Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 01:27 AM
Got Milk???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No

I make sure all 4 windows are opened when I let out some egg-rotten fart. As for boogers, I'm with Pcaultie
Old 06-12-2004, 01:38 AM
I'm allergic to bull

Update: I Just Realized That I Don't Fart In The Car!
Old 06-12-2004, 01:41 AM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
you have to think for months and months about what license plate frame to get? haha
Old 06-12-2004, 02:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. no

I don't even wash the car that much.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:27 AM
Intermediate

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. no

My car is fairly new; so I also follow behind friends and family when they're "admiring " my car with a cloth to wipe away those nasty fingerprints on the windows and chrome.

I'm also in the stage of very explicit rules on entering and exiting cars in the garage.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:15 AM
Intermediate

yes yes yes yes!! in fact i just got my plates today, i hate to free advertise for the stupid dealership. they werent THAT great to me...
Old 06-13-2004, 02:51 AM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Theres some planning involved in safely parking.

First off NEVER park way out in the end by yourself. It's just asking for some asshole to mess with the car because...well people are assholes. Try to aim for the middle of the lot where theres 3-4 open spots. Try for the middle of those.

I try to park next to the islands at all times. Then when I do I park really close to it that way even if someone does park next to me they have plenty of room to open the door. I'll even take the very front spot if there an island there. Also somtimes the lots are painted with ..."spacers?" at the end. Usually about half the size of a parking spot at the end of the row to keep everything even. Find those and you can park on it only using half of your spot. Then the one side exposed to other cars is far away like when parking next to the islands.

Another good spot is next to the handicap spots. There's less chance of someone parking in it next to you and theres the yellow lined boxes next to them so you can park up to the edge of those without worries.

Minvans are good to park next to because they have the sliding doors.
Avoid 2 doors if you can. For the most part they have longer doors increasing the chance of hitting you car. If you have to park next to someone try to make it another nice car that the owner is most likely to care about also. Less chance of them hitting your car since they don't want to damage thier own.

If you're at a restuarant try to park where you can keep an eye on the car even when in one of the safe spots.

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
well, i guess we're all in the same boat. :P

i think i asked this before, but do u guys look in your rear view mirror sometimes when u drive to make sure if the guy behind you is following too close to your TSX? or when you're at a stop light, you look also in ur mirrors to see if the person behind you stopped too close for comfort near your TSX?

2 reasons for this logic are you don't want them to tailgate you or worried about getting rearended.
I do that in every car I drive. I also leave a decent gap in front of me in case someone stops on my ass I can move forward more or if they hit me I won't get pushed into the car in front of me....hopefully

What really pisses me off is when I pull forward a foot to get away and the asshole behind me follows. WTF is the point of following me forward another foot. Your not going to get through the light any faster jackass. Usually when the do that I back up a little bit at them (always watching thier eyes to make sure they're watching) until they stop then I pull back forward. I did this to some dumb bitch 3 times before she got the point. Then I see her look to her passanger and say what the hell? or something along that lines.
/rant

Originally Posted by msmy
yes yes yes yes!! in fact i just got my plates today, i hate to free advertise for the stupid dealership. they werent THAT great to me...

...just don't use a frame.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Instructor

Please don't discount scratches

Hey - don't forget if you park close or in the middle sometimes people departing or coming from a parking lot will accidently brush up against your car - kids included. So yes - park far away.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I AM PARANOID!!!...I always park at the last space in a row or if I can't find one...I wait...it doesn't matter if it's far...as long as my baby doesn't get hurt...I don't mind the walk...
Old 06-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Race Director

yeah, nothing wrong with walking, we get more exercise that way
Old 06-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

I also usually prefer parking in reverse or backing in to a space...I wished that our side mirrors were like the MDX's where when you put it in Reverse, the passenger side mirror tilts down so that you're able to see the line or how close you are to the curb...
Old 06-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by dabuda2004
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. no

still dent free *knock on wood*
Still dent free, thank God. I almost had one yesterday from a mini-van. My baby was parked about 50 yards away from Target with nothing even within 20 yards of me and this with a red mini-van decided to park next to me. I noticed it as i was walking out and saw a kid of about 9 opening the door and it was parked so close that i knew it was going to ding the door. I ran with my bags to the car and luckily, he stopped the door to yell at his mom. I stood there at my door so he would not be able to fully extend the door and waited for them to leave. How many other people have run into this situation where you park far away from everyone else and you walk out and some jackass with a POS has parked next to you. What are they expecting, the glare from your car to wipe away the rust and crud from their car .
Old 06-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Instructor

I had a very similar situation, a clapped out 88 Accord rolls up next to my TSX when it was a month old. I was in the same situation, I'm parked way out at the far end of the lot , practically out in Nebraska or something. I think they saw me running towards the car and decided not to get out after all...Good ! Their door range would've definately dinged my door. The girl gets out and I just smile and motion, after you ..as I stood there ready to intercept.
You know , in Germany, even though they're generally way too terse and uptight. (Sorry German readers...) but in Germany, if you touch someones car, its just like an accident regardless of how minor.
That's what we need here in the US, People are just way too careless with any and everything that they're not paying for !
I guess that's why there is litter everywhere you look...people just don't care.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

This one time I was at the Irvine Spectrum and I park at the end of the row as I usually do... As I was walking back...I saw an S500 pull next to the spot I was in...she had 3 kids about roughly 6 years of age...when I saw them trying to get out...I thought they were gonna hit my car because she parked so close to me...so I did something that anyone who loved their car as much as I do would do... :thinking: I hit the "PANIC" button... and the kids shut their doors...The mom got out of the car wondering why my alarm went off...so i went up to her and told her that I was paranoid and that I thought her kids were gonna hit my car...she understod and told me she was the same way...she waited until I pulled out of my spot beofre she let her kids out of the car...

On a sidenote...before I got into my car...she told me that I had a nice car and that she would be paranoid too if she saw a car full of kids pull up next to her...
Old 06-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by TSX 3Pedal
This one time I was at the Irvine Spectrum and I park at the end of the row as I usually do... As I was walking back...I saw an S500 pull next to the spot I was in...she had 3 kids about roughly 6 years of age...when I saw them trying to get out...I thought they were gonna hit my car because she parked so close to me...so I did something that anyone who loved their car as much as I do would do... :thinking: I hit the "PANIC" button... and the kids shut their doors...The mom got out of the car wondering why my alarm went off...so i went up to her and told her that I was paranoid and that I thought her kids were gonna hit my car...she understod and told me she was the same way...she waited until I pulled out of my spot beofre she let her kids out of the car...

On a sidenote...before I got into my car...she told me that I had a nice car and that she would be paranoid too if she saw a car full of kids pull up next to her...

now that is "love"
Old 06-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kaikai114
now that is "love"
No kidding! It reminds me of this commerical I saw on TV, that this guy saw a shopping cart rolling across the parking lot about to hit his car. So this guy ran for the shopping cart and tackle it to save his car.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Littering and.....

Yes to all, but the license plate. Definately leave a car length between me and the car in front of me at a stop light also and get pissed when someone is driving too close behind.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Mud in your eye!

well, i guess we're all in the same boat. :P

i think i asked this before, but do u guys look in your rear view mirror sometimes when u drive to make sure if the guy behind you is following too close to your TSX? or when you're at a stop light, you look also in ur mirrors to see if the person behind you stopped too close for comfort near your TSX?

2 reasons for this logic are you don't want them to tailgate you or worried about getting rearended.

Yeas to the first 3, and number 4...got my frames the first week!

I'm always looking in the mirrors when I stop etc...

And NOBODY eats in the car...that includes myself, I do eat snacks but that's it.

I park pretty far where ever I go, always the last spot or beside a curb.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Banned

let get a group therapy special

maybe we should find a shrink that will do a group special

Old 06-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

i think i asked this before, but do u guys look in your rear view mirror sometimes when u drive to make sure if the guy behind you is following too close to your TSX?
One time I did that, I was the one to rear-end somebody. Looonnng story with a lawsuit in the end...:shakehd:
Old 06-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Banned

>>And NOBODY eats in the car...that includes myself, I do eat snacks but that's it.

Not flaming ya, but then it's just a matter of time, which I think soon, that all kind of food will be served up in the car....
Old 06-16-2004, 06:35 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
god damn it. Noticed today that someone liked my valve stem caps enough to take them.....I hate people
Old 06-16-2004, 06:56 PM
a girl with an acura...

1. yes
2. yes
3. depends on my hair
4. no, not yet
at work, i park next to a support pillar and back in, since the person who usually parks next to me pulls straight in and never has a passenger.

my car is 6 weeks old. the day after i bought it, my bf and i went to the grocery store to get some ice cream. i parked at the end of the lot, no one anywhere near me and only one car at a steeper incline.
we came out of the store and thanks to the higher than my old camry's ride height, all i could see was the wheels of a shopping cart on the other side of my car. i RAN to my car to see if the cart had rolled down and hit me or bounced off.
luckily, nothing! WOOO

not so lucky this past sunday -- took my car to circuit city to have my roady installed -- i had been using fm mod, so my antenna was already on the roof, just once in the car, it was run open in the car. i told the install tech to hide it inside, but roof mount was fine.
he didn't think so, he SLID THE ANTENNA OFF MY ROOF!!!! and moved it to the trunk.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! didn't notice the scratch until i was at costco pumping gas. flew back to circuit shitty and freaked out on the install manager (the install tech was gone, didn't tell anyone he scratched my baby). so now i have a scratch. c-shitty is paying to have it fixed, but i don't know if a simple buffing will do it.

sorry for the rambling--had lots to share!

girl with an acura who cussed that c-shitty guy like a sailor