New to the boards,

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 PM
RSX to TSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the boards,

(I didn't know where to post this)

Hey guys my name is Dan I am 17 years old, I just recently got a 2006 TSX. I love it but i miss my old car alot. I am part of the site called Club RSX, i used to own an RSX but I totaled her on December 5th, about a month ago. It was a pretty bad accident. To make a long story short, my car fishtailed from running on summer tires. (I live in NJ).
I wasn't showing off, I'll admit i was speeding but not to an extreme, maybe 5-10 over but i learned a lesson and i also learned that the RSX saved my life and my friends, that is the whole reason why I was given that car, for saftey reasons. The car did its job and my friend and I walked away unharmed.
((Oh and I don't need flaming, I know there are people like that on Crsx i dunno about here though, hopefully you guys are more mature.))
Insurance covered everything from full coverage, and is not going up from everything else my parents have in AllState insurance...

Here is what my RSX looked like about a week before my accident... (my base auto ssm, with my older brothers 06 type S)

I managed to keep a few things off of my RSX; pedals (which cant go on TSX), headunit but i like the six disk, plus i want to save up for the Navi eventually. Also managed to get my comptech oil cap, seat belt pads that say Acura (Id recremend these for people becasue they helped during the accident and just for daily driving.) but other than that CF hood was a loss, as well as ITR Valve cover/spark plug cover, GReddy Sp2 exhaust and header.
But now i own a 2006 Premium White Pearl, auto non-navi TSX. We got it for pretty cheap, because one. turnersville acura loves my family, and two it was a leftover. But I'm just looking for some guidance. Going from a Base-auto RSX to a TSX is a big difference.

What are the basic first mod's most people do?
- I still have my system sitting in my room (that I got from Best Buy on discount [I work there]) that i was going to put in the RSX but I'm not sure if i should put it in the TSX. (Its all Infinity, components, kappa perfect sub)
Any good sites?

Like I want some cheap little mods, if you understand what I'm saying. Engine Dressup, Interior stuff, I'm not cheap but yeah...
What do you guys suggest? I want a lip kit eventually and wheels, but I am going to wait on them for now. But I only know of like two Mugen and Aspec.

So far i just put the Oil Cap... lol..

Thanks for the help/reading, and sorry its pretty long.. - Dan
Old 01-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Race Director

Wow sorry about your werck but at least your acura held up and kept you safe. I think all the new acuras have scored VERY high in crash test ratings. Congrats on the new car and enjoy it.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Burning Brakes

welcome to the tsx world. sorry to hear about your accident, but as everyone feels, at least you're okay.

for cheap mods, i'd suggest: tints, rear sway bar, m3 style lip spoiler
Old 01-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
No shame in wrecking the RSX. Mine turns me into an S&M artist -- after it warms up, it makes me want to wring every last bit of life out of its neck. And I love it. I think it likes it too. Heh heh heh ...

There's also an '06 TSX AT that I drive every now and then, but it just doesn't make me want to misbehave in the same way. It's definitely a step up in class though.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
welcome and you will love this car..
Old 01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Time to Climb

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
welcome to az and glad to hear you came out unharmed
Old 01-04-2007, 06:47 AM
RSX to TSX

thanks everyone for your comments. yeah acura makes really safe cars, this is why my parents trust them so much

I know I will love the TSX as much as my old car the RSX but its going to take time cause theyre in a different "class" I like the sportier look so this is what ill do to the TSX to make it a little more sporty.

But anyway thanks for being mature and not taking my accident the wrong way

are there anyother kits other than Mugen/Aspec?

Also i really like the new 2007 TL Type S wheels, would they fit a TSX?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My buddy went off a off ramp with his RSX-S and it flipped a couple times. He didnt ahve seat belt. He walked away unharmed.

The RSX has a tubular structure I think its different then the other acuras?? am I wrong?

anyways, glad your safe. Gratz on tsx.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ssm05rsx
thanks everyone for your comments. yeah acura makes really safe cars, this is why my parents trust them so much

I know I will love the TSX as much as my old car the RSX but its going to take time cause theyre in a different "class" I like the sportier look so this is what ill do to the TSX to make it a little more sporty.

But anyway thanks for being mature and not taking my accident the wrong way

Congrats and welcome!

Regarding your question about the lip kit and such, the only other ones that i know of that relatively easy to get your hands on are the Euro R kit, and then 2 others that i won't mention because if you put them on your car, you will be bashed by others....lol. and i will admit, they are pretty ugly! Just go onto ebay and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about.

If your looking for wheels, right now Ron Jon is having a nice sale on their Servos and i think i got the last set of silver 18's but they have chrome 18's and a lot of silver and chrome 17's left. Just an idea that looks good right now.

As for cheap mods, Comptech Icebox (intake), comptech rear sway bar, tint, throw in your subs, the M3 lip spoiler, blue (or white) interior LED kit, and thats about all the cheap ones i can think of right now. I have all those mention plus a few others and that will really make it look nice!

Hope that helped ya out a little bit!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:32 AM
RSX to TSX

Originally Posted by jwood_04TSX
Congrats and welcome!

Regarding your question about the lip kit and such, the only other ones that i know of that relatively easy to get your hands on are the Euro R kit, and then 2 others that i won't mention because if you put them on your car, you will be bashed by others....lol. and i will admit, they are pretty ugly! Just go onto ebay and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about.

If your looking for wheels, right now Ron Jon is having a nice sale on their Servos and i think i got the last set of silver 18's but they have chrome 18's and a lot of silver and chrome 17's left. Just an idea that looks good right now.

As for cheap mods, Comptech Icebox (intake), comptech rear sway bar, tint, throw in your subs, the M3 lip spoiler, blue (or white) interior LED kit, and thats about all the cheap ones i can think of right now. I have all those mention plus a few others and that will really make it look nice!

Hope that helped ya out a little bit!
yeah thanks for the info, and yes i would probably know what those kits look like if you said "search ebay" I know from looking at RSX kits, there are so many for the 02-04 and wow some of them are hideous.
Like for my RSX I was going to get the C-west kit for the 05... only if cwest made one for the TSX, actually I don't know i never looked into it.
But the Acura Aspec kit is growing on me, and i like the Mugen wing for it and I am contemplating it, i never saw the M3 lip spoiler in pics, again I am new to TSX's.

Also jwood_04TSX, do you have pics of your TSX, so i can see the Interior LED's? My friend has something like that for his RSX.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:35 AM
RSX to TSX

Oh yeah, I know the rims I want, but i have some time to look into it, looking at the new Work Emotions in Bronze. But again I have time to look into this and actually I need to show my parents I'm a good driver again.... so they'll let me do bigger mods.. aka wheels, i/e/h.. It sucks but... like my dad says "you gotta pay if your going to play"....
Old 01-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the site.....now drive safely .
Old 01-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

yeah thanks for the info, and yes i would probably know what those kits look like if you said "search ebay" I know from looking at RSX kits, there are so many for the 02-04 and wow some of them are hideous.
Like for my RSX I was going to get the C-west kit for the 05... only if cwest made one for the TSX, actually I don't know i never looked into it.
But the Acura Aspec kit is growing on me, and i like the Mugen wing for it and I am contemplating it, i never saw the M3 lip spoiler in pics, again I am new to TSX's.

Also jwood_04TSX, do you have pics of your TSX, so i can see the Interior LED's? My friend has something like that for his RSX.

Thanks.
I don't know much about cwest kit, i have never heard of it while being on here so i would venture to say that they don't make one for our cars.

As for pics, i have pics of my car on here, but not of the interior lights. If you do a search for "interior LED" you will find a tons of threads with pics of what they look like. The same goes for the M3 lip spoiler...just search. Just about every possible question you have, try a quick serach and i bet something will pop up because these guys have been around since 2003 and have discussed an enormous amount on info. AND, they aren't afraid to throw it at you, so becareful....lol. Most of the time, they just give you a hard time, so don't take it personal....hah

EDIT: As for the Mugen wing, you might want to take a look at the Spoon spoiler of the ducktail spoiler, its a cross between the M3 and the mugen. It might fit your taste!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the boards here. As is true at clubrsx, and I'm sure you'll be told here, search is your best friend on these boards. We have tons of mod topics discussed ad-nauseum. Check out the perfomance parts and modifications board, and search thoroughly.

Here's a good one to start with though: Free or Inexpensive (<$100) mods
Look especially at post #57 there.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:12 AM
5th Gear

I also totalled my '04 PWP TSX on December 5th. I miss it... But if everything works out I'll have my new '06 TSX w/navi within the next week or so.

Congrats on the new TSX!
Old 01-04-2007, 11:13 AM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Yes and Yes.
Kenstyle, Spoon "Phase" front bumper, Modulo, Euro R are other kits to consider.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:26 AM
RSX to TSX

Originally Posted by Reach
Welcome to the boards here. As is true at clubrsx, and I'm sure you'll be told here, search is your best friend on these boards. We have tons of mod topics discussed ad-nauseum. Check out the perfomance parts and modifications board, and search thoroughly.

Here's a good one to start with though: Free or Inexpensive (<$100) mods
Look especially at post #57 there.

yeah i know about search and everything, but I'm on my school's network and its so slow for browsing the internet... If I was home I'd find everything myself.

And im sorry about your TSX, hopefully you learned something like i did.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh well it's

Sorry for the mishap, just glad you and your friend are okay. Enjoy the new ride and welcome to the club
Old 01-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Have camera, will travel

Welcome to AZ