Need Help....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help....

I pick up my 05 TSX tommorow...the dealer agreed on a discount of $1850 with all season mats and wheel locks inc'd and no additional fees will be added(this is with the owner of the dealership BTW). Now a "250$ Accommodation Sale Fee" is now added on because i have a trade in.
What the Heck is that. Unfortunately, I have already put down a deposit on the vehicle when we had finished negotiating a price. The dealer says there is a lot of paperwork and processing involved in a trade in. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to stop them from charging me this ridiculous fee?

I'm afraid that once i see the car I will loose my senses and pay them...
Thanks in advance...
Old 12-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
This is why everything should have been ironed out before the delivery. It's not unusual for a dealer to make you feel good on the purchase just to try to turn around and screw you on the trade. Like all other "fees" it's something to pad his profit. It's up to you to determine if it's worth fighting over.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:57 AM
Quattro in.....

Originally Posted by biker
This is why everything should have been ironed out before the delivery. It's not unusual for a dealer to make you feel good on the purchase just to try to turn around and screw you on the trade. Like all other "fees" it's something to pad his profit. It's up to you to determine if it's worth fighting over.

$1600 off is still a good deal. Did you disclose the fact that you had a trade in, if you did you could argue that point. I would think the trade in value they are giving you would already take into consideration their accomodation fee.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Cruisin'

Its a bit more complicated. I found a buyer for my car, and am processing the vehicle sale through the dealership to save the tax. I told them i may have a trade in and they never mentioned an additional fee.... We bought 2 2005 vehicles from them and the arrangement was to just pay the one "dealer fee" for both. We have given them over 80000 worth of business and just aggravates me the would ruin the deal with $250 fee. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 12-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by itec
Its a bit more complicated. I found a buyer for my car, and am processing the vehicle sale through the dealership to save the tax. I told them i may have a trade in and they never mentioned an additional fee.... We bought 2 2005 vehicles from them and the arrangement was to just pay the one "dealer fee" for both. We have given them over 80000 worth of business and just aggravates me the would ruin the deal with $250 fee. Thanks for the input guys!
Please correct me if I am wrong. If I understand you correctly, you want the dealer to handle all the paperwork on the sale of your car to another individual, but make not a dime on the transaction -- after giving you what appears to be a very good price on the purchase of the new vehicle. On the other hand, all fees and costs should be disclosed by the dealer before any Purchase Order is signed and any deposit is made. Surprises are never good, no matter by which party.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Jim Holloman
Please correct me if I am wrong. If I understand you correctly, you want the dealer to handle all the paperwork on the sale of your car to another individual, but make not a dime on the transaction -- after giving you what appears to be a very good price on the purchase of the new vehicle. On the other hand, all fees and costs should be disclosed by the dealer before any Purchase Order is signed and any deposit is made. Surprises are never good, no matter by which party.

You pretty much hit it on the nose, I can see your point... this was definitely not a surprise to them though...they are making money on the both vehicles and like i said we agreed to just pay one 250$ fee on processing both vehicles....
Thanks for giving me another perspective on it.