New TSX Owner - 2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 02:49 PM
BRH
BRH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TSX Owner - 2 Questions

Just picked up my 06 TSX (AT, No Nav, Deep Green Pearl) last night , and have two questions ----

1. Is there anyway to adjust the amount of the Auto-Dimming of the rearview mirror? Maybe my eyes are more light-sensitive than most, but I found that I would prefer it to dim a bit more than it does. Some of the headlights behind me were a bit blinding. Or can the mirror just be dimed manually somehow? I couldn't find any reference to that question in the manual.

2. I want to buy a trunk tray for the car. Until today, there was a link on the main page of Acurazine to an online parts supplier. Today, it's not there anymore, and I can't recall the name of the place. The trunk tray's price at this site was around $77 as I recall. Does anybody either have that link, or another for discounted Acura accessories/supplies?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Pro

Since i do not own a TSX yet, i wouldnt be able to answer your questions...however if there is no solution to your problem (regarding the mirror) i suggest you tint your windows. Maybe that would help.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:18 PM
BRH
BRH

Hmm... That's something that I hadn't thought of. I'll wait and see about that. I've only had it one night so far, so maybe I'll adjust to it. Or maybe there's a better solution.

Thanks for the thought, though, Tintin!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:20 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by BRH
Just picked up my 06 TSX (AT, No Nav, Deep Green Pearl) last night , and have two questions ----

1. Is there anyway to adjust the amount of the Auto-Dimming of the rearview mirror? Maybe my eyes are more light-sensitive than most, but I found that I would prefer it to dim a bit more than it does. Some of the headlights behind me were a bit blinding. Or can the mirror just be dimed manually somehow? I couldn't find any reference to that question in the manual.

2. I want to buy a trunk tray for the car. Until today, there was a link on the main page of Acurazine to an online parts supplier. Today, it's not there anymore, and I can't recall the name of the place. The trunk tray's price at this site was around $77 as I recall. Does anybody either have that link, or another for discounted Acura accessories/supplies?

Thanks!
Congrats on your new TSX! Here's some answers to your questions:
1) No, there is no control over dimming level. It is either on or off. And because of the auto-dimming feature, there is no tilt lever. A possible solution could be to tint the rear window.
2) http://www.handaaccessories.com/tsx.html has the trunk tray for $77.88.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to AZine. See above for answers ^^
Old 01-14-2006, 03:23 PM
TSX4EVR

Answer to question number 1 is no you can't. The odd time I turn my off at dusk.

I don't know the answer to #2 for an aftermarket place to get the cargo tray. I got mine from the dealer and I highly recommend it. It is a item.

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Senior Moderator

I think in the short while excited has had his TSX he has successfully posted more pics than anyone else in the forum, regardless of how long they have had their TSX. LOL, just kidding excited. I think its great you are so enthusiastic. I am going to put up a bunch of pics soon,...the before/after shots of the dreaded salt washing. The trunk tray looks good. I think I am going to get one later this year.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:50 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by West6MT
I think in the short while excited has had his TSX he has successfully posted more pics than anyone else in the forum, regardless of how long they have had their TSX. LOL, just kidding excited I think its great you are so enthusiastic. I am going to put up a bunch of pics soon,...the before/after shots of the dreaded salt washing. The trunk tray looks good. I think I am going to get one later this year.
lol - A picture is worth a thousand words. Love my RBP TSX!

(Just wait until the summer when I can take some pictures of it in the mountains)

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by excited
lol - A picture is worth a thousand words. Love my RBP TSX!

(Just wait until the summer when I can take some pictures of it in the mountains)

Excited
STOP THAT. I am so jealous of your winter rims,.......stupid steelies I have. No mountain pictures,....that will depress me as I am stuck here in TO with no beautiful mountains. What do you think of the mild winter so far?
Old 01-14-2006, 04:02 PM
BRH
BRH

Question

Hey Gforce,

Thanks for the link to that online supplier. However, the "fine print" on the site says that the trunk tray is made to fit the 04 and 05 TSX. Does anyone know whether this tray will fit the 06 TSX as well?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2006, 04:25 PM
TSX4EVR

STOP THAT. I am so jealous of your winter rims,.......stupid steelies I have. No mountain pictures,....that will depress me as I am stuck here in TO with no beautiful mountains. What do you think of the mild winter so far?
First off to keep the theme of the thread going, below are two pics of the mirror retracted. (Yes West6MT two more pics)

The mild winter has been fantastic. We are half way through January and no real winter to talk about. The top of the grass is still sticking out of what little snow we have. It's no So Cal but it is good for us.

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 04:31 PM
TSX4EVR

Oops I feel like a horse's ass. I posted the mirror pics to the wrong thread. LOL

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 04:39 PM
08 MDX with Sports

Turn the rearview mirror on/off maybe it wasn't on... it makes all the headlites look greenish..
Old 01-14-2006, 05:12 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by BRH
Hey Gforce,

Thanks for the link to that online supplier. However, the "fine print" on the site says that the trunk tray is made to fit the 04 and 05 TSX. Does anyone know whether this tray will fit the 06 TSX as well?

Thanks!
I noticed that too - HandA Accessories has been slow to update their site. However, I believe the trunk mat is the same for 2006. I don't think anything has changed inside the trunk...from what I can tell my 2006 (RBP/Parchment 6-sp navi) trunk interior looks just like the 2005. Best bet would be to call HandA over the phone and ask them to verify.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Senior Moderator

First off to keep the theme of the thread going, below are two pics of the mirror retracted. (Yes West6MT two more pics)

The mild winter has been fantastic. We are half way through January and no real winter to talk about. The top of the grass is still sticking out of what little snow we have. It's no So Cal but it is good for us.

Excited
LOL, did you have those already, or did you go take them for the thread about the mirrors? You usually get pretty brutal winters out where you are, so understandable. I enjoy winter,.....so this milder (but cold enough to suck) weather with rain SUCKS. I would rather have it colder with snow on the ground,...I like snow.

Keeping on topic, I agree with Gforce in that the trunk tray should fit into the 06's. I would verify, as Gforce suggested, to make sure before ordering anything.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:22 PM
TSX4EVR

LOL, did you have those already, or did you go take them for the thread about the mirrors? You usually get pretty brutal winters out where you are, so understandable. I enjoy winter,.....so this milder (but cold enough to suck) weather with rain SUCKS. I would rather have it colder with snow on the ground,...I like snow.

Keeping on topic, I agree with Gforce in that the trunk tray should fit into the 06's. I would verify, as Gforce suggested, to make sure before ordering anything.
I have nothing to say that would be on topic other than if there was another TSX in the neighbourhood I would see if mine fits.

LOL Yea, I went out and took the pics for the thread. With my digital camera it is easy to take the memory card out, stick it in the slot in the computer and upload it. Kind of a dreary day outside today, so not much to do other that to watch football (Seahawks are winning) and post.

Usually by this time we would have had a few days in the minus 30's or even -40's. It has hovered around the freezing mark all winter with very little snow. I like snow outside the city, but it can keep away from the city all winter and I would be happy. Snow in the Mountains or in cottage country where you are is great.

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Senior Moderator

I have nothing to say that would be on topic other than if there was another TSX in the neighbourhood I would see if mine fits.

LOL Yea, I went out and took the pics for the thread. With my digital camera it is easy to take the memory card out, stick it in the slot in the computer and upload it. Kind of a dreary day outside today, so not much to do other that to watch football (Seahawks are winning) and post.

Usually by this time we would have had a few days in the minus 30's or even -40's. It has hovered around the freezing mark all winter with very little snow. I like snow outside the city, but it can keep away from the city all winter and I would be happy. Snow in the Mountains or in cottage country where you are is great.

Excited
I have only been in weather that cold a few times. Snow is nice around cottage country etc,........and for going skiing at our,...oh so cant compare hills to your mountains haha.

BRH, you could always try to find a member with an 04/05 that has the trunk tray and meet up with them to see if it fits if anyone is near you. I think calling in or whatever is probably the easiest route however. I think I cant post anymore in this thread,.........haha.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

Having lived in YYZ, YOW, & Waterloo, I don't miss the weather at all
I would consider picking up the trunk tray though.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BRH
Hmm... That's something that I hadn't thought of. I'll wait and see about that. I've only had it one night so far, so maybe I'll adjust to it. Or maybe there's a better solution.

Thanks for the thought, though, Tintin!
i've got 20% tint and i've never had a single problem with peoples lights...even semi's which are at the right hight to point directly at my retina through the mirror.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Pro

Sigh,
I do miss the Alberta mountains.

I would love to drive the tSX up there...hell, i would love to have a TSX period.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Oops I feel like a horse's ass. I posted the mirror pics to the wrong thread. LOL

Excited
Sure, sure. You just wanted more exposure.
But since my car is not so clean, be my guest.

Though...
This weekend, we had 1.5 days of sun/cloud mix. (It's pouring right now...) In between running various errands, I took a run through a touchless carwash. It's not "clean" clean, but it's cleaner. Time to stock up on cleaning supplies for the next sunny weather window.