura for the bluetooth issue just yet...

The hard-starting issue is a strange one. Taking five minutes to start a brand new car does sound odd. Does the car have a full tank of premium (91 octane) gas in the tank? I'd definitely keep an eye on it and if the hard-starting continues, it'd be time to contact the dealer. They have the diagnostic equipment to figure it out.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Unauthorized User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 5 minutes start up could be due to the batteries needed charging or the car could have been in the lot for awhile and as you know batteries will die if you don't start the car after a long while, even if new. I had the same problem before i didn't drive my car for two weeks since i went on vacation came back and the car won't start, so i had to use a battery charger to get the car started again.
Anyways the bluetooth is a little complicated, also make sure your phone is compatible not all phones work with the TSX bluetooth system.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
All cards on the table.

Originally Posted by ZAXDude
I haven't had either of those two issues at all....

As for the bluetooth, keep in mind that as good as bluetooth is, there are different manufacturers of equipment, and sometimes the "standard" doesn't turn out to be so standard. My phone (Motorola RAZR v3m on Sprint) works great in my TSX. The Samsung A900 (the "blade") I had didn't do so hot. I wouldn't be quick to blame Acura for the bluetooth issue just yet...

The hard-starting issue is a strange one. Taking five minutes to start a brand new car does sound odd. Does the car have a full tank of premium (91 octane) gas in the tank? I'd definitely keep an eye on it and if the hard-starting continues, it'd be time to contact the dealer. They have the diagnostic equipment to figure it out.
hey thanks for the reply. Im not concerned anymore about the Bluetooth issue because the only problem with it was that Acura didnt prep it. Meaning they never set it up for us before we got there to pick it up. What I am concerned about is the car not starting so we'll keep an eye on it for now. Thanks again! Cheers, j
Old 02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I were you I would look into it and see if you could possiply switch it for another one if you have had it for three days or less. If that is possible. If it is a lemon you have a long process to go through. I had a 2006 VW GTI that had problems within three weeks and it took about four months to get everything done. In the end I got my money back but it was a hassle
Old 02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
NBP6MTTSX

I have a Nokia N80 & a Sony Ericsson K750i paired with the car and they both work great except that I have to re-pair them every now & then. Otherwise, apart from the minor rattles with the cold weather, the car is amazing. Stop worryin & enjoy the new ride, she'll be just fine!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Registered Car Nut

For the car not starting, take it for a drive for a good run, and see how it starts next time.
The batteries are not charged off the get go. In my case, it took 20 minutes for the sales person, his manager, and finally the service manager to get the portable unit to give my brand new '06 a boost.
Never had any problems since, other than some rough start below 0F...
Old 02-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Advanced

Check this thread out...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32253

Is this what you mean when you said the car wouldn't start for 5 min? Could you give us some of the symptoms that you are experiencing when your car doesn't start? Maybe some of the AZ members can better help you with a little more description of the problem?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Instructor

It seems to me that your problem is not the TSX but the wife. If she has enough influence on you, she'll make you get rid of the car as there are many annoyances that come with a new car and each one of them could be a root-cause for buyer's remorse.

Talk to the wife and find out where she's going with this. If she absolutely hates the car, just return it. It's not worth the headache.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by synthetic
It seems to me that your problem is not the TSX but the wife.

It's not an Omen and your car is probably just fine - probably just a weak battery - get it checked out - Bluetooth is a technololgy with weak standards but not a deal killer for a car in my estimation.

After 17 years of marriage and a LOT of cars together - my advice, find some common ground on both of your expectations on the TSX and don't let it bug either one of you, it's just a car. We just sold our 2000 New Beetle with 94K miles because it was becoming an expensive toy. Now we fight over who drives the TSX.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:47 PM
All cards on the table.

Originally Posted by brandt

It's not an Omen and your car is probably just fine - probably just a weak battery - get it checked out - Bluetooth is a technololgy with weak standards but not a deal killer for a car in my estimation.

After 17 years of marriage and a LOT of cars together - my advice, find some common ground on both of your expectations on the TSX and don't let it bug either one of you, it's just a car. We just sold our 2000 New Beetle with 94K miles because it was becoming an expensive toy. Now we fight over who drives the TSX.
Day 3 of having our new TSX and we haven't had any issues (FINGERS CROSSED!).
The BlueTooth feature works beautifuly and the car actually started up this morning with no problem.

In fact, the salesperson even called me today after I left him a message about the car not starting. He agreed that it shouldn't happen, but he wanted me to keep an eye on it for now. The good thing is that the dealership is not even a half mile down the road so it's pretty convenient for us to swing by and be that "annoying customer".

My new issue now is that I'm deliberating on where to mount my portable Garmin navigation (Nuvi 350). Does anyone have pics or advice on where to/how to mount the portable navi?

Thanks mucho, j
Old 02-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Instructor

My new issue now is that I'm deliberating on where to mount my portable Garmin navigation (Nuvi 350). Does anyone have pics or advice on where to/how to mount the portable navi?
I find the space in front of the clock very elegant for a GPS mount, but I still haven't justified the cost for a GPS to myself yet!

The Garmin is very nice indeed.