New to the forum.... has anyone in DC worked with UBS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:37 PM
JBZ
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the forum.... has anyone in DC worked with UBS?

Hey all. I have been reading your posts for a couple weeks while in the process of buying my TSX, and you've been so helpful.

I have a refundable deposit on a 2006 carbon gray/ebony with nav for $30,800 total. I just found out that I can buy through UBS so I called the affiliated dealer (Radley) today and he said I would save at least $500, possibly as much as $800 (he didn't have the price list on him), so I am going to go in tomorrow. If anyone has purchased through UBS, I'd love to hear experiences.

Also, I'm considering the silver or glacier blue instead of the gray since darker colors show dirt so much easier, and my car isn't going to be in a garage for at least a little while. Thoughts?

Finally, is everyone liking the nav system? Is it worth it? I have no sense of direction and am somewhat new to the area, so it would be nice. But on the other hand, saving some money would be good too.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by JBZ
I just found out that I can buy through UBS so I called the affiliated dealer (Radley) today and he said I would save at least $500, possibly as much as $800
I asked about UBS and Radley gave me $500 more off my 2004, but if you look at the deals other people are getting, you can probably do better than that price.

Finally, is everyone liking the nav system? Is it worth it? I have no sense of direction and am somewhat new to the area, so it would be nice. But on the other hand, saving some money would be good too.
I think everyone loves the navi. I opted to save the $$, but in hindsight I wish I had one, although having money in my pocket isn't so bad either
Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Connected

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
the Navi is great, until you drive close to the Pentagon. Suddenly the map shows you driving in the Potomac River! :lol:

Darn security inconsistencies put into GPS by the Department of Defense...
Old 12-14-2005, 12:06 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by SENATOR
the Navi is great, until you drive close to the Pentagon. Suddenly the map shows you driving in the Potomac River! :lol:

Darn security inconsistencies put into GPS by the Department of Defense...
I don't have that problem?? Lol, I worked in the Pentagon until recently and even when I parked in the lot right next to the building I had no problem with the navi...

Now I work a block away and still don't have a problem.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Intermediate

Yea it is just too much for me. I have a pretty nice handheld GPS that I use if I get lost.

Though it kills me people getting navigation in their 06 for only 1 grand more. It is so inconsistent with what dealers are offering nation wide.

My dealer would not budge from MSRP so there was no hope in getting Navigation "thrown" in.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Connected

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
I don't have that problem?? Lol, I worked in the Pentagon until recently and even when I parked in the lot right next to the building I had no problem with the navi...

Now I work a block away and still don't have a problem.
I have all kinds of problems once I get near the 14th Street Bridge. Maybe my disc is old...
Old 12-14-2005, 01:05 PM
send me a link to JDM??

I have all kinds of problems once I get near the 14th Street Bridge. Maybe my disc is old...
hmmmm that's wierd... I cross the bridge and everything no problem.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Connected

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
hmmmm that's wierd... I cross the bridge and everything no problem.
Have you done it while mapping a route? I mean, following directions instead of just having the map on.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JBZ
Hey all. I have been reading your posts for a couple weeks while in the process of buying my TSX, and you've been so helpful.

I have a refundable deposit on a 2006 carbon gray/ebony with nav for $30,800 total. I just found out that I can buy through UBS so I called the affiliated dealer (Radley) today and he said I would save at least $500, possibly as much as $800 (he didn't have the price list on him), so I am going to go in tomorrow. If anyone has purchased through UBS, I'd love to hear experiences.

Also, I'm considering the silver or glacier blue instead of the gray since darker colors show dirt so much easier, and my car isn't going to be in a garage for at least a little while. Thoughts?

I'm looking into what UBS is charging also. Where I'm at they only have the prices for the 2005 right now and it is slightly above what some people are saying they paid for the 2006 (w/navi). Unless they jacked up the 2006 price, you'll pay a few hundred more than what people are getting at those NJ dealers. It really depends on if the few hundred is worth not having to haggle or go dealer shopping. Then again, I've been hearing the DC area dealers aren't big on dealing.

If you find out what the 2006 is going for (w/navi) PM me. I don't know when my work will be getting the 2006 prices in.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Cruisin'

I have an 04 with Nav. You will love the Nav, and yours is even better.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:33 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Have you done it while mapping a route? I mean, following directions instead of just having the map on.
yep. I will try it tonight on my way home from work but I'm 100% sure it works fine.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Intermediate

Hi JBZ & vbgirl76,

I also was at Radley. I have both Costco and UBS member price. Their price of $1000 under MSRP for 06 TSX w/o NAV ($28,505 - $1,000 = $27,505) for Costco members was too high based on what I have seen on this forum. At the time, UBS price was not released so I could not compare between the two offers.

However, I got a great deal with other dealer for $26,551--this price is only $500 above the invoice price. Many members here made suggestions and they have been very helpful.

You should shop around at other dealers. At first, I was afraid to deal with regular dealers, but I got lucky and found a good dealer.

Happy Shopping!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
In general using some middle man to get a car is for folks who can't deal themselves or don't want to be bothered. Getting a good deal is a day to day thing with some luck involved.