Look at what the LEXUS people are saying about the ACURA brand!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 03:02 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Did you bother reading the tiltle of this thread before you decided to click on it and begin reading. Here's a refesher, its Lexus owners talking about the state of Acura. Wheather or not Acura is luxury and whats wrong with the brand. The argument has since developed into what is and is'nt luxury.

So now we should stop having this duscussion because YOU say its a waste of time and won't get us anywhere? Well I agree with that point but so what? Its a internet forum where arguing about opinions is done every day. If you don't wish to take part in the converstion then don't type anything.

I'm not sure wheather or not your post about insecurity was aimed at me, but I can assure you and so can alot of other people around here that could give a rats ass about what the TSX is or is'nt. If you read my previous posts you would have seen they had nothing to do with wheather Acura was luxury, but instead what should be considered luxury.

So thanks for the tip but mind your own business.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:06 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by phile
Don't you find it ironic that you're lecturing to us about the insignificance of this thread, and that we shouldn't care, meanwhile you obviously care enough about it to tell us it doesn't matter...at least twice now? If you don't want to contribute to what you think is a worthless argument to begin with....then don't. It's as simple as that. Perhaps we are wasting our time...what's it to you?

I'm sorry peel but I can't stand when people do exactly what phile is describing. He's 100% right, stay out or contribute something positive.

Did I look like an idiot calling Gilbo an idoit and nimrod among other things? Yes, but its Gilbo I could'nt control myself.

Your right, this a may lead nowhere but so what, all theese threads never do. Its a web forum not a job.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally posted by the_peel
Now now. No need to get defensive. If you feel the need to, by all means, continue on with the thread. Let's see if it actually leads anywhere.
I am getting defensive because I think it was extremely tacky of you to come in here and talk to us like a bunch of kids. I mean, look at the title of the thread...honestly, what did you expect it to be about? Of course I know everyone has his own opinion. You have your own opinion about this thread...why didn't you keep to yourself, like you advised us? Did you think you were going to change our opinions, like you advised us how we couldn't change other people's opinions?

Sorry dude, you're a hypocrite.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:18 PM
More On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he did have a point, in the midst of all the haze (note the clever little play on words Not too great but I try ) -- i.e. that with brands like this, it's not just one brand being "better" than another, but which brand someone prefers or which particular cars someone prefers, and it's the different-strokes thing. At least that's what I see in it, and it's right. The post didn't bother me because I didn't see anything beyond that -- yes, some ranting emotion and intensity, but wtf, it's not like he's running for President.

Eeeeeeeeeeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 03:27 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Larch, he did have a good point, no argument there but the fact that he wasted his time to come in here type a long post calling people insecure about their purchase is plain BS. He tells us we're wasting time and this won't get us anywhere, again I agree. But WTF is the big deal, I'll say it again this is an internet forum where its commonplace for arguments to occur. He's no the only one to have done it nor will ne be the last. But I can't stand when people jump into threads to tell people how childish and insecure they're being when they should have just minded their business.

I'm here constantly, but I don't feel the need to jump into useless repetitive threads and tell people they should stop because its a waste of time. The hole site is a waste of time 90% of the time. But I still choose to come here and waste it.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:36 PM
More On

Dom, you forgot .....>
Old 01-22-2004, 03:39 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by larchmont
Dom, you forgot .....>
No I did'nt. I may have forgotten the or
Old 01-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Audi Driving Snob

watch out domn is going to sick the devil-dog on everyone
Old 01-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Advanced

I am getting defensive because I think it was extremely tacky of you to come in here and talk to us like a bunch of kids. I mean, look at the title of the thread...honestly, what did you expect it to be about? Of course I know everyone has his own opinion. You have your own opinion about this thread...why didn't you keep to yourself, like you advised us? Did you think you were going to change our opinions, like you advised us how we couldn't change other people's opinions?

Sorry dude, you're a hypocrite.
I'm really not sure where you got the whole "talking to us like a bunch of kids" deal.

I think I've made my point, albeit sounding a bit hypocritical (such a cliche though; I'll be willing to bet we were all hypocrites at one time or another). Sounds like we have a general agreement that this thread is fruitless, although we still prefer to smack our heads against it!

Enough out of me. Let the sh!t flinging continue!
Old 01-22-2004, 03:47 PM
More On

.....although we can get hung up on that word "luxury" and be thinking that it's something that we'd want, I don't think it's what most people here are really interested in.....Isn't it "drivers' cars" that we're most interested in?

What would more people here want to drive, an RSX or a Cadillac deVille?....
Lest this brilliant question get lost in the shuffle I thought I'd bring it back.

Am I right about this? "Luxury car" vs. "Driver's car"? And I think the RSX/deVille match-up is a good test of it.

I think most people here would a helluva lot rather drive an RSX. And that would show we don't REALLY give much of a rat's ass about "luxury," even though the word sounds good.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:49 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by TinkySD
watch out domn is going to sick the devil-dog on everyone
I'm going to sick him on you if you don't get rid of that godforsaken avatar.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Pinky all stinky

I think he did have a point, in the midst of all the haze (note the clever little play on words Not too great but I try ) -- i.e. that with brands like this, it's not just one brand being "better" than another, but which brand someone prefers or which particular cars someone prefers, and it's the different-strokes thing. At least that's what I see in it, and it's right. The post didn't bother me because I didn't see anything beyond that -- yes, some ranting emotion and intensity, but wtf, it's not like he's running for President.

Eeeeeeeeeeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh larch, always trying to see the good in everything. Sweet sweet larch...Yes, he did have a point. But it was hypocritical that he would point it out when he himself could benefit from his own advice. I could've turned his argument around and told him that he's wasting his time because he's not going to convince us to stop posting here (actually, I think I did do that...). And I may have a point...so what? What did I contribute to the forum? Who didn't already know that?

That's all I'm saying. Like domn, it irritates me when people do that. I think it was on that list of forum pet peeves, where someone comes in and points out to everyone that for the past 600 posts they've been wasting their time because it's useless to argue about X and Y.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:54 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Lest this brilliant question get lost in the shuffle I thought I'd bring it back.

Am I right about this? "Luxury car" vs. "Driver's car"? And I think the RSX/deVille match-up is a good test of it.

I think most people here would a helluva lot rather drive an RSX. And that would show we don't REALLY give much of a rat's ass about "luxury," even though the word sounds good.
I wanted an Accord, with a nice rear end, so thats what I think of luxury. We've talked about how we wish Acura would have offered a TSX sans Leather, sunroof, Xeons, 360W Stereo, SS, etc. I could have lived without all those things. I'm in a TSX because its a Honda and because its exterior and interior and gorgeous IMO. It has nothing to do with luxury, although I do still think the TSX is an "Entry-level" luxury car even if its a "Tarted up Accord". I can't remember how many people I used to tell that my "new TSX" is just a Euro Accord, there's no shame in driving a Honda.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally posted by the_peel
Sounds like we have a general agreement that this thread is fruitless, although we still prefer to smack our heads against it!

Exactly...did anyone ever claim that this thread was highly intellectual and full of bright, new ideas coming from all perspectives? So why did you feel compelled to explain to us that it wasn't?
Old 01-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Racer

I love all the "tarts" in my life, past and present.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

I think it was on that list of forum pet peeves, where someone comes in and points out to everyone that for the past 600 posts they've been wasting their time because it's useless to argue about X and Y.
Hmmm, methinks I am often guilty of this.