Mazda 3 sedan "s" v. TSX

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Tuxedo Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this is not as weird a question as some here make it out to be. I recently found myself making the same choice.

You're all correct, it's not an apples-to-apples comp, and the cars aren't really in the same class. To me it was really a choice between the best-of-breed in the small luxury sedan category (TSX) vs. the best-of-breed small utility car (Mazda 3s hatchback). Neither car was a perfect match for my needs, and there are still some regrets at times. I'm sure I'd feel the same way if I had made the other choice.

As I said before, I really wish they made a TSXed version of the Euro Accord sport wagon. Competition for the A4, IS300 and others...
Old 10-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speaking of sport wagons, I think Subaru is worth checking out.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

i've ignored this thread b/c i thought to myself - how could you compare a tsx to a mazda 3?

they are two completely different classes.

if you like the looks of both it's one thing - if you want to save money the mazda is [ duh ] alot cheaper.

weird weird thread.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Baka Unco

Originally Posted by dzuy
i've ignored this thread b/c i thought to myself - how could you compare a tsx to a mazda 3?

if you like the looks of both it's one thing - if you want to save money the mazda is [ duh ] alot cheaper.

weird weird thread.
Sometimes you start looking at one thing then start changing your mind once you see what's out there.

I find myself in this dilemna all the time, trying to decide what I should get financially and what I want to get. One is better for me money-wise and one will make me happier. It's not always an easy choice if you look at it from that angle.

I mean when me and the fiance started looking at cars we started thinking we'd get a Corolla S, but ended up getting a TSX. Just like this, they aren't even in the same class.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by corbs
Sometimes you start looking at one thing then start changing your mind once you see what's out there.

I find myself in this dilemna all the time, trying to decide what I should get financially and what I want to get. One is better for me money-wise and one will make me happier. It's not always an easy choice if you look at it from that angle.

I mean when me and the fiance started looking at cars we started thinking we'd get a Corolla S, but ended up getting a TSX. Just like this, they aren't even in the same class.
well personally, i created a budget BEFORE i went shopping for car, and i decided what i want in a car and how much i was willing to spend.

a vague question such as "which car should i get" is too open ended and it's impossible to come up with a reasonable answer. esp, in a tsx forum, the opinion will be biased on which car is better.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Baka Unco

well personally, i created a budget BEFORE i went shopping for car, and i decided what i want in a car and how much i was willing to spend.

a vague question such as "which car should i get" is too open ended and it's impossible to come up with a reasonable answer. esp, in a tsx forum, the opinion will be biased on which car is better.
I too created a budge BEFORE I went shopping and the TSX was within that budget but near the outer edge, and the corolla was at the other edge.

I agree about the "which car should i get" is too open ended, but I also think that it's brought up some decent discussion. Several TSX owners have suggest the 3, and who knows maybe people on a "3" forum might suggest a TSX, but at least he'll get some opinions (some valuable and some not), which is what I think he's looking for.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:33 PM
UK Spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In Japan
Mazda Atenza, Honda Accord, Toyota Altezza

Here
Mazda 6, Honda Accord, Nissan Maxima, Toyota Camery

Acura TSX, BMW 320, MB 230K, Volvo S40
Old 10-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NeoChaser
Acura TSX, BMW 320, MB 230K, Volvo S40

Mazda 3, Acura TSX, IS300, G35, BMW 330i (at least made in Japan & Germany not US, mexico or south africa )

MB, Volvo, Saab... forget it!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Ever notice that everyone's opinion is right??
Old 10-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Instructor

weird weird thread.

Well well well.

The reason i compared these two cars is 'cuz they're both similar performance wise, and their handling capabilities are great as well. Now it all came down to whether i wanna spend $10,000 (Cdn.) on the features/amenities that TSX offers, or if i wanna save that money and buy the Mazda, which i felt was very very cheap, and i wasn't really satisfied with its quality.

Lo and behold, my brother decided to chip in for the car (he knew i really wanted the TSX and couldn't quite afford it), and here i am with the TSX!