Need info to purchase tsx in So Cal. !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 11:16 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need info to purchase tsx in So Cal. !!!!

Almost bought a s40 volvo until I saw the tsx.....well the rest u can already figured out. question? what dealership in so. cal can I go to? Should I purchase anytime during November or at the end of the month even if my quotes are at invoice or below it? $25,198 to $25,611,..... are these good numbers for a 06 tsx w/out navi with destination? What in the world is insurance gap? Really appreciate your input.... There's a carbon grey tsx somewhere out there with my name on it... Thanks...........
Old 10-31-2006, 11:17 AM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Keyes Van Nuys
Old 10-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Try Browning Acura in Cerritos. Your best bet is to call around and talk to the fleet manger or the person in charge of internet sales. They are the ones that are able to give you the best price. Most of the salesmen will not be able to beat their quotes. The best part is that it saves you the hassle of driving around and dealing with crappy salesmen. The main reason they give the best price is because that's the only way they'll lure you in. When you're physically there, they don't have too much reason to budge on price. Last piece of advice to you, negotiate everything seperately (price, trade in, interest, terms). Do not try to negotiate all four at the same time. They use a four square system. If they don't get you in one square, they'll make it up in another. Once your happy with one square, move on to the other and don't let them change settled squares. Good luck to you!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:48 AM
3rd Gear

I already have financing with a credit union. Should I negotiate further with the price even if is below invoice? I know about holdbacks, but I was told not to negotiate that. Thanks...........
Old 10-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TBAR
I know about holdbacks, but I was told not to negotiate that. Thanks...........
Who told you this? Anything is negotiable.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Instructor

When I was shopping, the dealership in Santa Monica was like the king of Carbon Grays. The online sales manager was giving the absolute best prices over email, but for CGs. Another dealer who used to work there mentioned that part of that manager's sales and inventory strategy was to load up on the hot selling color to pump up sales volume. Unfortunately, I wasn't looking for a CG.

Not sure if his strategy has changed, but he's definitely worth an email inquiry.

For myself, I ended up buying at Power Acura Southbay through the internet manager. Overall, a good buying experience.

Yeah, like jlukja said, make sure you *do* negotiate with the holdback as a trump card. That's how dealers can routinely go under invoice when they try to outbid each other.

Only sales guys or their wives would tell you not to negotiate on the holdback.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Lowest quote I got was from Acura of South Bay. It was so low though that I didn't believe him, so I didn't bother to make the 1.5 hour drive down there in traffic.

Don't even consider Glendale. They won't negotiate on the price. If they know you want it, they'll even set the price higher.

I got mine from Keyes Acura in van nuys. I was showing the person who came with me some of the quotes I had printed out, and the salesman saw it and said that he can match it since they have the biggest inventory in the area
Old 11-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Instructor

People! Don't get sooo fixated on the price that you pay. Just because you get a price below invoice doesn't mean that your getting a good deal. Like I said, if they don't get you with the price, they sure as hell are going to try make it up with the interest rate, trade in, etc.. Your best bet is to make sure you negotiate everything individualy.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:07 AM
3rd Gear

I read in a previous thread that holdbacks are hard to negotiate due to the fact that we do not know the $$ amount the manufacture is giving the dealership. I've gotten 8 plus quotes ranging from 25,198 to 26,611. Whats an average price I should be looking for as well as hidden charges the dealership places on customers......thanks
Old 11-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Instructor

If there are problems with the low price place, like being too far, seems shady, etc., I would just use the price to negotiate down the other dealerships. Of course, don't let the other dealers know you won't actually buy at the low price place, if that's your actual intention.

I don't know about hidden fees. Just make sure the quote you get includes the destination charge. Try to get them to throw in a protection package (trunk try, wheel locks, mud guards, all weather mats) or something to "close" the deal. See if you can prolong the negotation process as much as possible. Show patience and the ball will be in your court. Let them try to work down to you.