Listen to this "Deal"!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Listen to this "Deal"!?!?

As noted in prior post, went to local dealer who has 6 TSX's on lot. I was interested in SSM Ebony 5AT ebony. My first choice CG/Quartz is not on lot. Sales guy tells me he will sell me a CG that is not in stock for 25,500. The SSM on the lot? It will cost me $25,750 because he wants the car to sell at a better price then I negotiated. I told them that just killed deal for me..why should I buy a car that is my 2nd choice for more than one that is my first? Its not a big deal but it is counterintuitive that they would want to keep paying interest on car on the lot. I then tried to get the protection package added in for free and they would have none of it...the best they will do is $250. I really dont want to work an order with these guys either...I know there are people waiting a long time and why should I perform before they do? Right now, I am keeping my options open and going to talk to different dealers. If anyone can help me out it would be appreciated...Thanks!
Old 04-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Advanced

Update

Does anyone know when a shipment of new TSX's will come to NJ? I still am going round and round with this dealer that is the only one that has SSM/Ebony on his lot. It has come down to a couple hundred of dollars but based on what I see here, paying $25,900 for the car with the Pro Pack is too much.

Am I being just too stubborn (I dont need a car at this minute - the old Civic is doing just fine for now) or should I just relent and cave into this dealer?
Old 04-18-2004, 09:03 AM
04 remembrance

Deal is only a good deal when YOU feel satisfied. It doesn't matter if you feel like you're being a bit too stubborn or picky. So unless you're fully content with what you're buying with your money, call the deal off.

My .02 cents
Old 04-18-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm allergic to bull

Since you dont need a car at this minute, be stubborn and make sure you get the spec you want. What's the point to compromise for a few hundred bucks if you plan to own the car for a couple years?

Shippments are coming in contiuously. My order just reached CA early last week. I was told by my dealer that the car will arrive by next Sat. I have been waiting for 2 months. Time flys by faster than you know.

The deal you got on CG is pretty good, even though mine is even better. Again, dont go for the colour/spec you dont like.

I dont plan to get protection plan right now, cuz I can always get it later (if I even need it)
Old 04-18-2004, 01:00 PM
UK Spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just go another dealer...
Old 04-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Advanced

If you don't like the deal, vote with your feet and walk away.

If the dealer is interested in doing a deal, he'll follow.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:16 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
I got a worse one than that: In my search for a Red/5AT/Navi, I found the same spec car, but with a 6MT. I drove by one day and saw it on the lot with a "pre-owned" banner in the windshield, but saw no other stickers on the car. Thinking I'd try to save a couple thou, I went back when I had more time to check it out. The first thing I saw was the sticker in the window that said it had 14,XXX miles on it. Whoa, too many, but I thought maybe I could knock like 3 grand off the price. Then I saw the red tag hanging from the rear view, announcing, "Sale!" Then it said reduced from, get this, $29,350 to $28,995. They had one a few rows over for the sticker price, and it was brand new! They wanted a few hundred under sticker for a car that is effectively a year old! Needless to say, I just left, and bought my car from a different dealer.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Don't listen to me.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by iamhomin
Deal is only a good deal when YOU feel satisfied. It doesn't matter if you feel like you're being a bit too stubborn or picky. So unless you're fully content with what you're buying with your money, call the deal off.

My .02 cents

I agree with iamhomin, that if you can wait and work on a better deal do it. Don't be in a hurry!