Installing Powered Enclosed Sub in TSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Powered Enclosed Sub in TSX

I need help installing a Kenwood KSC-SW1 that I've had for almost 10 years and never used. I actually don't even know if the thing still works, it should, it was brand new when I bought it.

I read into the TSX system a while back when I was planning on upgrading it, found out that it was a little more complicated because of the stock amp and the type of signal it puts out so it became a little overwhelming and I decided not to mess with it but now Im hoping this system will be compatible and would like to install it. It fits perfectly in the middle of the back seat where the armrest/cupholder thing is so I want to remove it and put it in its place.

Im also planning on replacing the door speakers in the near future. Ive read about the Alpine speakers some have installed to run off the stock amp and was planning on just going that route, but I do have an Eclipse EA4000 6 channel amp that I have from a previous set up in my previous car, can I/ should I use it somehow?

Should I buy the AOEM-HON20 adapter in order to use the system with RCA's or just tap into the speakers? Will I need LOC's?

Ive posted pictures of the suggested set ups and Specifications for the Kenwood KSC- SW1, Id appreciate any suggestions/recommendations. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Installing Powered Enclosed Sub in TSX-ksc-sw1-connections.jpg   Installing Powered Enclosed Sub in TSX-ksc-sw1-specs.jpg  
Old 03-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just adding a picture.

Just adding a picture of where I want to install it and to give you guys an idea of what it would look like. It would fit perfectly snug if I were to remove the rear cup holder. I really like the idea of having the bass directed from the rear towards the front.
Attached Thumbnails Installing Powered Enclosed Sub in TSX-ksc.jpg