Official Release Info on 2006 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Official Release Info on 2006 TSX

I called up Acura Customer Service today. The lady was very helpful. She said that the date they are going to be releasing information on Pricing is November 9th. This is when they will update Acura.com. In terms of car release she said there are two kinds of release: Rolling and National. They have not decided which one they will use (not sure what that means). So it looks like we'll have to wait at least a month just for the info to come out and then prob another week for the cars to come into the dealers. AHH that is way too long!

Does anyone know what the time distance was btwn the information being public on the 06 TL and when the dealers got the cars?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
CG is the place to be...

Originally Posted by asethi16
I called up Acura Customer Service today. The lady was very helpful. She said that the date they are going to be releasing information on Pricing is November 9th. This is when they will update Acura.com. In terms of car release she said there are two kinds of release: Rolling and National. They have not decided which one they will use (not sure what that means). So it looks like we'll have to wait at least a month just for the info to come out and then prob another week for the cars to come into the dealers. AHH that is way too long!

Does anyone know what the time distance was btwn the information being public on the 06 TL and when the dealers got the cars?
With regards to the rolling/National, i am guessing that the rolling release starts on the west coast on some particular date and the further east the dealers are the later they find out. For a national release they probably just tell all the dealers at once.

The only reason I say west coast is because the west coast get the TSX first due to the fact that they are assembled in Japan and shipped across the pacific. (believe me, i know this is true because there were people on the west coast that had already made it through the break-in period on their '05s before I got mine on the east coast... and i had the first '05 TSX in Rhode Island.)

I am completely speculating on the rolling vs nation promotion, so if any of our insiders know better (kurt_bradley) please correct me.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Advanced

Ahh nice!

I think rolling means the car will be released/available from west to east and national means it'll be available to everyone at the same time. Maybe someone else can confirm this?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Advanced

When i Talked to customer care I asked her if there was a preference in terms of dealers given to dealers. She mentioned then mentioned that there are two kinds. She said they do not know yet but I am speculating Rolling. It would make sense that it is Rolling, since they can pull out sales earlier since it arrives first on west Coast.

Do you believe we will have to wait till NOv 9!!!... maybe someone else should call too and make sure ACURA is really sayin the real stuff or maybe she just doesnt really know.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Racer

November 9th seems kind of late.

It should be in October.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by knthornt
With regards to the rolling/National, i am guessing that the rolling release starts on the west coast on some particular date and the further east the dealers are the later they find out. For a national release they probably just tell all the dealers at once.

The only reason I say west coast is because the west coast get the TSX first due to the fact that they are assembled in Japan and shipped across the pacific. (believe me, i know this is true because there were people on the west coast that had already made it through the break-in period on their '05s before I got mine on the east coast... and i had the first '05 TSX in Rhode Island.)

I am completely speculating on the rolling vs nation promotion, so if any of our insiders know better (kurt_bradley) please correct me.
Our build dates are set for the last week of October. They take just around a month to get here from Japan. The prices won't be official until the cars hit the dealers...just like everything else. It's all speculation until that happens.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Cruisin'

In speaking to three out of the four Colorado dealers, they said their first units on order would be built third or fourth week of October. I've pre-licked a Carbon Gray Pearl/Ebony with 5AT and navigation. Can't wait.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by munchcolo
In speaking to three out of the four Colorado dealers, they said their first units on order would be built third or fourth week of October. I've pre-licked a Carbon Gray Pearl/Ebony with 5AT and navigation. Can't wait.

So I guess that means Munchcolo that the dealers have an idea of pricing? If they do what kind of pricing are they giving you?
Old 09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
TSX4EVR

If the ships arrive in the US and Canada at the same time, I have a shot at one of the early ones living in Alberta. Not as good as shot as those living in California or BC but better than those in Ontario or New York.

It's almost painful to wait. I have a really special trip the last two weeks of November so hopefully that will take some of the sting out of waiting.

The November 9th date for release makes sense to me based on what my dealers have been telling me.

Excited
Old 09-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Advanced

I think I'm gonna have to go with an 05 if I'm gonna have to wait till mid november. ugh that really pisses me off. I was hopin it would come this mid October.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Race Director

i just wondered why it takes so long for the TSX to come from Japan besides the obvious one cause its shipped on cargo ship, but that wouldn't take 1.5-2 months to arrive, more like 2-3 weeks.

how come the RSX and RL seem more abundant in terms of quantity for the buying public and they're Made in Japan too.

also, i've never heard of shortages or excuses of Infiniti's cars all of which are made in Japan too except the big QX56 SUV. Same thing goes for the Lexus cars, all are from Japan too except again the RX330.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Burning Brakes

I think I'm gonna have to go with an 05 if I'm gonna have to wait till mid november. ugh that really pisses me off. I was hopin it would come this mid October.
you realize today is 9-26 right?

it's like 50 days......=_=|| hahaha
Old 09-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Advanced

my car is stalling i cant wait 50 days otherwise i think someone is gonna hit it.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Intermediate

My dealer showed me the production date, Acura was making 05 on the 9/13. The 06 tsx with nav are late Oct, and tsx without nav are in early Nov.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Cruisin'

So I guess that means Munchcolo that the dealers have an idea of pricing? If they do what kind of pricing are they giving you?
Don't know yet. All the dealers I called had a production schedule on the units they ordered, but none of them had pricing yet. That's to be worked out when the dealer gets invoice and MSRP pricing.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
PWP Wh0r3

oh its nice to see some updates on the 06 TSX, i guess i have no choice but to wait since i'm planning to get the car after it stops snowing in Canada haha i don't feel like having a new car in winter and YES its almost 100% confirmed that i will be a proud TSX owner in 6 months or so. I hope i don't get rejected by 05 TSXorz cos i have a 06 (i mean i will have a 06) :p

my future car spec:
premium white pearl
AT
non navi