I won't ever complain about Acura loaner cars..

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't ever complain about Acura loaner cars..

This is what my mazda dealer gives for loaners, no matter what you bring in for work.

I dropped off my 2002 Tribute yesterday morning, and they kept it overnight. They were doing the 30K maintence, and installing a new mirror and sunroof motor.

The focus isn't a bad car, but the one they gave me is. It's loud, and the plastic inside is very cheap. Enterprise didn't even wash it before they gave it to me, it still has the previous renters crap in it.

Of course, the one night I'm without my 4WD it snows.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Instructor

My girlfriend just dropped her Nissan Xterra off for her 30k at my Acura/Nissan dealer. She got a focus too! I dont know about your's, but does the turn signal sound in the focus drive you CRAZY?
Old 01-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Banned

If my Acura dealer loaned Kias... I'd be happy. As it is... they offer you a ride home... although unlike most dealerships... they'll pick you up too.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:39 AM
bleh...

Its better to get something as a loaner car than have to sit and wait for your car to be service, even if the car isn't that great.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Jersey ---> Maryland

Originally posted by Agent_Chen
Its better to get something as a loaner car than have to sit and wait for your car to be service, even if the car isn't that great.
thats what im saying...when i had my audi and i browsed the audi forums, everyone complained about the loaner car they received. i guess self image is everything to them. just consider yourself fortunate to have such a nice car.

there are people who drive these "loaners" as their everyday car. they probably wished they had a nicer car, but arent fortunate as some people to have that nicer car.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Racer

That's definitely true.

I just don't understand why Enterprise doesn't wash their cars before their rented. The car is disgusting inside; there is still trash from the previous renter.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We're lucky. Since we're a new dealer, we get the hook up. We've got about a dozen for now, more to come later. Our loaner fleet has a pretty good amount of RSXs (which is normal), but we've also got some TSXs, and a supply of even a couple TLs and MDXs.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by ssm_tsx
I just don't understand why Enterprise doesn't wash their cars before their rented. The car is disgusting inside; there is still trash from the previous renter.
most of the time it's ppl earning min-wage cleaning these cars...or they might've been busy
Old 01-09-2004, 11:22 AM
dnb
in search of PW threads

Originally posted by ssm_tsx
I'm not making an excuse for Enterprise, but it's quite possible that running a car rental place is harder in the winter. Think of all the cars from which you have to remove snow and/or ice in the morning.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Pro

This is one of the things that I never understood. A car company give you another manufacturers car to drive? I guess they want you to be in the most stripped vehicle possible so that you think your car is great when you get it back.
This is where BMW rocks! When I bring my car in for service, they have the loaner running outside ready to go. And guess what? YOU GET ANOTHER BMW! I brought in my X5 and got a 5-Series for the day, kind of a fun change of pace.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by Buff-Daddy
This is one of the things that I never understood. A car company give you another manufacturers car to drive? I guess they want you to be in the most stripped vehicle possible so that you think your car is great when you get it back.
This is where BMW rocks! When I bring my car in for service, they have the loaner running outside ready to go. And guess what? YOU GET ANOTHER BMW! I brought in my X5 and got a 5-Series for the day, kind of a fun change of pace.
I agree. I think that the dealer should give you the next model up from your current car to tempt you with it, not give you some POS from another company to make you feel happy with what you've got.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:00 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Buff-Daddy
That is not specific to all BMW dealers. It could be you have a well run or a lower volume dealer in your area. In SoCal I brought in my 02 330CI(sold it)for service they gave me a Mazda Protege and its yellow. I said hurry up and fix the bimmer...plz.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:05 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I saw that Acura of Serramonte gives out TSXs for loners.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
John Eagle in Houston gives TLs & TXSs as loaners - I love my dealer.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Racer

I just got a call from the service advisor. They're going to be keeping my Tribute until Monday. The sunroof parts they were supposed to order in August haven't come in yet.

If you get a loaner bmw/tl/tsx do you have to put premium gas in them? One of my neighbors just bought an '03 325I service loaner. It's got every option except for the sports package.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Maybe Enterprise didn't clean it because it's a loaner? When we rent from Enterprise, their cars are always cleaned on the inside and outside, gas tank is filled. I know that they probably get paid by the dealer for giving you the loaner, but who knows.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Pro

Originally posted by justinjsw
That is not specific to all BMW dealers. It could be you have a well run or a lower volume dealer in your area. In SoCal I brought in my 02 330CI(sold it)for service they gave me a Mazda Protege and its yellow. I said hurry up and fix the bimmer...plz.
I'm pretty sure this one is high volume and it is very well run. And they always have the best donuts out. I stopped in to see the new 5-Series, but really just wanted a few donuts.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Cruisin'

I took my wife's Escape in for service a few months ago and they gave me a pos Focus like that as a loaner too. I was driving home from the dealership and noticed the thing pulled to the left badly. As I turned around to take it back the oil light came on. I popped the hood once I was back in Enterprise's lot and there was nothing but black sludge on the dipstick. It looked like the oil had never been changed in the 23000 miles of the car's life. I asked the manager to come take a look and he was pretty embarassed, apologized and gave me a new 2004 Escape with 2000 miles. The Ford dealer had my car for a month waiting for parts but I didn't care because I got to drive a comparable car. It cost them over $650 though, thankfully I had the extended warranty that covered it.

That experience, in addition to many other bad experiences with American cars/dealers, is why I bought an Acura this time.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:36 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

You guys think you've had it bad just wait to you hear this horror story. I used to own a caddy, I bought it new and it was a POS- but that is not the point. When I purchased the car the salesperson(whom I had bought 9 new vehicles from in the course of 5 years) told me if the car ever needs to come back for any work whats so ever, though it won't so don't worry about it, we'll give you a caddy to drive of equal or greater value. Well they lied. When ever they had to keep my car over night(it happened often, everything broke on it) they gave me a car I called "the mule" it was a 1987 olds cutlass ciera wagon with 200k+ miles on it. After I dropped off my 1999(new at the time) caddy they give me this piece of crap to drive. A focus would have been welcomed compared to what I was given. In any case I would strongly advise everyone here to stay clear of Cadillac, unless of course you want to get to know the guy in the service department real well.