Just got my new TSX - great price well under MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 10:05 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just got my new TSX - great price well under MSRP

I just got my car for $1790 below MSRP. I paid $25,200 for a Pearl White/Parchment/5AT/No Navi.

Vin number in the 8000 range. It took some effort. However, I got my deal online. I sent emails to 6 dealers offering $25,000 for the above in either Pearl White or Milano Red. Two dealers didn't reply. Two said they sell it only at MSRP. One countered by $500 below MSRP. And one replied by offering $25,500. I countered by $25,200 and they accepted.

It was a very hassle free experience. I got to the dealer. It was their last TSX in their lot as they sold the other one on the same day. The car got actually in the show room on the same day. It was the color I wanted. I got no pressure from them. We signed the deal and did the financing through Honda Financial for 3.54%. I was out of there in less than an hour with my new car. The car had 25 miles on the odometer.

Very positive experience. No trade-in invloved. I am in Texas.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:11 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the site.

That's definently a good deal in the US. Sounds like an almost too good to be true experience as well.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:29 AM
Advanced

I agree.. I was completely surprised by the experience. The dealer didn't try to add any BS charges to the final out of door price. Just the taxes and title fees..
Old 07-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Racer

good job!!
Old 07-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: Just got my new TSX - great price well under MSRP

Originally posted by AlexTheMan
I just got my car for $1790 below MSRP. I paid $25,200 for a Pearl White/Parchment/5AT/No Navi.

Vin number in the 8000 range. It took some effort. However, I got my deal online. I sent emails to 6 dealers offering $25,000 for the above in either Pearl White or Milano Red. Two dealers didn't reply. Two said they sell it only at MSRP. One countered by $500 below MSRP. And one replied by offering $25,500. I countered by $25,200 and they accepted.

It was a very hassle free experience. I got to the dealer. It was their last TSX in their lot as they sold the other one on the same day. The car got actually in the show room on the same day. It was the color I wanted. I got no pressure from them. We signed the deal and did the financing through Honda Financial for 3.54%. I was out of there in less than an hour with my new car. The car had 25 miles on the odometer.

Very positive experience. No trade-in invloved. I am in Texas.
Just curious, which dealers in TX?
Old 07-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Advanced

Well.. I am in Houston.. However, I prefer to leave the dealer nameless :-)
Old 07-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Why leave the dealer nameless? You already bought your car from them. If anything, you'll give them more business which will bring more cars into their dealership which means more selection if you want to buy from them again.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:55 PM
dnb
in search of PW threads

Why? Good dealers are hard to find. They deserve all the publicity they can get.

FWIW, here's mine: Clair Motors in the Boston Area. They have Honda, Acura, MB, Porsche and other dealerships. I have no connection except as a satisfied customer (for over 9 years).
Old 07-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Safety Car

You have got to be kidding? I say ban this guy! J/K.

I bet $500 below was John Eagle, Gillman & Sterling McCall MSRP.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:24 PM
Instructor

Why would you leave the dealer nameless?

II was out of there in less than an hour with my new car. The car had 25 miles on the odometer
And I don't know about the U.S., but here in Canada, I have never heard of a new car purchase, where you drive away from the dealer (in that car), within one hour of buying.... takes at least a day or 2 for dealer prep and your insurance to be arranged.

Again, why are you against mentioning the dealer????? Hmmmm!

TSXKid
Old 07-31-2003, 03:42 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by miner
You have got to be kidding? I say ban this guy! J/K.

I bet $500 below was John Eagle, Gillman & Sterling McCall MSRP.
OK, OK... Seems that you are guessing pretty good..

I got the car from Charlie Thomas Acura.. The $500 less than MSRP was John Eagle... Both Gillman and Sterling McCall were MSRP only..

I got no reply from the couple of dealers in San Antonio and Austin.. Although I was willing to go pick up the car from there..

I really appreciate the attitude for the 2 salesmen I dealt with as well as the finance manager at Charlie Thomas.. I got an excellent deal on the price as well as the finance in a completely no pressrue atmosphere..

BTW, I live in Katy..

Also, the car was already prepared and ready to go.. It arrived at the dealer 4 days before.. It had a Vin number in 8900 range.. The checklist in the maintenance book for the new car preparation was done 2 days before I bought it.. They got it inside the showroom on the same morning I bought it.. So when we signed the deal, they took the car and got it ready in 30 minutes or so while I was finalizing the finance details.

I called my insurance company while I was at the dealership and added the car to my full coverage policy that I had for my 2 older cars. That took 5 minutes or so..
Old 07-31-2003, 04:19 PM
Safety Car

OK, OK... Seems that you are guessing pretty good..

I got the car from Charlie Thomas Acura.. The $500 less than MSRP was John Eagle... Both Gillman and Sterling McCall were MSRP only..

I got no reply from the couple of dealers in San Antonio and Austin.. Although I was willing to go pick up the car from there..

I really appreciate the attitude for the 2 salesmen I dealt with as well as the finance manager at Charlie Thomas.. I got an excellent deal on the price as well as the finance in a completely no pressrue atmosphere..

BTW, I live in Katy..

Also, the car was already prepared and ready to go.. It arrived at the dealer 4 days before.. It had a Vin number in 8900 range.. The checklist in the maintenance book for the new car preparation was done 2 days before I bought it.. They got it inside the showroom on the same morning I bought it.. So when we signed the deal, they took the car and got it ready in 30 minutes or so while I was finalizing the finance details.

I called my insurance company while I was at the dealership and added the car to my full coverage policy that I had for my 2 older cars. That took 5 minutes or so..
Then I saw you driving down Bay Hill Blvd. by Falcon Point - tried to get your attention but no luck. I'll probably see you again. I live in the area.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:26 PM
Safety Car

BTW, Alex, I have an OEM moonroof visor for sale if you are interested. I had it on the car for 2 hrs. Came with the car when I bought it, wife took it off. $75 OBO. Really cuts down on interior noise when roof is open.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:35 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the offer about the visor.. However, I don't like how it looks on the car..

Man, so you saw me.. That had to be on Tuesday.. I knew that you were in Katy and and have been trying to see you around..

Which dealer do you recommend for regular service.. I haven't tried any so far.. However, I haven't been impressed at all by John Eagle.. I may take my car in some time soon for a little rattle that's coming from the curtain air bag area for the front passenger... I hate having to drive all the way to Charlie Thomas for that..
Old 08-01-2003, 08:14 AM
Safety Car

I have used John Eagle a few times, no problem yet. Best to make an appointment ahead of time if at all possible. Talk to either Roman Blandino or Eric Younger in service. When the upper clutch switch went bad in my car they immediately oput me in a loaner to use, no questions asked but I think that is only for people who bought from them. BTW, I live in Falcon Point The Meadows. Look for a MSM with a body kit & spoiler. So far I have 5200 miles on the odo.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:35 AM
1st Gear

tsx in houston

i'm new to this forum and this is my first post.
i bought a black/parchment tsx from charlie thomas acura 2 weeks ago for 25500. i was out of the dealership in 2 hours even though initially i had asked for a cg/slate (i couldn't buy the cg/slate once i saw the black/parchment). the delay was in getting the black cleaned and gassed up. no hassles and financing was 3.54% thro american honda. i'd recommend them anyday. the guy i dealt with was jeremy pratt. none of the dallas dealers were willing to go below 500 off msrp.
and i had the front door/speaker rattles from the first day. took it to goodson acura in dallas and after 2 days, they seems to have 'solved' it by adding padding to both front doors. but that was 3 days ago and only time will tell.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Instructor

to get 3.54% how good was your credit? what's the lowest APR people have gotten?
Old 08-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Intermediate

I got 3% thru Chase (the dealer did the financing for me through them). Yes, I guess we have pretty good credit.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:03 AM
Cruisin'

Question dealer recommendation??

Does anyone have a positive experience with a dealer in the Boston or southern New England area? I'd like to purchase at a price near dealer invoice, and as I'm not in a huge rush, I thought I might have a chance if I contacted enough dealerships.

There are several colors I could live with, & I want AT which may be more available (?)

Thanks

Jeff
Old 08-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Instructor

jeffoxx...

I'd be entirely surprsised if you were able to get one at or near invoice.

Most around here get about $500 off MSRP and are pretty happy. I was just at a dealership here (Indy) and even that is a hard bargain.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Advanced

where in houston is Charlie thomas? (N,S,E, W)
I live in San Antonio and wouldnt mind the drive if the price is right. here they are 1000 off msrp
How do you deal 'on line' there anyway??