NYPD 1, Tints 0

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:10 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol, this is funny bcos i just fought off my tint ticket summons. the asshole cop decided to give me 2 of them. i have 35s on my car, but he clocked me in with 29s. fact is, its not the tint shops fault, every car actually comes with 6-7% stock, so when they clock you in, its that much lower than what you asked for.

just goto the dmv in coney island, tell that judge you want a court hearing, and on the new scheduled date (which will probably be the dmv on atlantic ave in target) show up on time for your appointment and case dismissed! and if the cop doesn't show up, its an automatic win for you.

i went 2 days ago, and the donut eater showed up. there was about 12 other people with me in the court room. so it turns out, that particular asshole has been busy bcos most of everyone that was there were given a ticket/summons by the same guy.

when it was my turn, judge asked him blah blah blah & he said he didnt know i postponed it for a courts hearing that he didnt have my copy of the summons with him. the judge just said "i hereby defendant not guilty" due to the fact that i answered it quickly at dmv and showed up on the new date. saved myself 150+ dollars!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:43 AM
East Coast Crew

[QUOTE=odannyboi;10081098]Like I said, a majority of the people who get tint is mainly for the look. And then, morons like the OP complain about getting tickets for it./QUOTE]

I didn't pay 450 dollars for looks! It cuts down the glare at night from those darn headlights so I can actually drive better. Safety first!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:59 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, there are actuall benefits to tints besides the looks/stealth factor.

regardless, by getting tints you basically accept any responsibility that comes with having something that's 'illegal'. you can gripe about it, but it's not like you didn't know and accept it could possibly happen to you.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Intermediate

too bad to hear that. Mine is 30% and I never being pulled by NYPD in Queens...
Old 10-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ijenz
... i went 2 days ago, and the donut eater showed up. there was about 12 other people with me in the court room. so it turns out, that particular asshole has been busy bcos most of everyone that was there were given a ticket/summons by the same guy.

when it was my turn, judge asked him blah blah blah & he said he didnt know i postponed it for a courts hearing that he didnt have my copy of the summons with him. the judge just said "i hereby defendant not guilty" due to the fact that i answered it quickly at dmv and showed up on the new date. saved myself 150+ dollars!
Or ... the donut-eater's boss had instructed him to prosecute tints for a while, based on some external complaint (DA, civic group, divine intervention). Y'never know.

But still ... sometimes it pays to just show up in person and state your case. Getting a ticket doesn't make you guilty. It's a charge. And some charges are in error.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 PM
resident asshole

Originally Posted by litesout
Okay, first off, blocker in the windshield does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING while you're driving. Window tint on the other hand helps to drastically reduce the effects of the sun beating down into the car on a clear day.

Second, there are people out there with a legitimate medical need for sunglasses. Myself included. I didn't put out $200 on sunglasses to look cool as you put it. High quality, polarized lenses are an absolute must for me. And for me to wear them at work, they have to be ANSI rated safety lenses to boot.

Is it necessary for people to tint their windows to survive? No. But it does make life a lot more comfortable. Is it necessary for anybody to drive an Acura, or any vehicle at all for that matter? No. But it does make life a lot more comfortable.
I was referring to using the blocker when responding to argument that it keeps your car cooler when you get into it (i.e. after its been parked). As for actual driving, its what A/C is for.

Yes, $200 sunglasses may be a must for you... but like i originally said, a majority of people do it for looks.

Originally Posted by visuelz
I didn't pay 450 dollars for looks! It cuts down the glare at night from those darn headlights so I can actually drive better. Safety first!
glare from headlights? I thought windshields aren't allowed to be tinted in most (if not all) states?

Now if the headlights are coming towards your drivers side, that would be another thing.... but if headlights were coming towards your drivers side, glare should be the last thing you'd worry about.

Meh, i'm done with this thread.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by odannyboi
I was referring to using the blocker when responding to argument that it keeps your car cooler when you get into it (i.e. after its been parked). As for actual driving, its what A/C is for.

Yes, $200 sunglasses may be a must for you... but like i originally said, a majority of people do it for looks.

glare from headlights? I thought windshields aren't allowed to be tinted in most (if not all) states?

Now if the headlights are coming towards your drivers side, that would be another thing.... but if headlights were coming towards your drivers side, glare should be the last thing you'd worry about.

Meh, i'm done with this thread.
I think he means headlights from behind. I have 20% all around and it makes a difference. I'm no longer dreading the SUV or lifted pick-up with HIDs riding behind me and blinding me. It's quite nice.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
I totally agree. And it's not just the rear window, its the side too. Glare coming off the side view mirrors when the idiot in the truck with the improperly aimed after market HIDs is riding your rear is just as bad. And the tint really helps with that.

And by the way, when its 2:00 in the afternoon and 98 degrees out with near 100% humidity on a super clear day, the A/C can only do so much. The tint really helps there. And that blocker only blocks direct sunlight coming in from the windshield, not the rear glass, or any of the side windows. Unless of course you want to take the time to put up 5 additional shades when you park it. The tint really helps there too.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JTso
I saw one guy got pulled over for the exact same thing and I must say, the cop did the right thing. Just what make you think your time is more important than other people?
dude there's nothing wrong with that. he didn't switch out of one lane and pass a bunch of cars and then merge back. if he's already in the lane he can go until it ends.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by muncher
dude there's nothing wrong with that. he didn't switch out of one lane and pass a bunch of cars and then merge back. if he's already in the lane he can go until it ends.
Tell that to the cop.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 10-17-2008, 05:38 PM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by davidspalding

+1
Old 10-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Since we're on the topic of tint,

...can you be ticketed say if you were on a road trip, and had legal tint for the state you lived in, but drove into a state where the tint laws were more strict?