Import cars stink

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 01:15 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Import cars stink

Howdy. I dunno why you guys keep worshiping them german and chinese cars.
I've a neighbor that jsut bought one of those TZX and boy let me tell ya, they aint that good. I curentely own a 1998 chevy malibu v6 and that's a hell of a car. It makes any import feel like a plymouth or sumfin. About 10 years ago America used to make sume of the worst cars around. But things have changed and it now makes one of the best cars in the wolrld. I dont like dodge that much but any chevy is betta than a mercedes. GM owns BMW and ford owns jaguar. Thats why we now built some of the best cars in America. have you seen the new F-150? Boy that thing looks good. what about the 2004 chevy malibu? but my favorite is teh pontiac grandprix. Hell I'd take a buick over a BMW.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:21 AM
Cruisin'

am i missing something or are u in your own little world? and since when does GM own BMW? whatever u are smoking u definitely should stop right now
Old 08-06-2003, 01:21 AM
Acura Fan

CBS has a candidate for it's new show
Old 08-06-2003, 01:26 AM
Inspired

I try my best not to stereotype but judging from your attitudes and location, I'm desperately trying to keep my trap shut.

Enjoy your Chevy, they make decent trucks. Their cars for the most part suck. Enjoy the Malibu, I sold tons of them when I worked at Honda. Why? Because people traded them in for Accords

Oh by the way, most Honda's sold in the US are BUILT/DESIGNED and their parts are sourced from the good ol' USA.

And also for your information sir, Honda has a HUGE factory in your state of Alabama that keeps your fellow citizens employed.

Enjoy being a blind member of the General.

Happy
Orientals
Not
Driving
American
Shiznit
Old 08-06-2003, 01:28 AM
9th Gear

You guys just dunno what ur talking about. i can tell u've never driven a cadillac. hell yeah, that thing is good. by teh way i meatn to say GM owns cadillac.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:30 AM
Inspired

I have driven Cadillacs, most have not impressed me. The latest offerings are far better and will hopefully improve GM's image. Its about time someone at the General woke up and smelled the coffee.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:33 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Import cars stink

Originally posted by Dixie Boy
Howdy. I dunno why you guys keep worshiping them german and chinese cars.
I've a neighbor that jsut bought one of those TZX and boy let me tell ya, they aint that good. I curentely own a 1998 chevy malibu v6 and that's a hell of a car. It makes any import feel like a plymouth or sumfin. About 10 years ago America used to make sume of the worst cars around. But things have changed and it now makes one of the best cars in the wolrld. I dont like dodge that much but any chevy is betta than a mercedes. GM owns BMW and ford owns jaguar. Thats why we now built some of the best cars in America. have you seen the new F-150? Boy that thing looks good. what about the 2004 chevy malibu? but my favorite is teh pontiac grandprix. Hell I'd take a buick over a BMW.
Uh Howdy. Could this be a "post of the month" winner?
Old 08-06-2003, 01:37 AM
Inspired

LOL Jason. Well his worst nightmare is about to come true... Honda is going to BUILD a pickup for model year '05 and its going to be (drumroll) a UNIBODY! Thats right folks, Honda has determined that most people don't need a unibody for what they are using their trucks for...

By the way Dixie, if Chevy keeps it up, they are going to be going bankrupt in the near future. They've got the union talks coming up soon (Honda doesn't have unions), they're losing market share (Honda is up 12% over last year) AND GM is using incentives left and right to "lure" people into buying their vehicles... its not working. Oh... did I mention that Honda is at the BOTTOM on the list of car manufacturers to use incentives?

Enjoy the Malibu troll!
Old 08-06-2003, 01:42 AM
Acura Fan

I agree with Dixie...I is gonna paint my Chevy Monte Carlo orange and weld the doors shut. Watch out M3 owners! Yeehaw.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:49 AM
9th Gear

i can tell you import-car lovers dont know trucks are the best selling vehicles in America. No import car maker builds a truck (exapt for toyota) cause they aint got the "know-how". the only people who can build a decent truck is americans cuz they build them for americans. But i'm talking about cars. car and driver said the pontiac grandprix is better than the bmw. boy, my chevy is betta then a bmw. I race'em all the time. imports dont work for me cuz for me a car must have a v6 in it otherwise i aint driving it.
you need to drop by a gm dealership to check out soem of those new cars. tell me what you think about the new Impala SS. that thing will definatly smoke any acura out.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:53 AM
Inspired

Dixie Boy, I hate to burst your bubble but the new SS is rumored to be powered (drumroll again) by Honda! Yes folks thats correct, the same J35 V6 found in the Honda Odyssey is going to be used.

If you don't believe me... well Saturn ALREADY uses it in their V6 Vue SUV.

Also, we "import lovers" DO know a bit about trucks. Nissan has the Titan if you didn't already know that. And the Toyota Tundra is an arch rival to the Big 2 1/2's vehicles.

Its not about "know how", its about needs. Anyone and I mean ANYONE can build a truck. Body on frame design has been around since the beginning of freakin' carriage makers in medieval Europe.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:00 AM
9th Gear

what? a honda truck? honda wants to be like chevy now? i would never buy a honda truck. as a matter of fact i wuold never buy any import. Boy you betta start reading the news. gm makes tons of lots more money then honda. and they will never go backrupt cuz real americans jsut buy american automobiles. you gonna tell me now that the impala aint good? are you danm crazy?
Old 08-06-2003, 02:01 AM
Inspired

Trucks are VERY easy to build/design. They are also incredibly CHEAP to manufacture. They have totally different MPG/emission requirements.

Trucks DO have the advantage of having a ladder frame, this is useful for towing. Since most people in the real world do NOT go off-roading nor do they tow more than 3,500 pounds, a ladder frame SUV is not needed.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:05 AM
Inspired

Yes, I will say the Impala isn't very good. Its a FWD car that is intended to be like the imports! GM is the one trying to be like Honda in this case.

GM doesn't make a lot more money than Honda does. GM in fact, loses money on a lot of the cars it makes and only manufactures them to keep a market share. It makes its money on trucks.

Define a "real" American automobile. Honda has been building cars in America with American parts since 1982. They've been building motorcycles in the US since 1977.

A Ford Focus is built in Mexico, so is a PT Cruiser. Most of the parts found in Chevy's come from Asia. Go ahead and look at the sticker at a dealership for yourself.

Also, I DO read the news, several times a day in fact and I subscribe to numerous auto journals.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:13 AM
Inspired

gm makes tons of lots more money then honda. and they will never go backrupt cuz real americans jsut buy american automobiles.
Hmm... ever heard of Oldsmobile... Plymouth.. Studebaker... Pierce Arrow... AMC ? They were all American and they went bankrupt, sorry to burst your bubble there turbo.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Inspired

imports dont work for me cuz for me a car must have a v6 in it otherwise i aint driving it.
I have a V6 in my import. I'll race you in your Impala anyday. Unless its a '94 or so SS Impala, I'll take you on.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:20 AM
More On

Hey, give the guy a break. So he said GM owns BMW, he meant Cadillac. So he made a little mistake -- big deal!
Anybody can make a mistake, I even make on myself ever now and then. BMW, Cadillac, they really about teh same. GM owns BMW, GM owns Cadillac. Big del.

So get over it, dudes! Anybody can make a mistake, is my philosophy. Sheesh.
Banned

I can't believe you dummies let this monkey yank your chain. :wackit:
9th Gear

i dont care about them parts or whateva. all i care about is that the only american cars are gm, ford and chrysler. and the impala has been around for decades and even my grandfather used to drive one back a longtime ago. so it would never try to emitate an import. tthe truth is that lexus are jsut lincoln copycats. and bmw keeps buildin cars that look like bad copy of cadillacs. come on! u sonnubitches just duno whut u're talkin about.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:21 AM
Inspired

Mistakes don't bother me one bit. I'm just giving the troll a taste of his own medicine
Old 08-06-2003, 02:24 AM
More On

H3's rigt, BWM just emitate cadillac is the truth, if truth be told. So what's the prolem. Decades, been around for decaades -- how can u compar? Dont flam a guy just cause he mad a mistake, is my philosophyl.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:24 AM
Inspired

i dont care about them parts or whateva. all i care about is that the only american cars are gm, ford and chrysler. and the impala has been around for decades and even my grandfather used to drive one back a longtime ago. so it would never try to emitate an import. tthe truth is that lexus are jsut lincoln copycats. and bmw keeps buildin cars that look like bad copy of cadillacs. come on! u sonnubitches just duno whut u're talkin about.
Chysler is owned by the Daimler autogroup, also known as Mercedes. They are no longer American.

The Impala your grandfather owned is NOTHING like the Impala of today. It is totally different. Thats like saying a Ford Probe is just like the original Mustang (the Probe was almost called the Mustang)

Lexus copies Mercedes, they would never copy Lincoln.

BMW is in their own little world and I don't see any similarities between BMW and Cadillac.

We do know what we're talking about.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:27 AM
More On

I have oinwed BWM and my dad oinwed Cadillac so I thik I can saflyh say I am expert on the sujbect, in my humbl opion. And I say hes rigt, OK? Edn of dicsusscion. Pedriod. Thank yhou very muh.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:28 AM
Inspired

Thats your discussion, end of your period.

I don't see Cadillac and BMW as having ANYTHING similar other than being premium brands.

BMW is known for its incredible handling. Cadillac has some of the softest suspension systems known to man.

Driving a BMW is almost punishing in terms of the harsh ride. Cornering is amazing in almost any BMW. I can't say the same about Cadillac except for its latest "sport" cars.

Cadillac's have HUGE overhangs on the front and rear. BMW's have VERY little overhang by the wheels.

I don't see ANYTHING similar at all. but since you're the expert, i'll defer to you and your admirable typing skills.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:33 AM
More On

Re: Import cars stink

Howdy. I dunno why you guys keep worshiping them german and chinese cars. ....
Hyu dudes we forgot to dicsucss Chinese cars.....
Old 08-06-2003, 02:35 AM
Inspired

I wasn't aware that China even had a domestic auto industry. BTW, Honda as well as Mercedes are going to be building cars there soon (exporting to local Asian countries only)
Old 08-06-2003, 02:38 AM
More On

Originally posted by kenbiddulph
I wasn't aware that China even had a domestic auto industry....
Porves how much you know! To wit:

Hond
Tyota
Datsn
Matza
Sab

And many others to nuymerus to menton.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:39 AM
Instructor

dun tell me he called japanese cars chinese cause u know all asians look a like making us all chinese
Old 08-06-2003, 02:39 AM
Inspired

No... I meant an auto company founded and based in China. Many other companies have been building scooters and motorcycles in China for 10 years or so.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:40 AM
More On

Originally posted by d-rock
dun tell me he called japanese cars chinese cause u know all asians look a like making us all chinese
u said it.
japanes chines.
BWM Cadillac,
Cadillac BWM.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:41 AM
More On

(j/k)
Old 08-06-2003, 02:42 AM
Inspired

Originally posted by Crazytree
LOL, not chain yanking at all. I find it fun actually. When I sold Honda's I'd have big burly looking rednecks come out of their trucks trying to pick an "intellectual" fight over import vs. domestic. One other guy and I had so many facts to back us up that most of those hillbillies left with their tails tucked between their legs.

To me its not about domestic vs. import, its about buying the best product for the money vs. blindly following a company that "cares about America" (cough cough bullshit!)
Old 08-06-2003, 02:49 AM
More On

Dixie - your opion would be more authoritory if you try a ride in your neighbor's TZX. And tell us re it.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:51 AM
Racer

This is why not everyone should be allowed to vote. Or at least be on the internet!
Old 08-06-2003, 03:22 AM
Houston we have a problem

Ladies and gentlemen, stop letting that Dixie redneck get to you. He is obviously someone who put 20 inch CHROME wheels on his tire, bolt on some CHROME exhaust tip to his car, and claim he had the best car in the universe. Look at his post! He can't even spell correctly! How do you expect him to do such complicated tasks like evaluating which car is superior. Let alone driving!

You ALABAMA boy, go check your car's specification! 3.1L (do you know how to read metric system?) only gives you 170hp!!! and 190lb/ft or torque!!!! No wonder GM wants Honda to make their engine. AND the fuel economy is not any better than any other Japanese or German engine. Yeah, Malibu is one hell of a car. It gets you from point A to point B, but guess what, we will get there sooner AND use less fuel than you. Plus, when we sell the car, we'll get MORE money back, and most likely with NO MAJOR problem with the car yet.

The finger it's waving is the middle one, if you have problem interpreting it.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:23 AM
Houston we have a problem

Malibu. Scoff!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 04:39 AM
A- GERMAN CAR HATER

A BUICK OVER A BMW????? I FUCKIN' HATE BMW, AND I'D TAKE ONE OVER A BUICK...OH AND WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT, I HATE YOU TOO......PEACE
Old 08-06-2003, 05:09 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by Crazytree
Man, did you ever hit the nail on the head. I can't believe that, to this point, we have given this obvious troll a three page thread. Doesn't everyone realize that this is exactly what he wants? This isn't an import / domestic "debate". Just look at the title of the thread - apart from being one of the only examples of this chucklehead managing to correctly spell three consecutive words, it is clearly meant to be provocative.

The thing with trolls - if you ignore them they dry up and blow away.

Just my $0.02

Jaeger
Old 08-06-2003, 06:13 AM
Instructor

Wut I can't beleeve is dat u peepel aktually wer beleeving larchmont!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 06:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
BWAAAAAAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA.....( takes breath)....AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAH....
Oh brotha, where art thou?

Quick Reply: Import cars stink