I'm glad i bought my TSX instead of the TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Got Phó?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad i bought my TSX instead of the TL

I just looked at some of the pictures that the TL guys had to offer and boy, compare to our cars, we looks wayyyy better. I mean to me, the TL looks like a fat kid. And the Interior, ours is the best.( i like RSX red interior ) What do you guys think? What made you buy the TSX instead of the TL? My reason is the price, I consider my TSX " best bang for my bucks " and now, to looks wayyy better then the TL.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I would've bought the TL if I had the means to. It may well be a bit fatter, but to say the TSX looks waay better is a stretch, I don't agree with the TSX interior being nicer than the TL's, exception made for the cluster guages, and with the equipment provided, the TL seems just as good a bang for the buck than the TSX.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I picked the TSX over the TL mainly over price and economy. I do like the styling of the TL better, nice lines. But the TSX is more fun to drive.........
Old 06-14-2005, 08:03 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
I picked the TSX over the TL mainly over price and economy. I do like the styling of the TL better, nice lines. But the TSX is more fun to drive.........
I would have probably prefered the TL if i could justify spending the extra money, I think the TL looks nicer. Oh well, maybe in a couple years. SH-AWD will be out by then anyway
Old 06-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Quattro in.....

I went with the TSX b/c it was perfect for my needs. Nice car with great interior and lots of options, not to big and agile to get around traffic. If they didn't have the TSX in stock with my options I may have gotten the RSX-S.

The TL is a great car but it was a little bigger than I'd like for a commuter car. If I didn't need the car for my daily commute I may have gotten the TL.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:25 AM
GSI
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got a TL Loaner and was impressed by the torque rich engine and extra interior room. The TL was not our when I chose my car and even if it was I could not afford the darn thing. Great car but you just can't beat the value that you get from the TSX.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Race Director

Id rather the TL for the engine...thats really it.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:40 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
I'd prefer a Audi RS4
Old 06-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jiggaman
I'd prefer a Audi RS4
yeah...right.... I prefer an Enzo!

I bought TSX because
1, it is made in Japan
2, sweet 6MT
3, handling, handling & handling
4, fold dwon rear seat

Since TL is not made in Japan so I even didn't consider it.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RMATIC09
Id rather the TL for the engine...thats really it.

Engine only! It was a just tad bit too big for me. A smigin too bulky.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:43 AM
6MT & LSD

as a TL owner, i should disagree with you, but i can't. most of the modified TSX's i see on this board are so sweeeet!!

and sometimes, i swear the TL and the saturn Ion look very similar...

imo, modified TL's look bad ass whereas TSX's look classy as hell. i can't comment on the 6MT, but if it's smoother than the one on my car, i can't even imagine how big the grin on my face would be.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:12 AM
STi'd

I like the TL...just didn't want to pay that much for a car and wanted something a little more tossable. Maybe my next car will be a TL, but that ain't happening for a long time!
Old 06-14-2005, 11:13 AM
My Love & My Life

hmm, why did i buy my tsx? because i couldn't afford my dream car i like the car. best bang for $$.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:38 AM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by CJams

Engine only! It was a just tad bit too big for me. A smigin too bulky.
For me, the engine was something I did NOT want. SOHC, old design, powerband designed for low-end, etc. Not to mention all that power on a FWD? No thanks! In a few more years, the K24 will really be rich with mod potential.

On the other hand, if the TL had RWD with a K32.....

I still love the TL: better interior, better lines, etc -- However, at this point in my life, I prefer something more sporty and agile like the TSX.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Advanced

Hi, long time lurker, new member here...

For me, I bought the TSX because its perfect for my needs. Yes, its a little underpowered but its good enough for my daily driving. I love the interior styling and exterior of the car. The TL is a nicer car but thousands more than I can afford at the time I was buying.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ianS
yeah...right.... I prefer an Enzo!

I bought TSX because
1, it is made in Japan
2, sweet 6MT
3, handling, handling & handling
4, fold dwon rear seat

Since TL is not made in Japan so I even didn't consider it.
hmm yet another confirmation many Asians are Japan-philic
Old 06-14-2005, 04:10 PM
YBA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sauceman
I would've bought the TL if I had the means to. It may well be a bit fatter, but to say the TSX looks waay better is a stretch, I don't agree with the TSX interior being nicer than the TL's, exception made for the cluster guages, and with the equipment provided, the TL seems just as good a bang for the buck than the TSX.

The TSX sterring wheel looks much better than the TL... Now they have to reduce it's size and it would be perfect...

The main difference between the 2 is mainly the driving dynamics... Different driving feelings...

Both cars offer a great deal for the money...
Old 06-14-2005, 04:12 PM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by YBA
The TSX sterring wheel looks much better than the TL... Now they have to reduce it's size and it would be perfect...

The main difference between the 2 is mainly the driving dynamics... Different driving feelings...

Both cars offer a great deal for the money...
i couldn't agree with your more. i absolutely hate the 4 spoke steering wheel on the TL... i wonder if the TSX steering wheel would fit in the TL. does anyone know??
Old 06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Professional Newbie

ndx2, you'd lose your bluetooth controls

i got the TSX because while the TL may be faster in numbers, its just not any fun to drive for me

not to mention i'm 17 and can't complain about getting even a scion
Old 06-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Acuraluvr's (TL Forum) take

My opinion would be obviously biased on this thread, but i dont think the TSX is wayyyy better than the TL......

comparing them is lik comparing an E320 to a C320 or smthing, apples to oranges

Both are great buys, both hav great content for the price and both hav been judged leaders in their category by numerous people and magazines

i cant agree that the TSX is a wayyy better car than the TL but that the TSX is no-doubtedly a great car
Old 06-14-2005, 05:37 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if i had the money, i would have bought a TL.

obviously i didn't but do not regret my TSX. After five months, i am still in love with the car. yea i wish it had a bit more power but is perfect for me in every other aspect. perfect size since most of the time it's just me in the car. fun to drive and as someone else said, it looks classy. still get a grin when i walk out every morning to go to work and see the car in the parking lot and when i'm driving to work.

maybe my next car will be a TL when i need a bigger car...
Old 06-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK I gotta tell the truth.....I was gonna get the TL....but they wouldn't give me the the TL key chain with it.....So I said screw you guys! I'm gonna talk to the guy on the other side of the room and buy a TSX........
Old 06-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
To me, the TL is a larger TSX.
They look so similar, to say one is better looking than the other is absurd.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
I like the TL's interior, the TSX's exterior. Though the TL has better wheels.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by matelot
hmm yet another confirmation many Asians are Japan-philic
old asians prefer german cars cuz of their 'prestige' or whatever buzz words people like to use.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Pro

ahhh, all you TSX owners just have to find some tiny little problem with the TL to justify buying a TSX. you know its better just admit it. dont get me wrong, the TSX is a beautiful car, i just prefer getting around in just a bit more class
Old 06-15-2005, 09:45 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by massr1
ahhh, all you TSX owners just have to find some tiny little problem with the TL to justify buying a TSX. you know its better just admit it. dont get me wrong, the TSX is a beautiful car, i just prefer getting around in just a bit more class
You own a TL?
Old 06-15-2005, 09:56 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
You own a TL?
Probably not.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:03 PM
6MT & LSD

age 17, post 7... pretend you didn't see the post, guys.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:21 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Class owns you kid.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
send me a link to JDM??

well thats really the difference between TL owners and TSX owners, we prefer to have more fun getting around...
Old 06-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Nick

Of all cars we looked at, we narrowed the field down to the TL and TSX; I preferred the TL and would have sprung for the extra $5000 and recommended we do that; but my wife preferred the smaller feel of the TSX and since it was primarily for her daily use and she writes that check, we got the TSX. I really like it, all around very nice car.

When my old bomb '89 Legend sedan starts to show signs of major distress, which it isn't yet in spite of my best efforts I'll be looking at the TL for my next nice daily beater unless I can find a deal on a slightly used/demo new RL ...the brand new full price RL would be over my budget for my daily driver replacement.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I love the TL

I think if I really, really wanted to, I could have stretched my budget to get one. But there were several things that swayed me back to the TSX.

The biggest reason being first:

1) Made in Japan. Sorry, I just feel it's better quality. I dont mean to offend any Americans here.

2) The Lease rate offered on the TSX was better...by a full percentage point.

3) Paying less for a car means more options. No intake, wheels or skirt if I would have gotten the TL.

4) They don't have a really cool blue in the TL. The blue is way too dark, might as well get the Nighthawk Black.

5) When I test-drove the TL, I did notice the power to the front wheels was too much. (I prefer MT).

Otherwise, I find the styling on both cars to be top notch. I actually prefer the styling over the RL, which for the money, I feel should have been more "WOW". But I like the TL, and if they address 2 or 3 of the issues above, I may get one next. If they wow us with SH-AWD and the price doesn't go crazy...dude....I may have to give up danishes in an effort to afford it.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Pro

no, technically its not mine, it's my mom's, but i do drive it quite a bit and know quite a bit about cars. i think i'll step out of this tsx thread before i get told! enjoy your cars guys
Old 06-16-2005, 04:34 PM
My Garage

no, technically its not mine, it's my mom's, but i do drive it quite a bit and know quite a bit about cars. i think i'll step out of this tsx thread before i get told! enjoy your cars guys
Ever driven or been in a TSX?
Old 06-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After owning a 2002 RSX Type S, I can say I love all the Acura models; RSX, TSX, TL and RL! I spent some time with a TSX and TL, while my RSX was in for service, they were both auto trans, so being a 6MT guy, I did not get the full feel for either car at the time. The TSX is a light feeling, nimble and very well balanced car, I look long and hard at it before buying my 2005 TL. The features on the TL vs the TSX is what really swayed me; 5.1 surround dvd sound, bluetooth and more luxury appointed interior for comfort (I live in my car for my job!). The straightline performance, very good handling and general power is incredible as well.
The payments were only about $50 a month apart as well.

Cant go wrong with either car, great choice both ways, it comes down to personal choice...
Old 06-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What are you talking about? Many of the TSX owners agree with you. If you read the messages, you will see that there are more than a few who have admitted that they would prefer the TL but it was out of their price range. Hardly anyone is on here saying the TL sucks b/c of some tiny problem.

FWIW, I liked the TL very much also. It's much faster and smoother and it's interior is nicer (though I'm not a fan of the red/white/blue gauges). The TL's sound system is much better and it has bluetooth.

I was ready to pay cash for either and I think both cars are tremendous bargains even at MSRP considering what you get, but I chose the TSX for 3 reasons:

1) No flip down rear seats in the TL. I need this b/c it's the only way I can carry my bikes and I didn't want to get a roof rack or a rear trunk bike rack.

2) I preferred the more nimble handling of the TSX over the TL. I liked how the TSX drove like a smaller feeling car than the TL.

3) I had to buy an automatic b/c of my wife and I didn't want to take the chance of getting an auto trans TL due to all the problems people were having w/ failed auto transmissions in the 2nd gen TL and pretty much all V6 Hondas and Acuras. Since I was planning to keep my car for 7-10 yrs, I wanted to ensure that I didn't have any major powertrain issues.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:29 PM
MSZ
Lola

i think i'll step out of this tsx thread before i get told!
Don't forget to check out the TL forum kid. You will find lots of infos for your mom like:

-How to fix the non-stop rattles from everywhere in the car
-How to improve the boat-like handling by getting new tires and better suspension
-When to get a new 5AT tranny
-How to improve the poor gas mileage
-How to fix the temperature reading error

Jesus christ I won't pay that much money for a huge rattlebox.

TSX > TL
Old 06-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MSZ
Don't forget to check out the TL forum kid. You will find lots of infos for your mom like:

-How to fix the non-stop rattles from everywhere in the car
-How to improve the boat-like handling by getting new tires and better suspension
-When to get a new 5AT tranny
-How to improve the poor gas mileage
-How to fix the temperature reading error

Jesus christ I won't pay that much money for a huge rattlebox.
TSX > TL
Hey, too each there own, no need to bad mouth. My RSX Type S had rattles and it was built in Japan...
Old 06-16-2005, 06:00 PM
MSZ
Lola

Originally Posted by Hugh9269
Hey, too each there own, no need to bad mouth. My RSX Type S had rattles and it was built in Japan...
Because Integra...err I mean RSX is CHEAP. Mazda 3, Lancer and Impreza are all made in Japan and they are all well known for having cheap interiors and rattles.

Quick Reply: I'm glad i bought my TSX instead of the TL