lease pearls of wisdom

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:40 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lease pearls of wisdom

My TSX is going to be here within the next couple of weeks and I am likely going to lease. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom that may help keep me from getting hosed? Thanks!
Old 07-09-2003, 01:42 PM
10th Gear

I'm in the same situation.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: lease pearls of wisdom

Originally posted by callowna
My TSX is going to be here within the next couple of weeks and I am likely going to lease. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom that may help keep me from getting hosed? Thanks!
By the way - good to see another Raleigh area member on here

I leased my car and best I can tell you is that I would go for a couple of things:

1) Negotiate price first ... then deal with lease terms
2) Look for the length of term that works for you, BUT also look at what term offers the best residual amount per month. Kinda like finding the hot spot for the lease term. Usually for Acura I have found that to be either 33 or 36 months. With the TSX at my dealer 36 months was it.
3) Don't put any money out of pocket. It is thrown away.
4) Talk to Tom Johnson at Leith Acura !!! (he will treat you fair and has sold at least 2-3 cars to forum members from Raleigh area)
Old 07-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What!? He doesn't have to read the 10-hour snooze-a-thon manual on Leasing that you gave to me????? No Fair!! (Just kidding..Prov..actually it was very helpful )
Old 07-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just in case you guys were curious (or just need some "light" reading to get you to sleep tonight ) the site is at http://www.leaseguide.com Seriously, though..had some good tips..
Old 07-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro

Originally posted by SaraWI
Just in case you guys were curious (or just need some "light" reading to get you to sleep tonight ) the site is at http://www.leaseguide.com Seriously, though..had some good tips..
Thanks Sara
Old 07-09-2003, 10:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by SaraWI
What!? He doesn't have to read the 10-hour snooze-a-thon manual on Leasing that you gave to me????? No Fair!! (Just kidding..Prov..actually it was very helpful )
OK ... each has its own value depending on your attention span I guess ... for me ... the above works best
Old 07-11-2003, 08:48 PM
A- GERMAN CAR HATER

I would seriously consider your driving habits before you lease. I leased my 2000 A4, and when it was time to turn it back in I got screwed...both on the mileage and the add-ons i put into the car. I like to do a lot to my cars (wheels, system, entertainment, performance upgrades)...All i'm saying is think of what your going to do the car, if anything, and then consider leasing........If your the type of car owner that just uses the car on a day to day basis to get to and from work and run errands as well as toting the family around, then I would say cool, go for it.But, if not, the DON'T LEASE!!!...TRUST ME
Old 07-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 7eighteen
I would seriously consider your driving habits before you lease. I leased my 2000 A4, and when it was time to turn it back in I got screwed...both on the mileage and the add-ons i put into the car. I like to do a lot to my cars (wheels, system, entertainment, performance upgrades)...All i'm saying is think of what your going to do the car, if anything, and then consider leasing........If your the type of car owner that just uses the car on a day to day basis to get to and from work and run errands as well as toting the family around, then I would say cool, go for it.But, if not, the DON'T LEASE!!!...TRUST ME
I'm turnin a 36 month lease in, 3K under my mileage alotment. It works for me, but I know people that get screwed big time. If your drivin the wheels off it, buy it, if not and you like a new car often, lease it.