Incidents of Acura dealer service staff

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Honda does engines.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incidents of Acura dealer service staff

In my current TSX, I have had to deal with the squeaking driver's seat and a minor barely audible, but annoying rattle in the A-pillar on the passenger side. I'd rather not have to deal with these issues, but the dealer took care of the driver seat squeak under warranty. However, the A-pillar rattle is hard to duplicate if the car hasn't been driven in a while. The only issue I have that's related to my vehicle is with the service staff at Tustin Acura. The younger advisors are a little too surly and arrogant in my opinion. As an example, I asked if the oil level could be checked before changing the oil because I hadn't checked since the last fueling. The advisor's response was that yeah if I had an hour to wait so that the the all the oil could drain into the oil pan. All he had to say was sure that's no problem. We'll give the car 10-15 minutes for the oil to cool down and we can give you a good idea of what the oil level was.

Truthfully, I don't think I would get this treatment at a Lexus dealer, but there's also a higher premium for buying a Lexus. My plan is to go with an Acura/Honda independent shop and skip the surly attitude at the Acura dealer. On the plus side, the oil change was done quickly and the car was washed by hand. I had a coupon for the oil change, but I'd pay full price if the staff lost the standoffish attitude. I don't see that happening any time soon, though.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I think you will come across those kind of people in every kind of dealer- including lexus- The acura service department I go to has extremely pleasant helpful advisors- If you do not like the way you are treated complain to the manager. Why didn't you check the oil-level before you brought the car for an oil change.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Everyday Joe

I agree completely w/the OP...Acura services just does not get it. My Nissan dealer gave me better service than Acura. It will be a factor when we buy our new truck soon....if I'm paying 45-60K....I want lip prints all over my posterior.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:03 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by keg1997
I agree completely w/the OP...Acura services just does not get it. My Nissan dealer gave me better service than Acura. It will be a factor when we buy our new truck soon....if I'm paying 45-60K....I want lip prints all over my posterior.
I get excellant service from the acura dealer (Lehigh Valley Acura). we have owned nissans and the dealer we bought our maxima from had the worst service department (arrogant, obnoxious service advisors) we took it to another dealer for service which was excellant. we ended up buying a truck from them.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little sensitive, are we? I don't see any problem with what he said...
Old 07-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Honda does engines.

Maybe the Lexus dealer has some jerks as well, but my guess is that they're a little better paid, have more experience, have better training and are probably a little older than the punk 20 somethings I dealt with the previous two times I had my oil changed at the dealer.

OK, I should check the oil every time I fuel up, but sometimes I don't. Is it unreasonable to ask the dealer to check the oil and let me know what the level is before they change the oil?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Honda does engines.

Originally Posted by joerockt
A little sensitive, are we? I don't see any problem with what he said...
The dealer should be more accomodating than other service shops considering you're paying extra to get the job done right and be treated with respect. I wasn't asking anything unreasonable with my request to check the oil level before the oil change. I'm just saying that a better response is, OK, we'll take a look at it and let you know what we find.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:17 AM
Race Director

the one thing about Acura that kind of sucks is their customer service. i took my TSX for service at one dealer i think it was McGrath and they ended up scratching my rim after service. so, i haven't gone back there since.

the other places i've gone to, Arlington, Napelton, Continental, and Libertyville Acura dealers all give good service, but I think it was Arlington said that I have no rattle on my front drivers side window. i told them it's there and this morning while not listening to the radio or cd, i can still hear it!! annoying!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I agree somewhat to what the OP has to say, perhaps what he said wasn't wrong at all, but you know, just that little bit of attitude in their voice could change the tone of that saying completely. I've had this kind of crap at the dealership once, and told them to either drop the attitude or I'd take my future service and purchases to a different dealer. That being said, I got a different service manager (a much better one that treats me very pleasantly), but still get a dirty look from the same dumbass that gave me an attitude.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Honda does engines.

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
I agree somewhat to what the OP has to say, perhaps what he said wasn't wrong at all, but you know, just that little bit of attitude in their voice could change the tone of that saying completely. I've had this kind of crap at the dealership once, and told them to either drop the attitude or I'd take my future service and purchases to a different dealer. That being said, I got a different service manager (a much better one that treats me very pleasantly), but still get a dirty look from the same dumbass that gave me an attitude.
Someone knows what I'm saying. The tone is exactly what I'm talking about. My next move is to go to an independent Acura/Honda shop that I used to work at. It's a bit of a drive for me, but I know the owner and some of mechanics even remember me. The only reason I will go to the dealer is to get warranty work done.