MDX Body Side Molding on a TSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MDX Body Side Molding on a TSX

I saw my second TSX (not in a dealers lot) in a grocery parking lot and got to talk to the owner for a little while. He had a red 6 speed non-nav and had the MDX body side molding painted and installed. It looked really good and didn't mess up the lines of his car. Someone else here had gotten the Accord body side molding but I remember it was a real pain for him to install without drilling holes for the mounting brackets. The MDX kit is a peel and stick application, so it would be much easier. Since it isn't offered in our colors and it would have to be painted, would a ding chip the paint on it ? Has anyone else tried this?
Old 09-08-2003, 10:20 PM
Racer

woah, this is the first time i've heard of this. i need to see some pix of this. as for the body kit for the TSX, it uses a combination of adhesive and clips/bolts too. I'm not sure if acura makes any kits that just stick on??? But man, i wish you had a digi cam with you
Old 09-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Instructor

Re: MDX Body Side Molding on a TSX

Originally posted by Bear Trap
I saw my second TSX (not in a dealers lot) in a grocery parking lot and got to talk to the owner for a little while. He had a red 6 speed non-nav and had the MDX body side molding painted and installed. It looked really good and didn't mess up the lines of his car. Someone else here had gotten the Accord body side molding but I remember it was a real pain for him to install without drilling holes for the mounting brackets. The MDX kit is a peel and stick application, so it would be much easier. Since it isn't offered in our colors and it would have to be painted, would a ding chip the paint on it ? Has anyone else tried this?
I have been wondering about this for a while, they sell tham here
http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Mercha...gory_Code=AMDX

I wonder how close the white is to the tsx white
Old 09-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Racer

Originally posted by tehCOW
woah, this is the first time i've heard of this. i need to see some pix of this. as for the body kit for the TSX, it uses a combination of adhesive and clips/bolts too. I'm not sure if acura makes any kits that just stick on??? But man, i wish you had a digi cam with you
I think you misunderstood. This is not the body kit, but the body side molding (keeps other car doors from dinging your doors).
Old 09-08-2003, 10:31 PM
Racer

Re: Re: MDX Body Side Molding on a TSX

Originally posted by bheywow
I wonder how close the white is to the tsx white
The Taffeta White is not a true white, (I had it on my Integra) but neither is the TSX Premium White. They may not be far off side by side.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Racer

yeah i misunderstood :o

hmm, side molding might be nice
Old 09-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Racer

Originally posted by tehCOW
yeah i misunderstood :o

hmm, side molding might be nice
EDIT: http://www.pbase.com/tsxcow I tried photochoping the Side Molding onto the TSX... click on "In Box"
Old 09-08-2003, 11:34 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has been posted before..but here it is again...

Accord side mouldings on a TSX

The MDX mouldings sound like they would be alot easier...but it would be nice to see exatly how they look. But you can't beat the look of NO side mouldings...yum.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Wow, I had forgotten about that thread. Although I think the car looks better without the side body moldings, I would like them on my TSX.

The Good News is that in Europe (Honda Germany) they show the side molding option for the Accord. It _must_ fit the TSX since the body is the same. I posted a message on this a while back. I could more easily live with moldings rather than dings in the sheet metal.

Have a look at the Euro-Accord's moldings at this thread (along with many other accessories). Scroll down to my posting edited on 5 August 03:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...da+Deutschland
Old 09-08-2003, 11:48 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's a good idea, I should put some side mouldings on my car, save myself from ding trouble.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:16 AM
Racer

meh, my photochop is bad. i jacked this pix from Brad's link for all those too lazy to click on the link to see.. heh

Old 09-09-2003, 12:26 AM
Burning Brakes

The next question is from whom can we order such moldings?

I visited Honda's UK Web site, but I found it so poorly organized that I could not locate their accessories. One would think that they offered the same...

Aye! I can't order my moldings yet anyway, since I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for my TSX to arrive much later this year.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Cruisin'

OK, we've heard about the MDX mouldings, saw pictures of the Accord side mouldings and a cut & paste of the TSX mouldings. Does anybody have pics of actual TSX mouldings installed to show and how much drilling is required for the TSX OEM mouldings? I'm about ready to have mine installed and starting to think otherwise. ($70 + inst'l)
Old 09-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Racer

Originally posted by toto too
OK, we've heard about the MDX mouldings, saw pictures of the Accord side mouldings and a cut & paste of the TSX mouldings. Does anybody have pics of actual TSX mouldings installed to show and how much drilling is required for the TSX OEM mouldings? I'm about ready to have mine installed and starting to think otherwise. ($70 + inst'l)
I haven't seen any TSX OEM moldings. Maybe you are thinking of the side skirts in the body kit? Where did you get them from?
Old 09-09-2003, 11:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by toto too
Does anybody have pics of actual TSX mouldings installed to show and how much drilling is required for the TSX OEM mouldings? I'm about ready to have mine installed and starting to think otherwise. ($70 + inst'l)
What TSX OEM moldings (or is it mouldings?) do you refer to? Acura hasn't listed any for the TSX. That's why a went a-searching at overseas Honda Web sites.