lil help here PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 04:07 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lil help here PLEASE

I noticed the Mazda6 Looks very identical to the TSX, the Fronts of the two look very alike along with the rest of the car,,
but dont understand you can get a Mazda6S which is a V6 and like 260HP or something for the same price as a TSX, yeah but then your buying a MAZDA and youll be lucky if it runs more then 50,000 miles.... I really want a TSX so bad i love the car inside and out i just dont want ANOTHER 4 cyln. car, i would get the TL but its too much of an old mans car, and its kinda too big, i liek how the TSX is sporty and compact, IS300 is perfect BUT the interior really sucks and is so UGLY so forget about that, and doesnt have the same HID lights as the TSX,,, and the AUDI 3.0? nah a lil out of my price range,,, no way will i get a HondaV6 EX there nice but i HATE the styling on that car. Then the G35 coupe? yeah its nice but to expensive after all the options you want in it it will cost ya around 37,000$ Nissan Maxima? nah old mans car and the front styling is disgusting, so damn that leaves me with the I-4 TSX, i wouldnt mind spending an extra 2-3 grand for a V6 or a super or turbo charged engine made by ACURA. this is really starting to bother me, i need a new car i drive a 1991 infiniti G20 with 178,000 miles on it and i can tell the engine is just about ready to collapse so i wanna get rid of it before that happens. Now i cant even pick a DAMN car is is getting on my nervs
Old 04-02-2004, 04:10 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Old 04-02-2004, 04:13 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
hahah domn you are bored!!

I looked at the m6 before I looked at the tsx, but just sitting in the tsx and going through the 6 gears made my decision. I think the build materials & quality are much better in the tsx. as for power, I dont think there is that big of a diff, especially not hp diff. (feeling wise that is, I know there is more in the 6)
Old 04-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Evil Empire Peon

OK, it's a Friday, so I'll be nice.

First things first, go test drive the cars! You can't look at numbers and specs and say that's the car you want. Drive it, get a feel for it, then figure out if it's on your short list.

Oh, and next time, could you put some breaks in your paragraphs? Reading that post was a chore.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:19 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I could'nt resist, sorry about the pic. Its a Friday thing. Do what Revenent and virus suggested.

And for gods sake do a search.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I test drove a Mazda 6i then a 6s, then saw the TSX. You'll be surprised when you go and test drive the TSX. I said the same thing when I first saw it (TSX being an I4)..but the test drive made all the difference between the Mazda (ford) V6 and the rev happy I4. Test drive them and see whatcha think and feel free to report back.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Burning Brakes

How about the TL, the Acura product you want, more lux and more power as well. It is more than the 2-3k difference you are willing to pay for a V6 but it does have 70 more hp.

Vandy
Old 04-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I drove both the Mazda 6s and 6i extensively before deciding on the TSX. I also tested the G35, IS300, Audi A4 1.8T, BMW 325, and the Subaru WRX.

After extensive comparison, I decided on the TSX because overall, the car came with everything I needed and wanted, while not feeling as heavy as the G35 (it was just not nimble enough, handling wise), had an excellent interior (the IS300 and BMW interiors just did not work for me and I won't even start on the G35). The Audi was ok, but when I started adding some of the options I wanted, it cost too much, just like the BMW. The WRX, although a fast car, and a lot of fun to drive, just felt too cheap to me (and I was coming from an Integra, which says a lot).

The Mazda 6s was the only other car I seriously considered. The V6 was nice, but didn't feel significantly more powerful than the TSX (I needed an automatic, since my family needed to an extra car that everyone could drive, and it's amazing how much difference an extra gear can make). In the end, it was the handling that did it for me. The TSX is incredibly competent. I drove the 6s at last year's Mazda Rev It Up! event and was highly disappointed by its abilities (especially for a car on eibach springs and Falken Azenis tires). When I drove the TSX, I found the handling more agreeable and the willingness to rotate was much better than the Mazda.

In the end, what the others have suggested is still the best advice. Test drive each and every one of the cars you're thinking about. Don't just drive them once, drive them several times. If you get a chance, really wring out the car (you'd be amazed how many times I've been to a dealership to look at cars and the salesperson drove like a maniac off the lot and let me drive like a maniac). Also, drive the cars back to back to get the best comparison. After all of that, you'll know which car you want.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Banned

i dont think the mazda 6 has 260. Maybe 220. If it does have 260 it would give my cls a run for its money