ipod cable question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009 | 06:16 PM
10th Gear

ipod cable question...

First off, I bought a '04 TSX yesterday. I'm really really happy with it! I'm new around here, but I did search around a bit before posting this question... but if these were answered elsewhere, feel free to drop me a link to where...

The previous owner installed a iPod hookup (the ipod data connector, not a aux connector), but I'm not sure if I can get it to work properly. When hooked up to my iPod Touch (1st gen, latest firmware), it plays songs in shuffle mode only. If I disconnect it, turn the ipod off shuffle mode, and reconnect, it puts it back on shuffle and continues to play songs at random. The steering wheel CH+ and CH- buttons work to switch songs... but they don't seem to work all the time.

When I hook up an old iPod Nano, it'll play songs in order... it seems like it works as intended, but I can't figure out how to switch between playlists. A little help?

I'm not sure what manufacturer made this iPod cord, as I didn't install it myself, but I'd really like to get the iTouch to work properly in my TSX.

Has anyone else had problems with iPod cords and an iPod Touch or iPhone? Is there any way I can tell which cord this is without taking apart the dash/center console?

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-22-2009 | 10:15 PM
Racer

I guess this would be your last option and is to get the isimple setup for your car.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=isimple
Old 11-23-2009 | 10:58 AM
mrgold35

You could have the USA SPEC iPod intergration set-up. You can look at the web link below for the 2004 TSX and download the manual for the product information.

http://www.usaspec.com/index.php

My USA-SPEC module sits behind the empty bin below the AC/Radio console. You can pull the bin that is attached to the flip door out (couple of clips hold it in place). My guess is the module is just sitting just behind there. There are different toggle switches on the module for changing the different modes (direct/playlist or with or without XM).

I have the 1st gen touch and iPhone 3GS and the USA-SPEC charges and plays both in playlist and direct mode. I mostly use both iPods in direct mode instead of playlist. I always have to change the CD changer to DISC #8 to control the iPod touch/Phone. I think CD #1-6 are playlist and CD #7 plays every song on the ipod.
Old 11-23-2009 | 10:17 PM
10th Gear

Okay, so I went and removed the center console and found what was powering this mess... It's an adapter from NEO Car Audio Systems, the PODHONR3V2Y.

It has RCA-in jacks, and two 2-position switches (both on/off), enabling it to change from playlist to direct iPod control mode. Clearly, I had to change it from playlist to direct mode.

It works wonderfully now! Even in direct mode, it allows me to go forward/backward in tracks on the steering wheel or stereo head unit. From what I've read in the A/V section of the forum, that's unusual!

I haven't tried the RCA jacks, but I did go and re-route the system so the iPod cable comes out of the unit beneath the armrest.

Here's a link to the component: http://www.neocaraudio.com/product_i...oducts_id=1002

They're currently selling for $120.

They now have a new edition, the PODHONR4V1.

For future reference, I have a 2004 TSX without Navigation, factory XM, or a dedicated XM button.