Largest TSX owners get together for a parade

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:27 AM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Largest TSX owners get together for a parade

I'm watching this documentary about Harley Davidson owners (million members worldwide called HOGs -Harley Owners Group) and they usually have some sort of mass get-togethers. I thought why not TSX owners?

If someone were to organize it for the summer month and give plenty notice, I would be down for this for sure. It would be a sight to see hundreds of TSX on the freeway! Get Acura to sponsor in some way! Their marketing department should be all over this!!!

What say y'all?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:35 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Why?
What would Acura get out of the deal?
How expensive, and what would the money be needed for/to offset?
Nice idea in theory, but the reality would prove to be rather disappointing, I'd bet.
If you do manage to organise something, then congrats, but be prepared for it to have initial interest and promises, only to go pear-shaped nearer the time.
Good luck with it.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:35 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
k we whould meet up in dallas texas
;-)
Old 07-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Harley Owners are alot different then TSX owners. Motorcycle owners in general enjoy the road trip. TSX owners don't want to take the time or put the miles on their cars. Plus all you'd get are some kids with toys and no one else. Most people who drive the TSX don't know acurazine exists or that people even put aftermarket things on the TSX. They are old ladies, and sometimes men lol. Would you want a crew of old people rollin with you? =P
Old 07-07-2007, 11:31 PM
B A N N E D

i'd be game but thats just cuz i love driving... i do agree that it would probably be a bust though
Old 07-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by clee109
Harley Owners are alot different then TSX owners. Motorcycle owners in general enjoy the road trip. TSX owners don't want to take the time or put the miles on their cars. Plus all you'd get are some kids with toys and no one else. Most people who drive the TSX don't know acurazine exists or that people even put aftermarket things on the TSX. They are old ladies, and sometimes men lol. Would you want a crew of old people rollin with you? =P
Are you guys around groups of bikers much? Talk about groups of old people (I should know, I'll be 50 next month). And while most riders do enjoy the ride, lots and lots of peolpe trailer Harleys to big events like Sturgis and Daytona. A car or bike has to be perceived as an icon to generate that kind of enthusiasm. The only groups I've been around enough that generate that loyalty are Harleys, BMW bikes, Gold Wings, and Corvettes.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Tex929rr
Are you guys around groups of bikers much? Talk about groups of old people (I should know, I'll be 50 next month). And while most riders do enjoy the ride, lots and lots of peolpe trailer Harleys to big events like Sturgis and Daytona. A car or bike has to be perceived as an icon to generate that kind of enthusiasm. The only groups I've been around enough that generate that loyalty are Harleys, BMW bikes, Gold Wings, and Corvettes.
my dad who before he passed away was a sales manager of a harley davidson dealer... he also had been riding them for 20+ years. Every year he RODE from Chicago to Washington DC for their bike week there... Rolling Thunder I think it was called.

MOST guys who ride Harleys are comitted... I'm not talking abou the sudden boom of yuppie upper class ceos who go out and buy harleys now.

ANYWAY, the point is... I don't think the TSX family would be down to go balls to the wall for something like this.

I live in Chicago and I haven't even see an TSX meet happening around here... how are we supposed to get 5000+ people on a highway if 10 people who all live in the same area cant even meet up?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Advanced

[QUOTE=TSX Wisc Badger]my dad who before he passed away was a sales manager of a harley davidson dealer... he also had been riding them for 20+ years. Every year he RODE from Chicago to Washington DC for their bike week there... Rolling Thunder I think it was called.

MOST guys who ride Harleys are comitted... I'm not talking abou the sudden boom of yuppie upper class ceos who go out and buy harleys now.
[QUOTE]

I think I understand your point, and good on your Dad. But go to any HOG gathering and most of the riders are the "yuppie upper class guys" who buy Harleys now.

We stop in at Luckenbach most weekends when riding - there are huge packs of Harleys there, and they don't ride much. The 70 miles from San Antonio is a big ride for them.

Strafing them is lots of fun.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Harley's are like a life style...a sub-culture.

Acura drivers love their cars, but are automobile enthusiasts (meaning they won't entirely hold loyalty to one brand of cars)

I think last year there was an east and west coast meet (or maybe I'm thinking about accords). In any event, I doubt we'd be able to rustle up only TSX's....we'd have to open it up to all Acura's. I heard that the all-cali meet (north meeting with south) had a ton of flakes, so I don't know how an east-west meet would go.

Maybe if it was some sort of Acura bullrun. Travel to one city, sleep over (& party), and then on to the next city...for a week.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:10 PM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
Harley's are like a life style...a sub-culture.

Acura drivers love their cars, but are automobile enthusiasts (meaning they won't entirely hold loyalty to one brand of cars)

I think last year there was an east and west coast meet (or maybe I'm thinking about accords). In any event, I doubt we'd be able to rustle up only TSX's....we'd have to open it up to all Acura's. I heard that the all-cali meet (north meeting with south) had a ton of flakes, so I don't know how an east-west meet would go.

Maybe if it was some sort of Acura bullrun. Travel to one city, sleep over (& party), and then on to the next city...for a week.

That's why this would really generate alot of press if we can make this happen! I don't know why car makers don't think of doing this. Perhaps offer a prize to all attendees - you know, a draw for the first 2009 TSX or something. It would be awesome to see four lanes, 20 deep on the highway driving from city to city, all TSXs. Perhaps give each driver gas cards to help pay part of the way. This type of promotion/advertising is priceless.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by cestmoi
That's why this would really generate alot of press if we can make this happen! I don't know why car makers don't think of doing this. Perhaps offer a prize to all attendees - you know, a draw for the first 2009 TSX or something. It would be awesome to see four lanes, 20 deep on the highway driving from city to city, all TSXs. Perhaps give each driver gas cards to help pay part of the way. This type of promotion/advertising is priceless.
You're going to need a lot more than a thread on a board that servers probably less than 5% of all TSX owners. It has been done before though.

http://www.itrca.com/events/expo7.php

ITR Expo is an annual event and has been very successful. The ITR and TSX are two different cars though with a different following.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Race Director

I think I would see probably like an NSX large meet for a parade before seeing a TSX one just because the NSX was the first Japanese supercar marketed for the USA and it made a big impact in the Auto industry. The TSX has done neither, but just a great alternative and value compared to more expensive BMW's, Infiniti's, Lexus's, Audi's, and Mercedes cars.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I believe Dan Martin is the largest TSX owner

Old 07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by jlukja

edit: eh, nevermind, I misread the title...
jolly green giant?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by jlukja

I opened this thread half expecting it to be about obese TSX owners getting together for a meet
Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Received 608 Likes on 312 Posts
Poor Dan...that pic makes me laugh every time, though!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's one awesome pic.

What about Canadian members?? Most of the TSX drivers , maybe 90-95% of them are not on forums nor do they care about car meets. ITR and NSX owners actually care about their cars and getting together. TSX is more of a commute car between point A to B.