I love my honda license plate

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my honda license plate

It looks like a few months I'll be moving into kansas. so I get to take off my front license plate. well when washing my car this weekend I noticed that the front plate bracket has worn off some of the paint from the front bumper.

so instead of just leaving it empty I was wanting to get a special (fake) plate for the front. I was wondering if they even make a license plate like that? if they do, where can I get one? I've been looking and I can't find any.

also wasn't sure where to put this, so mods please feel free to move it as necessary.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Advanced.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a nice cheesy one on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/I-Love-My-Honda-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Racer

thanks, but that's just a license plate frame. I was hoping there might be an actual license plate version.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Racer

go to the dmv to do it. duh
Old 05-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gftgrill
thanks, but that's just a license plate frame. I was hoping there might be an actual license plate version.
http://www.shop.com/op/~UCLA_Bruins_...-prod-27557997

try that. i think that's what you mean. you have to scroll down to see a pic. it's basically an image instead of the license plate, but i think that's what you were going for. hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you can always just buy some sheet metal and get a vinyl sticker made, or you can go to a sign making shop.

Eiher one should work out for you.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mikeucla
http://www.shop.com/op/~UCLA_Bruins_...-prod-27557997

try that. i think that's what you mean. you have to scroll down to see a pic. it's basically an image instead of the license plate, but i think that's what you were going for. hope this helps.
yes, that's what I was talking about.

Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda
you can always just buy some sheet metal and get a vinyl sticker made, or you can go to a sign making shop.

Eiher one should work out for you.
that's not a bad idea. I wonder how that would hold up in rain and at a power wash though.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by daicacharco
go to the dmv to do it. duh

you go dmv to buy one of this??

Fake Mugen version

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARBO...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Once you move to Kansas, I'm sure you'll see vanity front license plates everywhere. It was never an issue when I was in Florida.

Also if you went to college, you can buy one from your school or one of the bookstores near by. That's what I'm going to do if I ever move from Texas. Or buy one with your favorite sports team.

http://gatorzone.teamfanshop.com/COL...to_Accessories has tons for the Gators for example.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Instructor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...em220113191427

Just saw this on ebay, thought you or someone else looking at this thread might be interested.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Racer

You should put one of those black and white lady-with-big-boob profile pictures that you always see on truck-driver's mud-flaps! That would get a lot of attention. Or a Playboy bunny logo!
Old 05-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
It looks like a few months I'll be moving into kansas. so I get to take off my front license plate. well when washing my car this weekend I noticed that the front plate bracket has worn off some of the paint from the front bumper.

Maybe take it to a pro detailer as see if they can clean it up a little?

Worst case a body shop could fix it too. Any pics of the damage?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx

Maybe take it to a pro detailer as see if they can clean it up a little?

Worst case a body shop could fix it too. Any pics of the damage?
this is what it looks like. I'm not going to pay to fix it. I'll just wait until the whole bumper is worse and just have the whole thing repainted and remove the bracket at that time.

I ended up getting this plate.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

That looks nice and clean.

One of the local malls has a shop where they sell all sorts of plates with designs, and then you can get names airbrushed on, or whatever. So there are a lot of options if you look around.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Racer

Just in case you forget you own an Acura, install another Acura logo, below the Acura logo on the grill, and make sure it says "ACURA" below the second logo...so you don't forget.

Reminds of the first generation BMW Z3 that had the BMW logo on all four sides of the car.

Why not a picture of Hugh Hefner instead?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Zoopa
Just in case you forget you own an Acura, install another Acura logo, below the Acura logo on the grill, and make sure it says "ACURA" below the second logo...so you don't forget.

Reminds of the first generation BMW Z3 that had the BMW logo on all four sides of the car.

Why not a picture of Hugh Hefner instead?
I should just rebadge the car to all "H" logos and then put that on. then combine that with the TL wheels on it, no one would know what I drive.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Racer

I should just rebadge the car to all "H" logos and then put that on. then combine that with the TL wheels on it, no one would know what I drive.
Yeah, and since you've got the awesome Milano Red, you can slap some yellow Ferrari prancing horse logos on the front fender, like on an F430!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
this is what it looks like. I'm not going to pay to fix it. I'll just wait until the whole bumper is worse and just have the whole thing repainted and remove the bracket at that time.

I ended up getting this plate.

Yeah, that rubbed all the way through the paint didnt it...thats why I dropped the front plate the very next day after I bought mine. Cant stand that stuff.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Instructor

Putting any kind of plate on the front is a cop magnet, at least in Michigan.

In Michigan, State police tend to target out of state vehicles (ones with front plate) so that when they bust em for speeding, they would not come to court and fight it. Who would drive all the way from Kentucky just to fight a speeding ticket in Michigan?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx
Yeah, that rubbed all the way through the paint didnt it...thats why I dropped the front plate the very next day after I bought mine. Cant stand that stuff.
the dealership put it on for me because it's required in missouri. I don't want to pay for a no front plate ticket.

Originally Posted by Daffunda
Putting any kind of plate on the front is a cop magnet, at least in Michigan.

In Michigan, State police tend to target out of state vehicles (ones with front plate) so that when they bust em for speeding, they would not come to court and fight it. Who would drive all the way from Kentucky just to fight a speeding ticket in Michigan?
I'm not sure how that'll work here. as half of the city is in kansas and the other half is in missouri. but I hardly drive on the freeway so I don't worry about it too much.