The new TL: Why don't people care more about size?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 07:28 PM
More On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by LeMasseHammer
This thread is beginning to resemble another vintage Larch thread from the dark side.
Larch pushing and prodding over a vague question, regarding a completely subjective concept, or with unrevealed or non-existent data, but in which he has great interest (or too much free time), all the while, trying to understand why we don't just agree with him, aka.....
I can't blame you, LMH -- I know that a lot of people agree with you, probably most.

But it's not unusual for threads on this board to reflect a narrow interest. How often do you look at the Car Wash threads? Well, a few people care about them a lot. The rest of us don't have to look at them. And you don't have to look here.

Also I think that you, like some others, are misunderstanding this thread. I'm fascinated by the process of how we take limited info and reach conclusions. That's how we go about most things in life. Inevitably we make assumptions along the way, otherwise nothing would be possible. Usually we're not even aware that we've made assumptions, and then we wind up being surprised when it turns out we've taken our thoughts totally in the wrong direction.

In truth I don't think it's likely that this is happening about the TL -- I think that most of the assumptions are going to be borne out, basically. But I do think that some won't, and that most people will be a bit surprised, probably with disappointment. And it's quite possible that most people will turn out to be very wrong about the car in some major respect.

This fascinates me. It doesn't have to fascinate you.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:50 AM
Racer

Just for the record Larch, I didn't mean to be insulting or disrespectful

If my girlfriend wasn't on my case about it, calling me obsessive etc., I'd be here more often, pushing the edge of the envelope on many topics just like you. You da TSX man, man

Sorta back on topic here:
I was unaware that the TL would be available with a MT until I saw the picts with my own eyes. The TSX's size is special (and perfect for me and my med-small garage), but I've got renewed interest in the '04 TL, regardless of how big it'll be, as long as it's got 3 pedals. The power/agility tradeoff (assuming there is one) between TL and TSX is a wash in my book.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Instructor

we'll find out in 6 weeks or so, right?
Old 08-12-2003, 11:59 AM
More On

Originally posted by LeMasseHammer
.....If my girlfriend wasn't on my case about it, calling me obsessive etc., I'd be here more often.......
.....The TSX's size is special (and perfect for me and my med-small garage).....
I have the garage problem and the girlfriend "problem" too.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:26 PM
9th Gear

I recall I read somewhere a while back that there are 3 accord platforms - S,M,L

Small - Euro Accord/TSX
Medium - NA Accord/Inspire
Large - 04 TL

So I'm pretty sure the 04 TL will be slightly larger(longer) than the 03 NA Accord, just like the last generation TL is larger than the 6th gen accord.

Plus it makes business sense too because if the TL is sized too small it will take away customers shopping for TSX and Accords.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Re: The new TL: Why don't people care more about size?

Originally posted by larchmont
I've seen how most people here seem able to get all enthusiastic about the new TL, get all worked up wondering about all kinds of details, and even be totally ready to buy it -- without knowing whether it will be A4 size or A6 size or somewhere in between.
This is a late reply, but I've seen the concept at the NY Auto Show and the size is perfect. The new TL is about the size of the NA Accord.

TRUST ME on this!!!

Old 08-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Intermediate

Hey guys, if it is so important to you, why don't you figure out the size of the car by using the tire as a unit of measurement. I think you could approximate the correct leght fairly easy. By the way, I read somewhere that the TL should measure the same as the NA Accord
Old 08-12-2003, 07:46 PM
More On

Originally posted by ALFA
Hey guys, if it is so important to you, why don't you figure out the size of the car by using the tire as a unit of measurement. I think you could approximate the correct length fairly easy.....
A couple of our dudes did that, and nobody believes their results.

Here's the first one:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...5256#post15256

The other one is a few posts below that.