Mazda's TSX Eater is comming :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Top notch 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NightShredder
That is a pretty silly quote. I would have still gotten a TSX over a TL if they were given at the same price. I am sure that many people on this board would agree with me that the TSX is a way different car than the TL which is kind of a boat.
Indeed there have been threads asking exactly that... TSX or TL if $ were not an issue or if they were same price. My answer has been same as yours, I would have still gone for the TSX. For me, I like the high-revving I4 over V6... that's just what ticks for me
Old 07-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Rekinyze
"All im saying is that the TSX looks like something a house-wife would drive. Oh and guess who drives our TSX...my wife."

thats about a car.

"My actually looked at both the 6 and TSX and my wife preferred the more simple design of the TSX"

thats about a car.

"If it had been up to me (which in a marrage its never up to the man) I would have taken the 6 becuase the looks of it are fer more sporty and appealing."

thats about a car.

"But, since she wanted the acura..I had to fork up the extra $$$ to pay for the badge..."

Thats about a car.
You mentioned your wife on each of these points....this is truly more about your relationship with your wife. If you can't discuss one the bigger investments in your life and can't sway her to an 'obvious' value as the Mazda 6, and the fact that you bought a 'glorified honda' causes such dissonance that you must come and denounce something YOU signed off on, then seek help in off-topic, seek out a financial advisor, or talk to a marriage counselor.

Remember, marriage is a partnership....its never just up to one person, but the both of you, financially, spiritually, etc.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
Indeed there have been threads asking exactly that... TSX or TL if $ were not an issue or if they were same price. My answer has been same as yours, I would have still gone for the TSX. For me, I like the high-revving I4 over V6... that's just what ticks for me
To each their own, right? I guess Rekinyze likes Fords better than Hondas.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i would've really liked it if i was able to test drive the mazda6 v6 5mt while i was shopping for a car, but it was like the sales rep didn't really need the commission at the time i was in their showroom.

maybe some other time i'll swing by a mazda dealership and go for a test run. looks fun to drive though...
Old 07-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Burning Brakes

That is a pretty silly quote. I would have still gotten a TSX over a TL if they were given at the same price. I am sure that many people on this board would agree with me that the TSX is a way different car than the TL which is kind of a boat.

BTW...doesn't the Mazda have an engine that comes from Ford? If that is true there is no sense in discussing if it is a TSX eater or not.
me too. There is not many car in the market that is 4 dr + reliable + Not made in N.A. + manual available. I will go for Mazda 3 over Mazda 6, TL, C-class, A4, E46, Volvo, Saab. I will only consider G35, IS250, RX-8 and TSX.

BTW, I think MazdaSpeed 6 will have a Mazda build 2.3L TwinTurbo engine instead of the POS Ford V6 and It will 100% made in Japan. From my exprience with Mazda, they use very high quality parts. But Toyota can use shitty parts and still build a car way more reliable than Mazda.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ianS
me too. There is not many car in the market that is 4 dr + reliable + Not made in N.A. + manual available. I will go for Mazda 3 over Mazda 6, TL, C-class, A4, E46, Volvo, Saab. I will only consider G35, IS250, RX-8 and TSX.

BTW, I think MazdaSpeed 6 will have a Mazda build 2.3L TwinTurbo engine instead of the POS Ford V6 and It will 100% made in Japan. From my exprience with Mazda, they use very high quality parts. But Toyota can use shitty parts and still build a car way more reliable than Mazda.
My mistake, at least they are using good judgement and losing the POS Ford V6. My brother owned a Mazda for a short while and although it is a pretty good car I would not compare them to the 300,000 mile engines that Toyota and Honda use.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
TSX is for people who want a TL but can't afford it. I think thats very obvious. All Acura is is a glorified Honda....=\
NOTE TO MODS: I nominate Rekinyze's post (above) to the stupid quote Hall of Fame forum, in the event one is created.

That's the most ludicrous statement (s) I've seen read on Acurazine since 1sicklex was banned.

Let's run the gamut, since this stupidity was brought up:

Cadillac is a glorified Buick, Infiniti is a glorified Nissan, Lexus is a glorified Toyota, Maybach is a glorified MB, Audi is a glorified VW, etc,...

Sidenotes: very few upscale brands have Acura's success when it comes to fielding a competent 4 cylinder sports sedan like the TSX. Seeing the TSX as a TL-lite is not necessarily a bad thing as the TL is a terrific car. But, labeling TSX owners as 'TL owner wannabes' is silly and unsubstantiated.

Now that this is out of the way, let's focus on the topic thread. :shakehead

The MS6 should definitely be a good can of whoop@$$ that will compete well with the likes of the L2.5GT and Alti SE-R. The Mazda6 in general (like the Legacy) is a nice car but lacks the upscale feel of the TSX. But it would be neat if Honda could extract another 20hp and 10lb-ft out of its K24 motor.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by F23A4

The MS6 should definitely be a good can of whoop@$$ that will compete well with the likes of the L2.5GT and Alti SE-R. The Mazda6 in general (like the Legacy) is a nice car but lacks the upscale feel of the TSX. But it would be neat if Honda could extract another 20hp and 10lb-ft out of its K24 motor.
I've been trying to steer this thread back on track Thanks for the help guys!

I am sure Honda/Acura can extract more ommph out of our K24 motor. Competition is a very good thing indeed.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by F23A4
NOTE TO MODS: I nominate Rekinyze's post (above) to the stupid quote Hall of Fame forum, in the event one is created.

That's the most ludicrous statement (s) I've seen read on Acurazine since 1sicklex was banned.

Let's run the gamut, since this stupidity was brought up:

Cadillac is a glorified Buick, Infiniti is a glorified Nissan, Lexus is a glorified Toyota, Maybach is a glorified MB, Audi is a glorified VW, etc,...

Sidenotes: very few upscale brands have Acura's success when it comes to fielding a competent 4 cylinder sports sedan like the TSX. Seeing the TSX as a TL-lite is not necessarily a bad thing as the TL is a terrific car. But, labeling TSX owners as 'TL owner wannabes' is silly and unsubstantiated.

I second your motion. Mazdas seem like decent cars and all but with the relability of honda and the refinement of the acura brand i really dont think it is a comparison. The tsx is a sporty car that has some refined luxuries. Very smooth lines and i think is a great car. A mazda is a mazda which The ford fusion is coming out and the fusion is based off of the 6.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Cruisin'

BTW...doesn't the Mazda have an engine that comes from Ford? If that is true there is no sense in discussing if it is a TSX eater or not.

Man o man....you dont even want to come up to the line against a Ford Lightning...that truck would be at the next redlight before you made it into second gear...
Old 07-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Cruisin'

and I am pretty sure that engine is made by ford....
Old 07-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Cruisin'

My mistake, at least they are using good judgement and losing the POS Ford V6. My brother owned a Mazda for a short while and although it is a pretty good car I would not compare them to the 300,000 mile engines that Toyota and Honda use.
its a shame that POS Ford v6 can outrun your TSX...a ncie quality engine that doesnt really go anywhere...

No im going to be honest...both of these engines are rather underpowered....but hey now...you cant bash the Ford engine when you cant even keep up with it
Old 07-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Cruisin'

The sad thing is that your arguments are well...the engine...

Lets not forget that Volvo is also made by Ford....so is Land Rover...so is Aston Martin....and Jag.

I have said several times that the Acura is a very nice car. If I could comfortably afford a TL...believe me I would love to have one...but since I couldnt at the time....I suppose I am a TL wannabe...

You guys are just so damn closed minded that you think your car is God's gift to the sedan class.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:35 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
2-1 Odds he's banned by 5.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Cruisin'

closed-minded people just frustrate me...
Old 07-25-2005, 02:47 PM
tsxy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man o man....you dont even want to come up to the line against a Ford Lightning...that truck would be at the next redlight before you made it into second gear...

you are compaing two totally different kinds of automobiles. :duh:

Stick with a Mazda 6 vs a TSX.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
:colesnotesplease:

How did this become a discussion of why the TSX is a poor man's TL?

Back on topic:
MazdaSpeed 6 speed > TSX
MazdaSpeed 6 price > TSX
MazdaSpeed 6 quality < TSX
Old 07-25-2005, 02:49 PM
tsxy

Lets not forget that Volvo is also made by Ford....so is Land Rover...so is Aston Martin....and Jag.

I have said several times that the Acura is a very nice car. If I could comfortably afford a TL...believe me I would love to have one...but since I couldnt at the time....I suppose I am a TL wannabe...

You guys are just so damn closed minded that you think your car is God's gift to the sedan class.

Land Rover is one of the most unreliable cars in the industry.

Good job Ford!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Most TSX owner understand and I think Honda understand that there are a bunch of car nuts that want refinement over just raw power. If raw power is that important than why Honda not just trim down the TL and sell it at cheaper sticker and not border to import the TSX over! For sure it will be way more cost effective. But I am sure most of us will already driving other brand or try to squeeze our babyseat to a RSX-S.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by dom
2-1 Odds he's banned by 5.
Where do I make my bet??? He reminds me so much of that guy who slapped on a pic of the new hot Mustang in that M5 thread...

I think he's just been too frustrated by his closed-minded wife who insisted on getting an Acura TSX, and decided to take it out on us...

I tried... really I did... to steer this thing back on track... Guys, just stop feeding this troll and continue our fair discussions on cars.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Cruisin'

I wasnt talking about teh Mazdaspeed. I was referring to the Mazda 6s I believe it is.

About the lightning....i was just saying that Ford does make a good engine that can pull like you wouldnt believe. I had an f-150 for a long time. And in no was is the TSX a poor man's TL. The TSX was over 30 large and anyone who can comfortably afford that is plenty well off.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:57 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I wasnt talking about teh Mazdaspeed. I was referring to the Mazda 6s I believe it is.

About the lightning....i was just saying that Ford does make a good engine that can pull like you wouldnt believe. I had an f-150 for a long time. And in no was is the TSX a poor man's TL. The TSX was over 30 large and anyone who can comfortably afford that is plenty well off.
Ford needs FI to make power. Anyone can make power with FI. Even GM can make 500 NA HP. I fail to see anything to be impressed about when it comes to a Ford engine. The new F-150 is a GREAT truck. But fact is its outpowered by every other pickup on the market save the Tundra. And its a new engine.

Actually the Mustangs 300HP 4.6L is somewhat impressive as it runs on regular. But every other Ford engine out there is very unimpressive.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Cruisin'

Engine, Vortec 5300 V8 SFI, (295 HP [219.7 kW] @ 5200 rpm, 335 lb.-ft. [452.3 N-m] @ 4000 rpm) (LM7)

--That is the most powerful engine you can get with a regular fullsize Chevy...(we arent talking about HD here)

5.4L Triton V8, 300 hp and 365 lb.-ft. of torque

--That is the most powerful engine you can get in the Ford (non-HD)

The only truck that out powers it is the Hemi from Dodge...and that thing couldnt even get down to the end of the street without having to fill up again...pfft
Old 07-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
:colesnotesplease:

How did this become a discussion of why the TSX is a poor man's TL?

Back on topic:
MazdaSpeed 6 speed > TSX
MazdaSpeed 6 price > TSX
MazdaSpeed 6 quality < TSX
Might I add that...
MazdaSpeed 6 image < TSX
Old 07-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Cruisin'

yup...the Mazdaspeed 6 is ugly I think....but the 6s looks far superior to the TSX...but not the TL
Old 07-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Top notch 6MT

Engine, Vortec 5300 V8 SFI, (295 HP [219.7 kW] @ 5200 rpm, 335 lb.-ft. [452.3 N-m] @ 4000 rpm) (LM7)

--That is the most powerful engine you can get with a regular fullsize Chevy...(we arent talking about HD here)

5.4L Triton V8, 300 hp and 365 lb.-ft. of torque

--That is the most powerful engine you can get in the Ford (non-HD)

The only truck that out powers it is the Hemi from Dodge...and that thing couldnt even get down to the end of the street without having to fill up again...pfft
Hope this will end this side-tracking TRUCK engines comparison in this thread...
Vortec 5300 (5.3L?)... 295HP/5.3L = 55.66HP/L
Triton... 300HP/5.4L = 55.55HP/L

TSX K24A2... 200HP/2.4L = 83.33HP/L
which is > which???

Oh but wait... torque is more important in TRUCKS... hmm... that pretty much voids that comparison
Old 07-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Top notch 6MT

yup...the Mazdaspeed 6 is ugly I think....but the 6s looks far superior to the TSX...but not the TL
Looks/styling is always subjective... I am glad you have your ranking figured out.

When I said "image" in "MazdaSpeed 6 image < TSX", I meant branding image... sorry for not being more clear up front.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:27 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Are you forgetting about the 305HP/379 lb-ft engine in the Titan?

I stand corrected on the Chevy. But, the GM trucks have been on the market for what 6 years now? and the new Silverado is on its way.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
tsxy

I used to like the 6 BEFORE I saw the TSX.

TSX.

I have people stop me all the time and ask me about it (usually if it is an RSX. morons, lol, doesnt help that its debadged now).

I know Mazda 6 owners dont get asked about their cars as much as I do about mine
Old 07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

.but the 6s looks far superior to the TSX...

In your opinion it does.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Racer

Im surprised his wife hasnt told him to stop bugging tsx guys about buying a car that is by far less superior than his beloved mazada 6. I say we get his wife signed up for this sight.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:10 PM
So, do you like...stuff?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
Hope this will end this side-tracking TRUCK engines comparison in this thread...
Vortec 5300 (5.3L?)... 295HP/5.3L = 55.66HP/L
Triton... 300HP/5.4L = 55.55HP/L

TSX K24A2... 200HP/2.4L = 83.33HP/L
which is > which???

Oh but wait... torque is more important in TRUCKS... hmm... that pretty much voids that comparison
Old 07-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Burning Brakes

closed-minded people just frustrate me...
You must be frustrated every time you look in a mirror then...

You seem to argue that just because a engine is faster it is better. That is a very fallible arguement. Bigger and faster doesn't equate to quality. I look for quality when I spend tens of thousands of dollars. After the leather and non-important gear the heart of a car IS the engine. It is what makes it go after all. It is a known fact that when it comes to reliability Ford<Honda and it is not even close. Besides you act like the Mazda6 is a dragster beating out the TSX. It is fine and dandy that you like the Mazda so much, but don't you think it is pretty sad that the only way you can up-talk the Mazda is by talking shit about the TSX. It reminds me of kids that are insecure about themselves making fun of others at school just so they seem less lame than they really are. That is weak.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Burning Brakes

TSX is for people who want a TL but can't afford it. I think thats very obvious. All Acura is is a glorified Honda....

=\
I call BS on you buddy. Which one is it. It is hard to take your arguments serious when you contradict yourself in a three page thread!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Cruisin'

I call BS on you buddy. Which one is it. It is hard to take your arguments serious when you contradict yourself in a three page thread!
I'm sorry, I fail to see how I contradicted myself.

If you can afford a $30k car, in my opinion...that puts you firmly in the well-off category. That doesnt mean that you can afford the 40k for the TL. However...if you can....then you are just a little more well-off than the rest of us.

I am sure there are people on this forum that would have certainly got the TL if they could have afforded it...but as closed minded as you people are...noone on this forum will admit that...accept me.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Cruisin'

You must be frustrated every time you look in a mirror then...

You seem to argue that just because a engine is faster it is better. That is a very fallible arguement. Bigger and faster doesn't equate to quality. I look for quality when I spend tens of thousands of dollars. After the leather and non-important gear the heart of a car IS the engine. It is what makes it go after all. It is a known fact that when it comes to reliability Ford<Honda and it is not even close. Besides you act like the Mazda6 is a dragster beating out the TSX. It is fine and dandy that you like the Mazda so much, but don't you think it is pretty sad that the only way you can up-talk the Mazda is by talking shit about the TSX. It reminds me of kids that are insecure about themselves making fun of others at school just so they seem less lame than they really are. That is weak.
I think I have said plenty of times on here that Acura is far superior in quality. Why the f@#k do I have to keep repeating that...read up..jesus christ

I have seen 2 maybe 3 people say something about the Mazda that wasnt negative. I dont even own the damn thing and I can talk positive about it. I can also criticize where its due...which is obviously something you guys cant take. I own a f@#king TSX ppl...that doesnt mean I am going to bash everything about another car jsut becuase its a competator.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Thriller

Recognize

The spec's on the M6 look hot. Better value? That's subjective.

Your quote "TSX is for people who want a TL but can't afford it. I think thats very obvious. All Acura is is a glorified Honda...." is wrong because I can afford the TL or the RL. But I always buy value over premium. To me there has to be a fundamental value for my money. I just won't pay for more hp if I expect to use only a fraction of it. The high review ratings, reliability history and touch of sportiness are what I'd paid for. What good is more hp if I never use it??? You know what I mean. I opted for non-navi for the same reason.

TSX = generic?? Aren't all cars generic? They all look the same these days including the M6...look at it again. Its a Mazda for Pete's sake.

Since your wife is not impressed with your car knowledge then I suppose you're trying to convince us of that as you were unsuccessful at home It's cool, we all need a place where we can find some attention.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Photography Nerd

I think I have said plenty of times on here that Acura is far superior in quality. Why the f@#k do I have to keep repeating that...read up..jesus christ

I have seen 2 maybe 3 people say something about the Mazda that wasnt negative. I dont even own the damn thing and I can talk positive about it. I can also criticize where its due...which is obviously something you guys cant take. I own a f@#king TSX ppl...that doesnt mean I am going to bash everything about another car jsut becuase its a competator.
Dude, did you forget your meds today? You need to chill out.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:23 PM
So, do you like...stuff?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just for the record, I can easily afford a TL, but I went with the TSX. Do i have to list my reasons why? I think not, its just preference.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Photography Nerd

I am sure there are people on this forum that would have certainly got the TL if they could have afforded it...but as closed minded as you people are...noone on this forum will admit that...accept me.
We already had that discussion in this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4764

Only 53% of the people here would get the TL if it cost the same as the TSX. There's more to a car than just horespower.

Quick Reply: Mazda's TSX Eater is comming :(