If it wasn't for bad luck......

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX CSI
I was on my way home from a friends house to showre and change and get ready to go out. Of course it was a torrential downpour when i left, so as i was driving i hit a 4 inch deep puddle on a road with no shoulder. I began to hydro plane, and before the VSA kicked in, the TSX was up over the curbing and i was sliding sideways. THe car finally came to a stop about 10-15 off the road into some heavy brush.
You know what, you're right. Nowhere in that post did you say you were speeding or even driving dangerously. The fact that you were already sideways when VSA kicks in leads me to believe you were going pretty fast but then I think your point is if it weren't for the pothole you probably would have been OK. That sucks. Sorry it happened to you.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:09 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Damn, i was just trying to tell peole about what happened and i already admitted that i was at fault and that I made the mistake. Its not that i didnt know the road, I have driven it before. I am sure that everyone that reads this post is a perfectly law abiding citizen that never drives above the speed limit (by the way the road i was on was a parkway rated for 55) so needless to say i wasn't flying. I wasn't even passing other traffic, i was just going with the flow. Oh, and its not that i lack driving skills, i just lacked judgment at that moment in time. I am no Mike Schumacher but I can hold my own. I wasn't showing off like an asshole riding a bike, i was just trying to get home. I just hope i see Waad driving in NY one day, we'll see what a perfect driver he is. I didn't come looking for a fight from anyone or for any sympathy, I was trying to educate people from my stupidity. If you dont like it, sucks for you
The wonderful world of internet forums
Old 06-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jlukja
You know what, you're right. Nowhere in that post did you say you were speeding or even driving dangerously. The fact that you were already sideways when VSA kicks in leads me to believe you were going pretty fast but then I think your point is if it weren't for the pothole you probably would have been OK. That sucks. Sorry it happened to you.
He said he was doing 60mph in a "torrential downpour". I guess definitions of that might be different. To me, that would mean you have the wipers on full blast but still have limited visibility.

And TSX CSI, when you post something like this, you should expect responses/opinions, positive or negitative
Old 06-02-2005, 10:01 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
And TSX CSI, when you post something like this, you should expect responses/opinions, positive or negitative
you know what you're right.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm a llama :(

were you braking while hydroplaning?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:01 AM
3rd Gear

I can already tell Gibson6594 just like to sit out of the conversation and prod people to urge on arguments. His posts have nothing to do with the forum topic at hand, are short and just try to rile people up. He sits back like some old wise Yoda wanna be, and give tips like:
"Internet forums, bad they are"
Old 06-03-2005, 09:43 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by John Waad
I can already tell Gibson6594 just like to sit out of the conversation and prod people to urge on arguments. His posts have nothing to do with the forum topic at hand, are short and just try to rile people up. He sits back like some old wise Yoda wanna be, and give tips like:
"Internet forums, bad they are"
That about sums it up

Most people would get fired up from a post like that, but I'm happy. You've come to these conclusions after being here 1 day and seeing about 3 of my posts. You know nobody here and understand even less. I've been here a while and nobody has had a problem but you. Hey, it's a big internet, so if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

You probably don't know it yet, but you can read my past posts, check em out...if you still feel like bitching, PM me and i'm sure we can work out our problems. I never insulted or said anything bad towards you, if I were you I'd be a man and apologize.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
That about sums it up

Most people would get fired up from a post like that, but I'm happy. You've come to these conclusions after being here 1 day and seeing about 3 of my posts. You know nobody here and understand even less. I've been here a while and nobody has had a problem but you. Hey, it's a big internet, so if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

You probably don't know it yet, but you can read my past posts, check em out...if you still feel like bitching, PM me and i'm sure we can work out our problems. I never insulted or said anything bad towards you, if I were you I'd be a man and apologize.
I am with GIBSON on this one...

John Waad ==
Old 06-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Top notch 6MT

Damn, i was just trying to tell peole about what happened and i already admitted that i was at fault and that I made the mistake. Its not that i didnt know the road, I have driven it before. I am sure that everyone that reads this post is a perfectly law abiding citizen that never drives above the speed limit (by the way the road i was on was a parkway rated for 55) so needless to say i wasn't flying. I wasn't even passing other traffic, i was just going with the flow. Oh, and its not that i lack driving skills, i just lacked judgment at that moment in time. I am no Mike Schumacher but I can hold my own. I wasn't showing off like an asshole riding a bike, i was just trying to get home. I just hope i see Waad driving in NY one day, we'll see what a perfect driver he is. I didn't come looking for a fight from anyone or for any sympathy, I was trying to educate people from my stupidity. If you dont like it, sucks for you
It's part mistake, part bad luck... I have hit deep standing water and have been lucky to have got away without incident.

As for Michael Schumacher (never heard of him being called Mike, haha), we can discuss about him in some other thread some other day Much to say on F1, I have. (I am watching Eps3 today, give me 2 weeks after that, that talk will wear off, I swear....)
Old 06-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Don't worry dude, just last week I was driving on the interstate that I have been on thousands of times and this time the drain happened to be backed up and I went through deep water at 65 mph (posted speed limit). Lucky for me nothing happened and I just went right through. It really made my heart skip a beat. I don't think that I am an agressive driver, but I don't think that just because it is raining that you have to drive with your panties on. I think it is just a situation of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, something that can happen living in NY. I know NY streets, I lived there the first 18 years of my life and learned to drive there. I will vouch for you that they are unpredictable at best and have many potholes that frequently have standing water in them (even if it hasn't rained in a few days).

Main thing is that you are ok. Cars can be fixed easier than you can be.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NightShredder
I don't think that I am an agressive driver, but I don't think that just because it is raining that you have to drive with your panties on.
I drive with my girlies panties on when it rains! Is that wierd?
Old 06-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CJams
I drive with my girlies panties on when it rains! Is that wierd?

Aren't you the guy in another thread that wanted breasteses so you could rule the world? That is weird, I think that you would look like a weird dude with breasteses. At least you can wear pants over your panties.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by NightShredder

Aren't you the guy in another thread that wanted breasteses so you could rule the world? That is weird, I think that you would look like a weird dude with breasteses. At least you can wear pants over your panties.
Yes, he IS that guy! On second thought, maybe it was a good thing that I couldn't meet up with him when I was in Seattle last week

aaam... when did he mention he wears pants over??!?