My Acura TSX was just broken into in SF

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006 | 12:49 PM
5th Gear

My Acura TSX was just broken into in SF

My friends and I came out of a club last night in San Francisco, to find out that my car had been broken into. The thing is that were were no signs of forced entry. I think that they had to use some sort of master key. The bastards got my $3 in change, my reading glasses, watch, my girlfriends makeup, my radar detector, phone, friends purse. The idiots managed to leave my Fastrack, cd's, and golf clubs. Nothing like feeling violated after a good weekend with some friends. God damn bums and crackheads
Old 07-23-2006 | 12:55 PM
無限 本田 CL9

sorry to hear that.. im from the bay area as well... which club were you at and where did you park?
Old 07-23-2006 | 12:58 PM
5th Gear

I was at DNA Lounge on 11th St., but I was parked a few blocks away, right across from a well lit parking lot (Best Buy).
Old 07-23-2006 | 12:58 PM
Instructor

I know the feeling, I had my car broken into, in NYC and they took the time to remove my killer stereo with tools as not to damage it or the amps to power it. Then they took everything that wasn't attached, including the floor mats and owners manual.. Go firgure
Old 07-23-2006 | 01:00 PM
無限 本田 CL9

ahhh... an asian brother im assuming (lol jk) but yea when I hit up DNA lounge I usually park around the same area... I went to NV last night and some theives tried to steal my wheels (scratches on my wheel locks and lug nutz) like you've said damn SF crackheads and bums
Old 07-23-2006 | 01:13 PM
Pink Domo

Ugh...I'm sorry to hear that too! I'm not a fan of that area even during the day.
Old 07-23-2006 | 01:32 PM
no0bIe

F&*$ thieves...
Old 07-23-2006 | 01:36 PM
smn
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stevie B
I know the feeling, I had my car broken into, in NYC and they took the time to remove my killer stereo with tools as not to damage it or the amps to power it. Then they took everything that wasn't attached, including the floor mats and owners manual.. Go firgure
sorry to hear that stevie, which part of nyc did you park in?
Old 07-23-2006 | 02:12 PM
Racer

Personally this is why I take Bart or have someone else drive me to Frisco . . . but then again it's mainly cuz I don't want to drive in that mess they call a city(packed streets, weird street layouts, crazy drivers, easy to get lost . . . well I get easily lost) . . . that and parking rates are ridiculous . . . but yeah that sucks that douschebags are out there jacking people's stuff
Old 07-23-2006 | 06:05 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

did you lock your stuff in the glove compartment?
Old 07-23-2006 | 08:18 PM
Burning Brakes

It all goes back to easy these thieves and crack heads get off if they get caught. Cut their damn hands off, that will send a signal to other thieves.
Old 07-23-2006 | 08:41 PM
Time to Climb

let's just be glad your car wasn't stolen! my tsx was stolen, missing, and wound back up at my apt ... with an empty gas tank and plenty of bumps and bruises.
Old 07-23-2006 | 10:25 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by xizor
did you lock your stuff in the glove compartment?
don't think so...

that's what i always do... my trunk locks are disabled all around, and if i ever am gonna leave anything even remotely valuable in my car it gets locked in the glove compartment..

if they break in they can steal my change and sunglasses that's about it... maybe some receipts
Old 07-23-2006 | 10:51 PM
Undercover Slacker

Originally Posted by godfather2
let's just be glad your car wasn't stolen! my tsx was stolen, missing, and wound back up at my apt ... with an empty gas tank and plenty of bumps and bruises.
what happened?
Old 07-23-2006 | 11:01 PM
7th Gear

Hey..same thing happened to my TSX about a month ago. TSX got broken into with no signs of a forced entry. I did notice some scratches around the drivers key hole the next day though. This is how they got in I bet
Old 07-23-2006 | 11:08 PM
my acura sanctuary

sorry to hear that kbscholar....I park around there too. what time does the costco lot close?

ALL....We have a TRUNK LOCK: That slotted round silver thing on the floor rearward of the gas door/Trunk release is a lock for that latch. Throw yer stuff in the trunk and lock the release (it disables the release) Sure they can override it but it will slow them down a great deal.

I've had my other cars broken into in SF, but I think it was usually my fault....accidentally hitting the remote unlock when I am putting my keys in jacket/bag/backpack--leaving it open for the thieves. I heard that master key thing is an urban legend. even mentioned on azine on another bay area break-in thread.

try the trunk and lock it.
Old 07-24-2006 | 07:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by subdued
I've had my other cars broken into in SF, but I think it was usually my fault....accidentally hitting the remote unlock when I am putting my keys in jacket/bag/backpack--leaving it open for the thieves.
It's not your fault they are theives. If they were honest, you wouldn't need to lock your car. Don't blame yourself for their actions. If I found your car unlocked, I would have left it alone.
Old 07-24-2006 | 08:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by subdued
I've had my other cars broken into in SF, but I think it was usually my fault....accidentally hitting the remote unlock when I am putting my keys in jacket/bag/backpack--leaving it open for the thieves.
I thought all car alarm systems will self lock the doors if they are not open within certain amount of time after hitting the unlock button on the remote. The stock TSX security system does.
Old 07-24-2006 | 12:06 PM

Just when I thought the TSX was "inpenatrable" , I hear stories like this....sorry to hear that man.

I guess if theives really want it, they'll find a way to take it...
Old 07-24-2006 | 12:31 PM
Racer

Lesson of the day: Don't keep anything visible from the outside in your car, ESPECIALLY when driving into the city for the night.
Old 07-24-2006 | 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

I've parked near that area before and it is pretty hoodie out there. About that whole master key thing though, I don't about that. They just might be really good thieves. I remember there was another thread about this ver similar situation not that long ago on the forum and it was also from San Francisco. There is a reason I hate driving to the city.
Old 07-24-2006 | 07:57 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by tsturbo
It all goes back to easy these thieves and crack heads get off if they get caught. Cut their damn hands off, that will send a signal to other thieves.
LOL! Yes it will, but you have to watch that kind of talk around these parts. All the libs will get their panties in a bunch!

Are you sure you live in WA?
Old 07-24-2006 | 08:02 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda
Just when I thought the TSX was "inpenatrable" , I hear stories like this....sorry to hear that man.

I guess if theives really want it, they'll find a way to take it...
I don't know why you'd think that. It's a car like any other. If you leave valuables in plain sight, you risk having it broken into. The TSX ain't no tank.

To the OP, sorry to hear about that, but at least they left your sticks Not the brightest thieves, were they? Took your GF's makeup, but left your golf clubs and CD's. Good for you, for them.
Old 07-25-2006 | 12:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by waTSX
LOL! Yes it will, but you have to watch that kind of talk around these parts. All the libs will get their panties in a bunch!

Are you sure you live in WA?
Sometimes I wish I didn't live in this communist commune of liberal nausia they call WA state.
Old 07-25-2006 | 12:28 AM
10th Gear

Unhappy

Originally Posted by godfather2
How did that happen I thought the only way to steal this car was with a tow truck b/c of the imoblizer These posts scare me sometimes.....
Old 07-25-2006 | 12:30 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by tsturbo
Sometimes I wish I didn't live in this communist commune of liberal nausia they call WA state.
I hear ya. Sure cure for that is getting outdoors and enjoying all the state has to offer in that regard. At least while you're out there you can forget all the other crap.
Old 07-25-2006 | 02:10 AM
Got Phó?

Originally Posted by waTSX
I hear ya. Sure cure for that is getting outdoors and enjoying all the state has to offer in that regard. At least while you're out there you can forget all the other crap.
Enjoy the outdoor....man, someone got shoot up when they were hiking. We live in a krazy world.
Old 07-25-2006 | 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by smn
which part of nyc did you park in?
nyc
Old 07-25-2006 | 09:59 AM
5th Gear

Well, the thing is, there was nothing visible in sight. Everything was either under the front seats or, in a compartment. Plus, I have 20% tint on all off my windows, so you cannot see in at night. Oh well, at least nobody was shot.

KB
Old 07-25-2006 | 07:22 PM
STi'd

Sorry to hear that. I was just in SF for a wedding and we ate dinner one night at Luna Park which was in a slightly shady area. Definitely not somewhere I'd want to park my TSX!
Old 07-25-2006 | 07:56 PM
Instructor

I'm sorry to hear about this. I had this happen to me in LA. Some monkey threw a big rock through the window and ripped everything they can. GPS, change, chargers, etc.

Later I called my friend in LA and he called me a dumbass for leaving a GPS in my car in LA. apparently homeless people would break into your car for a quarter.
Old 09-26-2006 | 03:54 PM
TSX Owner

Ugh, I sympathize. My passenger side window was broken into a few months ago outside my house, and they *ripped open* my glove box and center console taking <$5 in coins and my tire pressure gauge. I have a difficult time understanding why anyone would risk jail time and a criminal record for a handful of coins that wouldn't even pay for a Starbucks latte.
Old 09-26-2006 | 04:02 PM
Team Owner

Thieves stay away from my car. I keep my tray open, and only put pennies in my "Not an Ashtray" tray, and know it's not worth their time.
Old 09-27-2006 | 02:21 AM
Racer

Ah..sorry to hear about all these stories of people getting jacked. =T

I also hear that if you ever get any work done in your car (expensive stuff like...engine swap, or tricked out stereo, indash DVD players and etc) to never..NEVER give your address to the garage you're working at unless they are extremely reputable (even tho youre still taking a risk). This one guy at ClubRSX did that and..what do you know, he wakes up to find his car missing because a week prior he had a K20A swap. Go figure..
Old 09-27-2006 | 03:13 AM
Instructor

damn...at least they didn't break your windows....guess that's the bright side of looking at it
Old 09-27-2006 | 10:08 AM
Advanced

I will never again lock my glovebox, the one time I did they broke into my car, (a long time ago, not TSX) and f'ed up the dashboard gaining entry to the glovebox, cost an extra $600. That night they actually pulled the lock right out of my door.
Old 09-27-2006 | 11:01 AM
Let me help you!

Originally Posted by Iakonafuji
I also hear that if you ever get any work done in your car (expensive stuff like...engine swap, or tricked out stereo, indash DVD players and etc) to never..NEVER give your address to the garage you're working at unless they are extremely reputable (even tho youre still taking a risk). This one guy at ClubRSX did that and..what do you know, he wakes up to find his car missing because a week prior he had a K20A swap. Go figure..
I agree. When I had a stereo installed in my accord, I was about to head out when the guy asked for my home address and stuff for warranty purposes. I went back a couple of times to complain that the stereo was loose and not locked down (it drooped down, and had alot of wiggle space). After they finally fixed it correctly...my car was broken into and stripped (when there was heavy rains...my car was in a car port, and the rain was very loud so no one could hear an alarm). They knew what to take, and how to disable my car (I guess when they worked on my car, they noted the wires that led to my alarm's siren).

While my car was at a repair shop, the police came to ask questions...apparently other customers who bought stereos at the same place had been jacked as well. Now I use my parent's address for that kind of stuff...they can drive by and look for the car, but they'll never see it =P