J.D.Power survey

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J.D.Power survey

I received a letter from ACURA today with a J.D.Power survey inside, which I completed online. The 28 questions had nothing to do with satisfaction of the vehicle, but were only asking about my dealer experience. Half of the questions were regarding my satisfaction with the dealer from which we purchased, and the rest were about what other dealers we visited and why we didn't buy from them. Has anyone else received this survey?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by tmac145
I received a letter from ACURA today with a J.D.Power survey inside, which I completed online. The 28 questions had nothing to do with satisfaction of the vehicle, but were only asking about my dealer experience. Half of the questions were regarding my satisfaction with the dealer from which we purchased, and the rest were about what other dealers we visited and why we didn't buy from them. Has anyone else received this survey?
You might get another -- I received 2 surveys from JD when I bought my VW -- I am expecting 2 more for the Acura.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Recovering SUV Addict...

You should write "HEY JD, STUFF IT UP YOUR ASS" on it in big, red letters, and send it back.

Seriously though...isn't it sad that JD Power surveys are, well, irrelevant, but the marketing of the awards is sooooo glamorous for the car companies...
Old 08-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think the surveys or made so that they know which dealership is good so they can provide more cars to that dealership..

my acura dealership begged me to give them a perfect score, but i had the worse experience with them. bad customer service and bad saleperson. he was rude and treated me like i was some bad teenager. i was with my dad, i was the one who picked out the car and was the person that was going to buy the car. he practically ignored me the whole time and kept on asking my dad questions about the car, but my dad said he wasn't the one buynig the car so he should ask me.. sales guy didn't listen. he was really rude and pushy the whole time.

i'm 22 by the way.. i've bought a car before.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
I got this survey the other day too. I have not filled it out yet though.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ronin317
Seriously though...isn't it sad that JD Power surveys are, well, irrelevant, but the marketing of the awards is sooooo glamorous for the car companies...
That's JDP's whole business. They keep their information just barely useful enough to consumers to keep a smidgen of street cred (at least with the clueless) and then essentially sell their ratings to the manufacturers who use them for advertising.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:47 PM
tsx n00b

Originally Posted by zidenx
i think the surveys or made so that they know which dealership is good so they can provide more cars to that dealership..

my acura dealership begged me to give them a perfect score, but i had the worse experience with them. bad customer service and bad saleperson. he was rude and treated me like i was some bad teenager. i was with my dad, i was the one who picked out the car and was the person that was going to buy the car. he practically ignored me the whole time and kept on asking my dad questions about the car, but my dad said he wasn't the one buynig the car so he should ask me.. sales guy didn't listen. he was really rude and pushy the whole time.

That sucks, I was with my parents when we bought the car too, but the dealer was really good at talking with our entire family. I was the one who test drove the car, but the dealer kept everyone involved. We got a great deal on it (below invoice) with part of the "deal" being that when acura calls for the dealer surveys we give them perfect scores. we were happy to do it.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:03 PM
2010 6MT non-tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jpt
That's JDP's whole business. They keep their information just barely useful enough to consumers to keep a smidgen of street cred (at least with the clueless) and then essentially sell their ratings to the manufacturers who use them for advertising.
i'm not going to argue with you that JDP is ridiculous, BUT.....would everyone here have the same opinion if JDP had rated the TSX highly (i.e. where it belongs?)

i'm skeptical.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Recovering SUV Addict...

Originally Posted by frescagod
i'm not going to argue with you that JDP is ridiculous, BUT.....would everyone here have the same opinion if JDP had rated the TSX highly (i.e. where it belongs?)

i'm skeptical.
I could care less what they rated the TSX. In fact, I don't even know...I've never looked at their shitty rankings after hearing how they do business...
Old 08-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Advanced

I could care less what they rated the TSX. In fact, I don't even know...I've never looked at their shitty rankings after hearing how they do business...
Agreed.

As a side note, I saw 6 or 7 of their awards today (in a case in front of the main entrance) at the Toyota plant where I'm working.... They are kinda cool.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:37 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

I didn't know their rating either -- in fact I couldn't tell you any JD Power rating for any car at all. Sometimes I see the little award emblem in car glossy ads (which I never really read either) but I never actually pay attention to it.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Canuck

yeah i just completed one last month as well.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:25 AM
for EVER more!

Originally Posted by zidenx

I had a very similar problem. I hated my salesperson -- an 18 yr old idiot who I just finished dealing with (2 months after purchase). He originally quoted me a price in the $25k range for new 06 RBP 6mt no navi. then after we got serious, he pulled back bc he got in trouble for quoting a price so ridiculous. We ended up paying 26.1k, but had a huge headache getting the right mats and net hardware, etc. etc.

He's one of those awful communicators who leaves long pauses and makes you think he's fallen asleep or something. What a horrible experience (acura of orange park (Tampa, FL area))!!!

JD Power will be hearing about this guy for sure!