New iPod integration info on Acura.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New iPod integration info on Acura.com

http://www.acura.com/index.aspx?init...PodIntegration

"...Voice prompts help you find music on your iPod, allowing you to shuffle songs and albums, search playlists, and skip between tracks. Acura Music Link uses the CD changer commands on your audio system to control iPod functions, and steering wheel-mounted controls let you skip tracks without taking your hands from the wheel. And while it's connected, the Acura Music Link System charges your iPod's battery."

Sounds basically the same as iceLink/blitzsafe with added voice prompts...
Old 11-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Burning Brakes

I am assuming .....only work for ipod....
wat happen if u r not using ipod hahaha
Old 11-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Racer

The whole new acura.com site is a loooooot nicer.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
again difference between ipod integration and aux in. Aux in is in the armrest where you can plug in a regular audio line and play it through the stereo. Ipod integration is a kit you can buy for i think 250 which has plugs in ur glove box that only takes ipods, which u can operate through handsfree and i assume the center console>
Old 11-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Racer

The wording sure does make it seem like it will work on pre-06 models...

Is it me or did they get rid of the virtual showroom? That was one of the best things on the site the other car companies didnt have.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by acn684
again difference between ipod integration and aux in. Aux in is in the armrest where you can plug in a regular audio line and play it through the stereo. Ipod integration is a kit you can buy for i think 250 which has plugs in ur glove box that only takes ipods, which u can operate through handsfree and i assume the center console>
true, i think we can use center console to change tracks (since we can use steering wheel)... BUT i don't think we're going to get song information displayed anywhere since it uses the cd changer commands
Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL
Is it me or did they get rid of the virtual showroom? That was one of the best things on the site the other car companies didnt have.
It's you. Look harder. It's there.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:10 PM
TSX4EVR

I just got my Ipod nano today. (Will get my Acura Music Link when it becomes available)

Let's see.... I have my winter wheels and tires, my personalized license plate, my Ipod nano........ All I am missing is my TSX!!

Just waiting for my ship to come in.

Excited
Old 11-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Racer

wait wait so aux ports are standard on 06 models??? can we install this feature for 05??
if so it will be great!!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Racer

wait and again, website said "mp3" not ipod so aux is not the part of ipod integration????
Old 11-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Aux ports are standard on 06's they're in the arm rest. Ipod goes in the glove compartment and also requires a seperate adaptor.

We don't know if you can use it in an 05 but im sure when someone opens up a 06 we'll know. If its a splice, it might be possible to mimick - if its a new port, that's going to cause some trouble.

I just realized something. If theres song names, then we might be able to put them on 05's. If there isn't then we can't, because it seems like they only way they're promoting the song change is through handsfree. However, I'm pretty sure it'll display on your dash. I mean for 250 dollars you're going to get alot more than a simple plug hopefully...
Old 11-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Racer

yeah... i want the damn aux port... =/ this is horrible... new memory seat, bluetooth, standard fog light... and aux port... what the crap is this!!! god... now tsx can compete with even TL....
Old 11-10-2005, 06:55 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ it IS a baby TL with all these new gadgets!! only thing that separates it is the V6, and not necessariily a bad thing - i like the 4-cyl.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:15 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by excited
I just got my Ipod nano today. (Will get my Acura Music Link when it becomes available)

Let's see.... I have my winter wheels and tires, my personalized license plate, my Ipod nano........ All I am missing is my TSX!!

Excited

don't forget your bluetooth phone, Excited!!
if i know you, you've already got that also
Old 11-10-2005, 08:14 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by laee3
wait wait so aux ports are standard on 06 models??? can we install this feature for 05??
if so it will be great!!
You can install an aftermarket Aux port on the TSX very easily
Old 11-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Canuck

Originally Posted by mgoblu
http://www.acura.com/index.aspx?init...PodIntegration

"...Voice prompts help you find music on your iPod, allowing you to shuffle songs and albums, search playlists, and skip between tracks. Acura Music Link uses the CD changer commands on your audio system to control iPod functions, and steering wheel-mounted controls let you skip tracks without taking your hands from the wheel. And while it's connected, the Acura Music Link System charges your iPod's battery."

Sounds basically the same as iceLink/blitzsafe with added voice prompts...
How will NAVI affect it? I was wondering we you can browse through the menu via NAVI instead of the IPOD and use touch screen to select songs and menus.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by narci
How will NAVI affect it? I was wondering we you can browse through the menu via NAVI instead of the IPOD and use touch screen to select songs and menus.
I don't think we can browse the menu, except by using the steering wheel/HU buttons and listening to the voice prompts since MusicLink uses CD changer commands... as far as I know CD changer commands don't pass song/artist/etc info: think blitzsafe/icelink... but someone correct me if i'm wrong
Old 11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Ipod integration sounds basically like an Icelink. If it costs more than an icelink, I'm not sure that it would be worth it to pay more and get Acura's version unless you really want the voice commands. The voice commands will be really cool, but I would maybe even rather get a Harman/Kardon Driver+Play for $199. That thing has gotten awesome reviews!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by mgoblu
I don't think we can browse the menu, except by using the steering wheel/HU buttons and listening to the voice prompts since MusicLink uses CD changer commands... as far as I know CD changer commands don't pass song/artist/etc info: think blitzsafe/icelink... but someone correct me if i'm wrong
Old 11-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Cruisin'

Stupid new website doesnt work in Firefox.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:30 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by z-tec
don't forget your bluetooth phone, Excited!!
if i know you, you've already got that also
LOL LOL That's right I did forget my bluetooth phone on the list. I set them all up in my garage, but I was missing the new car smell.

Excited
Old 11-11-2005, 04:18 PM
No Longer a Poseur

Originally Posted by Tsx536
The Ipod integration sounds basically like an Icelink. If it costs more than an icelink, I'm not sure that it would be worth it to pay more and get Acura's version unless you really want the voice commands. The voice commands will be really cool, but I would maybe even rather get a Harman/Kardon Driver+Play for $199. That thing has gotten awesome reviews!

While that thing looks nice, I'd think it'd kinda ruin the nicely designed cabin with a goofy display mounted somewhere and a glowing mushroom controller mounted by your gearshift....

Old 11-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Old 11-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by MikeMa
While that thing looks nice, I'd think it'd kinda ruin the nicely designed cabin with a goofy display mounted somewhere and a glowing mushroom controller mounted by your gearshift....

Mount the display in the storage bin or sunglass holder then. You can take the base off of the controller so it doesn't look like a mushroom. Vasu mounted his on the front of the center armrest. He also said the blue light on the controller matches perfectly with the blue light in the TSX. I don't think it would look all that bad, but that's just my opinon. Just trying to give people an alternative that they might not know about.

Until we actually see Acura's version, who knows which is better. I'm still hoping that Acura's version will have the same type of functionality as the h/k unit and display playlist and song info on the screen.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:03 PM
iVTEC no koe

Mount the display in the storage bin or sunglass holder then. You can take the base off of the controller so it doesn't look like a mushroom. Vasu mounted his on the front of the center armrest. He also said the blue light on the controller matches perfectly with the blue light in the TSX. I don't think it would look all that bad, but that's just my opinon. Just trying to give people an alternative that they might not know about.

Until we actually see Acura's version, who knows which is better. I'm still hoping that Acura's version will have the same type of functionality as the h/k unit and display playlist and song info on the screen.
I'd gladly sacrifice a cup holder for the mushroom, lol.

Also, it looks small enough to squeeze into Not an Ashtray.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Racer

Excited
I hope your car wasn't on the frieghter carrying a load of cars that went down in the Pacific today, the news reports are saying they were all Acuras!!

Now I have to get a Nano just to keep up with you.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:18 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by feliz
I hope your car wasn't on the frieghter carrying a load of cars that went down in the Pacific today, the news reports are saying they were all Acuras!!

Now I have to get a Nano just to keep up with you.
LOL Hey, your going to be getting your 06 first and will be driving it for a couple of weeks before I get the pleasure.

Of course golfing on the Plantation Course in Maui can ease the pain for me a little.

British Columbia I think is a great place to own a TSX with all of the twisty and mountainous roads. You should have lots of fun. I will be visiting your province a couple of times at least in 06 with my TSX so I will be able to share in your joy.

Flash news report: They found on TSX still afloat on a remote island. It was an Alabaster Silver auto with navi and it had a friend called Wilson.

Excited
Old 11-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Racer

Flash news report: They found on TSX still afloat on a remote island. It was an Alabaster Silver auto with navi and it had a friend called Wilson.

Excited
I heard the pirates got that one...ha, ha.

Keep in touch, we can meet up and compare TSXs when your here if you like.

Have a good time on your trip, are you going to the Acura dealer there?

How much did you pay for your Nano, I've been looking at them on-line?

Take care and have a good vacation!!

Feliz
Old 11-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Cruisin'

The problem with the H/K unit is that I believe you still need some adaptor to give you an AUX in on the stereo. It also does FM, but who wants to use FM when you payed that much for the unit.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:10 PM
TSX4EVR

I heard the pirates got that one...ha, ha.

Keep in touch, we can meet up and compare TSXs when your here if you like.

Have a good time on your trip, are you going to the Acura dealer there?

How much did you pay for your Nano, I've been looking at them on-line?

Take care and have a good vacation!!

Feliz

I do plan on visiting the Acura dealer on Oahu when I'm there. I actually bought the nano as part of a gift basket that was up for auction for a United Way auction I organized. I got the gift basket for $255 which is about the price of the 2G nano with tax. I also got the nano armband, a pedometer, a leather sports bag, $20 gift certificate and a towel and socks. (It was a fitness theme gift basket) To be honest I haven't played with it yet. My daughter took it right away unopened to put 50 songs on it for my 50th birthday party tonight. (It don't actually turn 50 until the 17th). So tonight will be the first night I get to play with it.

I'm not sure when the Acura Music Link will be available. Supposely sometime in December.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Excited
Old 11-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Racer

I do plan on visiting the Acura dealer on Oahu when I'm there. I actually bought the nano as part of a gift basket that was up for auction for a United Way auction I organized. I got the gift basket for $255 which is about the price of the 2G nano with tax. I also got the nano armband, a pedometer, a leather sports bag, $20 gift certificate and a towel and socks. (It was a fitness theme gift basket) To be honest I haven't played with it yet. My daughter took it right away unopened to put 50 songs on it for my 50th birthday party tonight. (It don't actually turn 50 until the 17th). So tonight will be the first night I get to play with it.

I'm not sure when the Acura Music Link will be available. Supposely sometime in December.

Excited
Wow!! You got a good deal. Have a good time at your party tonight, does that mean you won't be posting this evening or will you do that using your phone from the washroom?
Old 11-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Excited
Well Happy Birthday man. Enjoy your new Nano!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:43 PM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by dsmoot
The problem with the H/K unit is that I believe you still need some adaptor to give you an AUX in on the stereo. It also does FM, but who wants to use FM when you payed that much for the unit.
You are correct, usually a Soundgate input, in our case.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

AUX in is standard in the 06
Old 11-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Check out Vasu's thread in the a/v section:
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/%5Btsx%5D-project-drive-play-322341/

Old 11-13-2005, 03:55 PM
No Longer a Poseur

I wasn't trying to bash your idea....I was just kinda stating my personal opinion.

I'm one of those individuals who hates changing the interior of a car (esp. one as nicely done as the TSX). I would never even consider putting in a third party deck unless it could be hidden away behind all the stock controls.

It's just my preference.

It'd be interesting to see if Harmon/Kardon could make a version that is controlled by the deck's/steering wheel controls, but still has a display that, as you mentioned, could be hidden away in the sunglass holder.

I'm also anxious to see how Acura's system works. I'm guessing anything to do with a readout won't really work with the non-navi version, as that display isn't a dot-matrix-type display that can display all manner of characters. But, even then, for myself, I don't think I'd mind....since I usually just hit play on Random....and when I hit a song I don't like, I just skip it.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

^^ It's all good. I know what you mean about wanting to keep the interior clean.

I'm hoping Acura's version has a lot of features. Hopefully they release it soon and it's backwards compatible.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:15 PM
TSX4EVR

Wow!! You got a good deal. Have a good time at your party tonight, does that mean you won't be posting this evening or will you do that using your phone from the washroom?
You were right I was too busy to post. It was a terrific party with surprise guests from Toronto and Vancouver and thanks TSX536 for the birthday wishes. My daughter won't have my nano ready until my real birthday on the 17th so I have to wait a couple of days to be Ipod savy.

Kept showing people the acura website all night showing off the TSX and it's features. My wife doesn't indulge my obession any more, so I had to take advantage of fresh meat.

On Tuesday I will be going to the dealer to drop off my winter wheels and tires, my license plate and to finalize the deal. I will drop the OEM spoiler from the original contract and add the remote start. I doubt that they will have the final pricing for the Acura Music link but if so will add that as well.

Excited
Old 11-13-2005, 07:27 PM
iVTEC no koe

My wife doesn't indulge my obession any more, so I had to take advantage of fresh meat.

Excited

Old 11-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Racer

when will this be available? sometime in december?

Quick Reply: New iPod integration info on Acura.com