I think I got a good deal!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 11:55 AM
My other "car" is a 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I think I got a good deal!

Last night, I just completed a very trouble-free deal with one of the internet salesmen at Stevens Creek Acura (Santa Clara, CA) for an Arctic Blue AT (no NAV). The car was a "demo" with 1900 miles on it... in fact, it was the same car I test-drove 3 weeks ago!

I got a pretty good deal on it: $25,250 (incl. dest, cargo tray, mud guards, and wheel locks).

I originally had based my negotiations on the price without dest, but after I sat down with the financing lady, I noticed that the destination charge was included in the vehicle price (as it was not a separate line-item on the purchase contract). So, I got an even better deal than I thought! Woohoo!

I think I got such a good price because:
A) it was a "demo" car
B) it was near month's end
C) it was 8:30pm, the dealership had had a very busy day, and the general sales manager was tired, and, according to my salesman, he said "OK, sell him the car already. I want to go home."

My wife and I even got a free pizza out of it while we were waiting for the paperwork to be gathered!
Old 07-29-2003, 11:58 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: I think I got a good deal!

Originally posted by XPLORx4
Last night, I just completed a very trouble-free deal with one of the internet salesmen at Stevens Creek Acura (Santa Clara, CA) for an Arctic Blue AT (no NAV). The car was a "demo" with 1900 miles on it... in fact, it was the same car I test-drove 3 weeks ago!

I got a pretty good deal on it: $25,250 (incl. dest, cargo tray, mud guards, and wheel locks).

I originally had based my negotiations on the price without dest, but after I sat down with the financing lady, I noticed that the destination charge was included in the vehicle price (as it was not a separate line-item on the purchase contract). So, I got an even better deal than I thought! Woohoo!

I think I got such a good price because:
A) it was a "demo" car
B) it was near month's end
C) it was 8:30pm, the dealership had had a very busy day, and the general sales manager was tired, and, according to my salesman, he said "OK, sell him the car already. I want to go home."

My wife and I even got a free pizza out of it while we were waiting for the paperwork to be gathered!

Congrats. And the on the bright side of getting a demo, you dont have to suffer through the break-in period
Old 07-29-2003, 11:59 AM
More On

Re: I think I got a good deal!

Originally posted by XPLORx4
.....My wife and I even got a free pizza out of it while we were waiting for the paperwork to be gathered!
The whole pizza, really, or just a couple of slices? (To me, that's the make-or-break.)

Congrats -- sounds pretty good to me.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

You did get a good deal! I was at Stevens Creek last week and test drove the same car. I would have picked it up too except that I didn't like the color. Congrats though! BTW, who was your salesperson?
Old 07-29-2003, 05:55 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

Originally posted by bluesky
You did get a good deal! I was at Stevens Creek last week and test drove the same car. I would have picked it up too except that I didn't like the color. Congrats though! BTW, who was your salesperson?
Eric, one of the internet/fleet sales managers. Great guy to work with. If you work with internet managers you don't have to "haggle" as much as with the other guys.

Sunnyvale Acura is going to be bummed, because they really wanted to sell me a car, but they didn't have a blue one in stock. By the way, they've got a sweet-looking meteor silver (and a carbon gray) on the lot now, and they seemed desperate to move these things by the end of the month (2 more days)!
Old 07-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Not trying to burst your bubble, but... The price of the car would have been $26,495+500+cost for the access which I am estimating at $200. Making the total about $27,200. Which Means you got almost $2k off the price. But in exchange for saving the money your car has almost 2k miles on it, and we aren't talking about highway miles here. We are talking about test drive miles.

Good Luck with your TSX! I'm sure you'll love it!
Old 07-29-2003, 07:25 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

Originally posted by briny319
Not trying to burst your bubble, but... The price of the car would have been $26,495+500+cost for the access which I am estimating at $200. Making the total about $27,200. Which Means you got almost $2k off the price. But in exchange for saving the money your car has almost 2k miles on it, and we aren't talking about highway miles here. We are talking about test drive miles.
There's really no bubble to burst. I'd put 2K miles on the car in 7 weeks anyway, and as far as I'm concerned, it's still "new"... the floorboards and the door sills still have the plastic wrap on them.

I wanted a TSX, and I didn't want to pay anywhere close to MSRP... this was the way to do it. The "less than 10 miles on the odometer" thing is not that big a deal to me. Even with those 1900 "hard"/test-drive miles (during its breakin period, too), I expect the engine will still last at least 100,000 miles, and by that time, I might have outgrown the car anyway.

Good Luck with your TSX! I'm sure you'll love it!
Thanks! I've already read 3/4 of the owners manual, and I don't even have the car in possession yet!
Old 07-29-2003, 11:26 PM
Instructor

Now that I sold my current car private party ($3 - 4k more than what dealerships were offering me via trade in), I'll be visiting Sunnyvale Acura and Steven's Creek Acura soon.

Problem is, that very few dealers have the car I want: Arctic Blue, Nav, Auto. I'm thinking that maybe a road trip to LA is in order...
Old 07-31-2003, 02:28 AM
M_M
3rd Gear

I rushed to Stevens Creek today after work, and there was only 3 TSX left there. All of them are manual... and the Meteor Silver one that you mentioned (which is the main reason I went there) was already sold before it arrived....

Most dealers are only willing to discount on the cars they have at hand massively, and Meteor Silver are usually sold before they arrive... So God knows when will I get my TSX..... :'(
Old 07-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Intermediate

I am waiting for my meteor silver to come in (just a couple more days hopefully!). I was still able to get a good price (about $1k below MSRP) without my car physically being on the lot. If everything goes as planned, my wait time will have been 2 weeks, which is not too bad of a wait to get the exact car you want. Hang in there!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 04:06 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

M_M: the meteor silver model was at Sunnyvale Acura, not Stevens Creek. (This was on Monday, 7/31.)