Need some help looking at maintenance records

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:33 PM
-Nick-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help looking at maintenance records

Well, I don't think anything is out of the normal, but my dad wants me to ask just to be sure. I am hoping some of you will know.

And the salesman made us both a bit paranoid when he kept insisting that the car had never been in a crash and that the state of California wouldn't let them sell a car with frame damage. Which is fine and all, but neither my dad nor I even suggested the car had been in a crash! Seemed a bit odd that he would bring up that the car had never been in a crash when we never asked if it had been.

Anyways, we got records from the service department and it has been in for minor vehicle se. So first, se is just short for service right? and that could be service for anything on the car? Also when it went through certification it shows electrical so is that something that should cause some alarm because the car is only a year old (07 tl).

If anyone can help or just give an opinion, I would appreciate it.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:31 PM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by CGP06tsx
Well, I don't think anything is out of the normal, but my dad wants me to ask just to be sure. I am hoping some of you will know.

And the salesman made us both a bit paranoid when he kept insisting that the car had never been in a crash and that the state of California wouldn't let them sell a car with frame damage. Which is fine and all, but neither my dad nor I even suggested the car had been in a crash! Seemed a bit odd that he would bring up that the car had never been in a crash when we never asked if it had been.

Anyways, we got records from the service department and it has been in for minor vehicle se. So first, se is just short for service right? and that could be service for anything on the car? Also when it went through certification it shows electrical so is that something that should cause some alarm because the car is only a year old (07 tl).

If anyone can help or just give an opinion, I would appreciate it.
Run, don't walk, for the exit. Trust your instinct here...
Old 05-28-2008, 10:32 PM
-Nick-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never mind, I went with my dad to test drive it again and it pulls to the right even after an alignment. That leads me to believe that the suspension was damage. I guess that's why the salesman was trying to convince us it hadn't been in a crash. I think he was telling the truth, but I also think the previous owner smacked the front right wheel into a curb going pretty fast.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:21 AM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by CGP06tsx
Never mind, I went with my dad to test drive it again and it pulls to the right even after an alignment. That leads me to believe that the suspension was damage. I guess that's why the salesman was trying to convince us it hadn't been in a crash. I think he was telling the truth, but I also think the previous owner smacked the front right wheel into a curb going pretty fast.
Best decision you ever made. I failed to trust instinct once...never again.