Locked glove box still got broken into.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:49 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locked glove box still got broken into.

So i'm just going to keep this short and simple, went clubbing locked my glove box trunk and the switch in the glove box, i come back from the club and i see that some went through my car. somehow busted opened my glove box to steal the stuff in there and unlocked my trunk. man i wish we didn't have that dumb button on the trunk or i still would of had my girls purse and keys. I just thought i'll be safe with the lock glove box. Now i feel like getting a different car car because i just haven't the best luck with this one, or any other acura so far.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
probably one of the easiest things to do get into is the glove box. Don't blame it on the car... it isn't a steel safe.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
That's how it is in every car...the glove box's lock isn't very secure. It's only there as a small deterrent. In my accord, the lever that's used for the gas and trunk can be yanked up, opening the trunk. The lever will stay stuck in the up position until you unlock the lock and push it back down

Basically anything you leave in your car is at risk. People put stuff in their trunk to keep stuff out of sight, but thieves know that and will always check the trunk. Going clubbing makes it an even bigger target I bet...most people don't want to lug their stuff around, so they'll just leave it in the trunk.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Advanced

isnt there a way to disable the trunk button on the trunk? i mean instead of locking it in your glove box, isnt there a way to remove the switch in the trunk? like taking off the lining and finding the switch and just remove it? never done so, but maybe it could be done?
Old 03-16-2008, 05:40 AM
tsx n00b

truth is, if a criminal really wants something from your car, you can't really stop them. trunk locks, glove boxes, alarms only do so much and can deter some people, but nothing is ever 100%. sorry to hear about your loss though.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 626tsx
isnt there a way to disable the trunk button on the trunk? i mean instead of locking it in your glove box, isnt there a way to remove the switch in the trunk? like taking off the lining and finding the switch and just remove it? never done so, but maybe it could be done?
The lock on the trunk release on the driver's side floor disables the trunk switch. However, if you give your FOB to the valet, they can still unlock the trunk either by using the remote to pop the trunk or unlocking all doors with the remote enables the release.

If you are valet parking, then you need to give them the gray key with no FOB. That's the point of the valet key.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by datadr
The lock on the trunk release on the driver's side floor disables the trunk switch. However, if you give your FOB to the valet, they can still unlock the trunk either by using the remote to pop the trunk or unlocking all doors with the remote enables the release.

If you are valet parking, then you need to give them the gray key with no FOB. That's the point of the valet key.
oh no, i meant in the trunk, can you take off the trunk lining and find that trunk switch in the trunk? and just disable it?