Mazda 6 Recall - amongst others

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 05:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mazda 6 Recall - amongst others

Not trying to start anything, but did you notice that Mazda 6 is being recalled for a brake fluid warning light on 45,600 cars.

HERE is the recall on all the cars including some GM ones.

HERE is a good site for general recalls I found since ALLDATA has issues with Honda/Acura.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:57 AM
My other "car" is a 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard about it. Apparently it's just an issue with the fluid level sensor, and is easy to fix. There have also been reports of the "check engine light" glowing when it shouldn't be, and the ECU has to be re-flashed.

While those things might be annoying inconveniences for Mazda6 owners, they don't sound serious (unlike many of GM's recalls).
Old 08-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Audi Driving Snob

Originally posted by XPLORx4
I've heard about it. Apparently it's just an issue with the fluid level sensor, and is easy to fix. There have also been reports of the "check engine light" glowing when it shouldn't be, and the ECU has to be re-flashed.

While those things might be annoying inconveniences for Mazda6 owners, they don't sound serious (unlike many of GM's recalls).
yeah i've been reading up on mazda6 club and there have definitely been some issues. Some people area ctually complaining of the CELs coming on for the first time after recall.
I have a feeling they would be happy if there only complain was rattles form too much bass
Old 08-06-2003, 12:37 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
at least they recall their cars...

acura gives its dealers confidential technical service bulletins so your car goes unrepaired till it breaks.

good for mazda... fixing a minor problem before it becomes a major nuisance!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:40 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by soopa
at least they recall their cars...

acura gives its dealers confidential technical service bulletins so your car goes unrepaired till it breaks.

good for mazda... fixing a minor problem before it becomes a major nuisance!
^That is so full of BS.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:13 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,079 Likes on 2,696 Posts
I know where soopa is coming from dealing with his tranny. And acura did drop the ball on that whole ordeal.

But for the most part Honda does try and fix things before they become a major problem.

Back when I sold the new CRV came out and a week later Honda sent out momes saying NO ONE caould drive the cars or sell them till replacement parts for a seat belt pretensioner came in and were installed. We as salesmen could not even drive them at the Ride and Drive seminars, just look at them.

It was a bitch because people wanted to drive these cars before they bought them. But it also made a great selling point of how honda wanted to keep people safe in their product.

So, long story short Honda/Acura arent bad all the time. I know its hard sometimes, but you do have to try and see things from both sides of the fence even when dealing with a bad experience.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Possessed with my Schemes

When I bought my tsx, the finance manager told me it was a good idea to have service done at Acura because if there were any minor issues that they don't tell the public about, they would be fixed then. It was part of the four year option where you pay and they will change your oil every 5k miles, and apparently fix other things too.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:46 PM
anti-dentite bastard

Originally posted by Ozzman
When I bought my tsx, the finance manager told me it was a good idea to have service done at Acura because if there were any minor issues that they don't tell the public about, they would be fixed then...
I'm not in the car business, so maybe this is common practice, but that sure sounds like a pretty shady/irresponsible/dangerous plan by acura to get more people to pay for their extended coverage plan. Is it common to have problems that occur enough that the company takes the time to notify all of its dealers to look out for them/fix them, and yet keep it completely secret from the public?
Old 08-07-2003, 12:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I brought my car in to the dealer tonight for an oil change, and also asked him to replace one of the windshield wipers. He did, under warranty! There you go - a "secret" warranty program. I call it taking care of customers. Acura is neither shady nor irresponsible nor dangerous. Isn't it past your bedtime?
Old 08-07-2003, 08:12 AM
anti-dentite bastard

Originally posted by Iceman
I brought my car in to the dealer tonight for an oil change, and also asked him to replace one of the windshield wipers. He did, under warranty! There you go - a "secret" warranty program. I call it taking care of customers. Acura is neither shady nor irresponsible nor dangerous. Isn't it past your bedtime?
Huh? What's up with the unwarranted personal attack? I was genuinely curious about the nature of these "secret" fixes that the previous poster mentioned, and was asking if it is commonplace. In my opinion, it sounded shady that the dealer would talk about "secret" problems that only they would know about - especially since he mentioned that he would have to pay for the extra coverage for this, implying it would not be covered under the standard warranty. This has nothing to do with windshield wiper being replaced under warranty - you're right, that is good customer service, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about. I find your little bedtime remark puzzling though - it implies that you are a grumpy old man, because you obviously assume everyone is so much younger than you that you feel the need to act like a father figure, and yet at the same time it is such an immature remark, it shows the maturity of third grader. What have I ever done to you, old man?
Old 08-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Racer

- you're right, that is good customer service, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about. I find your little bedtime remark puzzling though - it implies that you are a grumpy old man, because you obviously assume everyone is so much younger than you that you feel the need to act like a father figure, and yet at the same time it is such an immature remark, it shows the maturity of third grader. What have I ever done to you, old man?
Ooops, Wishi you found yourself in one of those "say something negative about Acura, then suffer the dire consecquences" type.

You know what, I don't care who the dealer is, a statement like "secret" fixes is real bad one and can lead one to believe that either Acura or this particular dealer wants to "keep something under the table".

In all, I think the guy was just shooting off his mouth and probably didn't even realize what he was saying. The other theory could be that he was giving the "sales pitch" just to get you for service at his shop. Now that I think of it, probably it's choice B.

Cheers!
Old 08-07-2003, 08:56 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
cmon guys get serious. i may be TOO harsh... but thats how H/A operates.

if your gonna talk shit about another company for PUBLICALLY ANNOUNCING a MINOR problem then you have no place.

H/A cars have PLENTY of problems that fall into this same category and some that are far worse... but they dont RECALL their cars or make their TSB's publically accessible.

for instance... my emergency brake light is BROKEN on my CL right now. it happens to ALOT of CL's... nothing major... but no better then the problem these Mazda's have... but Acura doesnt admit to it. Sure theyll fix it. But not until you know you have a problem. heh

on a grander scale....... what about this whole faulty tranny fiasco? :sqnteek:

now all im saying is... because a car like this Mazda has this extremely BASIC recall does not mean it has any more problems then our cars. It just means the manfacturer is addressing it in a more aggressive way and i give them a for that.

audi operates in this manner.... all of their cars have recall lists a mile long... full of recalls for similar stupid lil annoying problems that my car has as well. only difference being i dont get my problems fixed on regular service intervals because i dont know about them until they happen to me.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Racer

similar stupid lil annoying problems
Like an ashtray not sliding out properly?
Old 08-07-2003, 11:16 AM
My other "car" is a 4x4

Originally posted by 93Kewl
Like an ashtray not sliding out properly?
Or how about a "Not an Ashtray" not sliding out properly?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:51 PM

http://www.petitiononline.com/acura/petition.html