Just a little venting...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Is waiting in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a little venting...

Eh, so where do I begin?

Month of August

Let's see, somebody swiped the rear driver side of my bumper, but it may come out if I wash the car and compound it.

My Euro-R lip came in after 8 months and is at Heeltoe, but it's black instead of white. I'm not racist so I may just tolerate it, I guess...

My mother curbed one of my Mugen rims when she had to park it on the street in order to get her vehicle from the driveway.

Lastly, I come home from Manhattan today to see one of my stock wheels on the front. Apparently the tire has been punctured, so it looks like I'll have to try and get that repaired. If not I may have to buy a new tire, even though the old one has <1500miles

But on the bright side I'm going on vacation next Sunday, so things should get better.

This side of the forum seems really dead, so does any one else feel like venting/commenting about things that happened to their 1G TSX this month?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Power seat failed =\

Someone punctured my bumper there is a random hole in the rear bumper...
looks like a steel pipe...

Scraped the bottom left and right side skirt since someone forced me onto a driveway that i was slowly going up.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Is waiting in

That sucks Jeff, if only we had more expendable income, TSXs would be happy
Old 08-13-2009, 05:47 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Nothing to vent on my 06 tsx-still loving it with no problems (knock-on-wood)
Have now owned it for 33 months-almost 90,000 miles.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:11 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's rained nearly every day this summer, so my car is clean maybe three times a month. Does that count?

Sorry about your bad luck rex. Things will get better. A black lip might even look sick on your TSX with the panda scheme you've got going on. So, you've got that to look forward to...
Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Is waiting in

Yea I guess so Matt, hopefully Marcus doesn't ship it when I go on vacation and there's no one to sign for it.

So how's the blown experience as of date?
Old 08-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Damn dude, that sounds rough.

Someone in the past month swiped my passenger's side door and put a huge dent in it. I also got a few door dings and my fogs decided to blow out.

Lovely month isn't it? Good thing I just got my Hoen's in the mail.
This part of the forum is quite dead, but only because people are lurking and not posting.

Hope things look up for you buddy.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:08 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-incessant light rattling noise coming from passenger front door when i go over bumps, still can't figure out where it's coming from

-noticed 2 different panels i got repainted for keyings/scrapes are having some major quality issues. clearcoat is semi-chipping right where the rear fender bends into the door. and apparently the paint on my bumper didn't cure/dry so when the bumper lip was put back on and the section held up by double-sided tape came off, i noticed the bumper has a line of missing paint right where the top of the lip makes contact.

i have to find some time to go back to the shop i got it painted at. it's pretty effing irritating to spend that much money on getting something repainted and it's not done right.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:19 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rex.
Yea I guess so Matt, hopefully Marcus doesn't ship it when I go on vacation and there's no one to sign for it.

So how's the blown experience as of date?
Car's running wonderfully... it's not that pleased with the standard August muggy air, but aside from that, I can't complain. Definitely looking forward to nice crisp October/November air, though.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
1250 for a reclinder seat assembly and thats not even replacing the whole seat.

Any of you guys know anyone that have black driver seats lying around/
Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Intermediate

I was washing my car and noticed a door ding... my first one. I know it was bound to happen sooner or later, but its still depressing when it actually does
Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
My cracked fog light finally broke. Not too happy about that. I don't want to have them on now as I know how fragile the bulbs get when they get hot. The car is absolutely filthy from a few long trips down the interstate and its rained so much I can't even get out to wash it.

Had a flat tire the other day. Was supposed to be at work at 7, but didn't get there until 7:15, and for the first ever my boss was there before 7. And nobody passed on the message so he gave me a hard time. I got rained on twice while patching and changing it.

But, those are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Car's running well so I can't complain.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Instructor

man, nyc driving sucks! driving to the city is a nightmare, potholes and traffic everywhere. even on the highways, fdr especially! ive had so many flats lately! this week i noticed a chunk missing out of the sidewall of my tire. and the weather aint helping.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:34 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ugh. here is one from this morning.

in a rush to find a spot and park, i didn't realize the tree next to the spot had a bunch of roots that were actually kinda high and spilled over the curb. backed the car in and crunch. scraped the right bottom corner of my lip. took off some patches of paint, although you'd probably have to be really up close to notice it. but still. i can't stand stuff like this. especially when it's you're own damn fault.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Is waiting in

Jeff, does Jason (CCColts) still have his ?

I love my car, but it seems to be the neglected girlfriend now-a-days. Can't keep my eyes from wandering, but any other car would only be an unnecessary expense.

NYC is definitely the worst for driving! Had to buy a new tire, old one couldn't be plugged or patched. <1500 miles only! What a waste, so now I know to buy the road hazard package next time.

And if your on the FDR, keep your eyes peeled!

Atleast we can all relate to each other, so let's share an eBeer
Old 08-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by buddylie
I was washing my car and noticed a door ding... my first one. I know it was bound to happen sooner or later, but its still depressing when it actually does
The first one does hurt, but after 2 people hit the front of my car, 2 hit the rear of my car and like 4 door dings and a side swipe hit and run, I honestly don't care anymore
Old 08-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
The first one does hurt, but after 2 people hit the front of my car, 2 hit the rear of my car and like 4 door dings and a side swipe hit and run, I honestly don't care anymore
lol um... ouch.

well i got a broken fog light lens passenger side, knocked out the bulb, moisture i guess? left one is always fine.

Cracked a rim about 2 weeks ago. Biggest pain in the ass. Sat on a donut for a week until i received my aftermarket rims. then when i bring it in to be mounted. They told me the tire on the busted rim is no good anymore. I only drove ~1/4 mile LOCAL. Pulled out of a parking lot in school before hitting the main road. So i had to wait another week for a tire to come in. Weak.

oh yeah and jeff left for buffalo and he didn't drop by my house to help me hardwire my radar =[ sad day for me
Old 09-01-2009, 07:11 AM
gets all the crazy chicks

My car was swirled to hell by a dealership that washed my car even though I told them not to. Even though they acknowledged it. Even though I told them why I didn't want them to wash it.

Oddly after taking it to this new dealership my car feels like it has a lot less power (I gotta be imagining this...) and my shifter suddenly developed a shitload of play.

My drivers side window has been intermittently making this squealing sound since new (day 1), I've been trying to get that fixed but all the dealerships keep doing it is lubing it. It's been almost two years, how much do these aholes plan to lube it? (That just sounds wrong.)

These are all relatively minor issues though. Problem is I'm getting married soon and am obviously busy with all that stuff. I've only got one car (last one got stolen..right after I got rid of theft/comprehensive. Joy.) and dealerships are stingy about giving out loaners unless you get a major service done through them.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

here are some things to vent about Before I sold my car...

Car/Steering wheel was vibrating violently upon braking at high speeds

Battery would last only 5 min with the engine off

Still never learned how to drive the manual in that car appropriately
Old 09-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i got my rear bumper dinged and dented two differnt times in the same week, one is a relatively large (1.5 inches diameter) U-shaped ding (looks like a shopping cart rubbed my car) and the other is just a regular scratch , eh life sucks sometimes, make sure u park far away from the front door!