new owner of a 2007, slightly lost here

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:15 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new owner of a 2007, slightly lost here

Hi guys, i recently bought a new (to me) 2007 TSX with navi. I am in love with the car, everything has been great so far. But the navigation is very old, and has never been updated. I promise i have searched this as much as possible before posting this, but i cannot figure out if people have been successfully able to load the new 4.xx maps onto their system.

Has it been done, successfully, without problems? I just want to know if im wasting my time looking for a 4.xx disc, when all i can load is one of the 3.xx discs.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,517 Likes on 1,183 Posts
Your TSX should be using the Acura/Honda white disk with version numbers in the 4.xx range. Unless you Navi system was added by the pervious owner and they used an 04-05 system.

If you go to:
- Press the "set-up" button below the navi screen
- Press the "more" button on top right of Navi screen
- Press the "System Information" button on the Navi screen
This should show you the database version, mine is v4.81A

--OR--

You can eject your DVD from the player in the trunk to make sure it is the white DVD.

Acura only makes updates once a year in the fall for all vehicles. The lastest 2012 DVD v4.A2 is out for $149+shipping. You just have to eject the old DVD from the player in the trunk, slide in the new DVD, and the system does the rest. Just make sure the new Navi DVD is a higher version of the DVD in the player.
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...gationMenu=YES

You can also shop places like eBay for pervious versions of the Honda/Acura white Navi DVD. Usually the higher the version number, the higher the price and it might be cheaper to purchase new sometimes. The white disk for Honda and Acura are exactly the same. If you find a v4.73 white disk for a Ridgeline for $100 and the same disk for a TSX for $125; purchase the cheaper Ridgeline disk.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=C...&_stpos=&gbr=1
Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 PM
keep it clean

Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
Your TSX should be using the Acura/Honda white disk with version numbers in the 4.xx range. Unless you Navi system was added by the pervious owner and they used an 04-05 system.

If you go to:
- Press the "set-up" button below the navi screen
- Press the "more" button on top right of Navi screen
- Press the "System Information" button on the Navi screen
This should show you the database version, mine is v4.81A

--OR--

You can eject your DVD from the player in the trunk to make sure it is the white DVD.

Acura only makes updates once a year in the fall for all vehicles. The lastest 2012 DVD v4.A2 is out for $149+shipping. You just have to eject the old DVD from the player in the trunk, slide in the new DVD, and the system does the rest. Just make sure the new Navi DVD is a higher version of the DVD in the player.
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...gationMenu=YES

You can also shop places like eBay for pervious versions of the Honda/Acura white Navi DVD. Usually the higher the version number, the higher the price and it might be cheaper to purchase new sometimes. The white disk for Honda and Acura are exactly the same. If you find a v4.73 white disk for a Ridgeline for $100 and the same disk for a TSX for $125; purchase the cheaper Ridgeline disk.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=C...&_stpos=&gbr=1

Do you happen to know when the updated Navi disc goes on sale for a discounted price? I remember last year it was offered at a lower price for about a month or two. Not sure if this is something Acura does every year. Thanks.