View Poll Results: How many times do you glance back after parking your TSX?
I don't glance back.
2.78%
1-2 times
64.81%
I've got issues. Over 3 times.
32.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

How many times do you glance back after getting out of your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 03:18 PM
VSA Rocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many times do you glance back after getting out of your TSX?

I thought I only had this problem after putting some nice wheels on my Integra. I often catch myself looking back at my beloved TSX 3-4 times after parking. Think that's bad? Here's the kicker: Its bone stock on the outside.

My wife often says to me, "Why do you keep looking back? Its not going anywhere!"

I wonder how many here have the same "problem." How many times do you glance back?
Old 08-17-2005, 03:25 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I do it every time, she's just beautiful
Old 08-17-2005, 03:28 PM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
I do it every time, she's just beautiful
i do it, not caue of her beauty, i make sure there are enough space for all the FAT people this country have to get in and out of their car without opening the door on mine
Old 08-17-2005, 03:29 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
@ this thread.

At least twice, and its usually a glance so people don't think I'm nuts.

If this car didn't look so good I'd have probly got rid of it ages ago.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hahah the TSX is beautiful thats normal.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
@ this thread.

except for the "getting rid of" part.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by dom
@ this thread.

Double

I definitely make sure that no ones looking when I do my multiple glance backs, LOL I just can't stop thinking how sexy my car looks
Old 08-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Thriller

looking back

I always look back cus I always think I forgot to lock the doors. I even go back after walking 1/2 block away and re-check. Is that a syndrome or what??
Old 08-17-2005, 04:03 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by Howard911s
i do it, not caue of her beauty, i make sure there are enough space for all the FAT people this country have to get in and out of their car without opening the door on mine
to that... I've seen way to many fat asses that don't have any respect for other people property just swing open the door to fit out their fat ass and hit cars... its freakin absurb.

My car has already gotten hit twice (the most recently this weekend) in parking lots and I'm convinced that's because its teh same fat asses that can't turn the wheel enough because of their giant gut...

lol funny story thats off topic. I have an old british car, a 1964 Sunbeam Alpine, and I'm in a car club. Every year we go to Lime Rock Raceway and auto-x our cars. There is this good friend of mine (huge fat guy) that has a 1978 triumph spitfire, awesome auto-x car. So he get up to the line to auto-x for the first time and wails through the course. I'm talk ultra fast. He gets to the end to find out he has 9 penalties... LOL in 3 laps! It's awesome cause he was telling me he's too fat to turn the wheel fast enough to make the turns... I love the guy but that scares me
Old 08-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Racer

I was IN my car reading this weekend when some dumb 16 yr old girl just slammed her door open into my car. Their family looked at me horrified while I got out, did an inspection, and lectured her. No dent or scratch luckily. But I was astonished that people are so careless. I was in the car for christ's sake!
Old 08-17-2005, 04:12 PM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by moodytsx
I always look back cus I always think I forgot to lock the doors. I even go back after walking 1/2 block away and re-check. Is that a syndrome or what??
Obsessive Compulsive DIsorder
Old 08-17-2005, 04:13 PM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
to that... I've seen way to many fat asses that don't have any respect for other people property just swing open the door to fit out their fat ass and hit cars... its freakin absurb.

My car has already gotten hit twice (the most recently this weekend) in parking lots and I'm convinced that's because its teh same fat asses that can't turn the wheel enough because of their giant gut...

lol funny story thats off topic. I have an old british car, a 1964 Sunbeam Alpine, and I'm in a car club. Every year we go to Lime Rock Raceway and auto-x our cars. There is this good friend of mine (huge fat guy) that has a 1978 triumph spitfire, awesome auto-x car. So he get up to the line to auto-x for the first time and wails through the course. I'm talk ultra fast. He gets to the end to find out he has 9 penalties... LOL in 3 laps! It's awesome cause he was telling me he's too fat to turn the wheel fast enough to make the turns... I love the guy but that scares me
MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
Old 08-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Thriller

Originally Posted by theElio
I was IN my car reading this weekend when some dumb 16 yr old girl just slammed her door open into my car. Their family looked at me horrified while I got out, did an inspection, and lectured her. No dent or scratch luckily. But I was astonished that people are so careless. I was in the car for christ's sake!

I cringe reading that cus we all go thru that...yet some people will just not give a shit about other people's property in a parking lot. And the supermarket parking lot is the worst...loose shopping carts all over the place. They're armed with heat-seeking guidance systems looking just for your car to slam into.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:21 PM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by moodytsx
I cringe reading that cus we all go thru that...yet some people will just not give a shit about other people's property in a parking lot. And the supermarket parking lot is the worst...loose shopping carts all over the place. They're armed with heat-seeking guidance systems looking just for your car to slam into.
you know how to avoid that? I park as far away from the entrance/exit as possible. cause how many times have you seen those lazy fat ones circle round and round and round endless for that front door spot while there are many empty spaces just 50-100 feet down. i park as far down as possible, not a problem since!
Old 08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Guinea Pig

I have issues! I still look back and think, is that really my car that I just got out of? Man I love that car! As a matter of fact I think I will go out and take a look at her right now....
Old 08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by Howard911s
you know how to avoid that? I park as far away from the entrance/exit as possible. cause how many times have you seen those lazy fat ones circle round and round and round endless for that front door spot while there are many empty spaces just 50-100 feet down. i park as far down as possible, not a problem since!
yeah but sometimes its just too crowded...
Old 08-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Advanced

I went to lunch at a restaurant yesterday, lost my sense of direction while inside, sitting down by a window table and I saw this black TSX parked out there. I said to my friend " wow there is one looks just like mine, that person did good!" She looked at me like I was some kind of nut.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Disway
I went to lunch at a restaurant yesterday, lost my sense of direction while inside, sitting down by a window table and I saw this black TSX parked out there. I said to my friend " wow there is one looks just like mine, that person did good!" She looked at me like I was some kind of nut.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Drifting

i voted for more than 3 times. but, um, that's because i need to make sure the doors are locked. oh, and the windows are all rolled up. yeah, that's the ticket.

actually, i always do a double-take just to make sure the car's going to be ok. i don't trust the people that park next to me.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm a llama :(

The time that I look back at my car the most is at dusk. That's when it looks the best.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
used to be 3+...now it's about 1-2
Old 08-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Instructor

yeah but sometimes its just too crowded...

If it's that crowded, I'll come back.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Advanced

Like the saying goes... great minds think alike! Yea, I look back like 3+ times. In addition, I always try to find either a nice corner spot, or park far away.

You know what really pisses me off... when I go out of my way to park far away from everyone, only to come back and find some big ass piece of shit car parket right next to you with about 1 foot between cars... what the F was wrong with the other hundred parking spots much closer to the entrance?!?!?!?!?!

Back when I had my 99 Civic Si, I parked in a corner spot at work... it was a pretty big spot, and I even park extra close to the curb just to allow that much more space between cars... when I walked to my car to go out to lunch, I found a big ass Suburban backed in between my corner spot, and the car in the next spot to me. No joke, he the Suburban was like 6 inches from my car, and he was backed in, so I don't know how the F he got out maybe out the back?! I proceeded to start my car, pull out of the spot and inspect it... I didn't see anything, but just to teach the bastard a lesson I nearly broke my ankle when I kicked in his drivers door! I put such a big dent in it that I'm not sure his window would have rolled down! The part that sucks is that I could never again park in my beloved corner spot again in fear of retaliation
Old 08-17-2005, 07:25 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
BMW 3 Series, TSX both look good

Even though i ALWAYS put people first over Objects, I gotta say I love my TSX.

I looks like cross design of a 2004 BMW 3 Series, gotta love it! Even the interior is similar to the 3 series. Too bad I cant put AC Schnitzer parts on my TSX!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:33 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by Kris05TSX
Like the saying goes... great minds think alike! Yea, I look back like 3+ times. In addition, I always try to find either a nice corner spot, or park far away.

You know what really pisses me off... when I go out of my way to park far away from everyone, only to come back and find some big ass piece of shit car parket right next to you with about 1 foot between cars... what the F was wrong with the other hundred parking spots much closer to the entrance?!?!?!?!?!

Back when I had my 99 Civic Si, I parked in a corner spot at work... it was a pretty big spot, and I even park extra close to the curb just to allow that much more space between cars... when I walked to my car to go out to lunch, I found a big ass Suburban backed in between my corner spot, and the car in the next spot to me. No joke, he the Suburban was like 6 inches from my car, and he was backed in, so I don't know how the F he got out maybe out the back?! I proceeded to start my car, pull out of the spot and inspect it... I didn't see anything, but just to teach the bastard a lesson I nearly broke my ankle when I kicked in his drivers door! I put such a big dent in it that I'm not sure his window would have rolled down! The part that sucks is that I could never again park in my beloved corner spot again in fear of retaliation
dude... you're an ass...

If someone did that to you I'm sure you would flip the fuck out just like alot of us. Its really hypocritical to sit there and say you would hate it if someone hit your car and then to go and mess up someone elses stuff. Damn dude... that's just wrong. I mean, you don't know, maybe the lot was full and that's the only place he could park. He was probably really careful not to hit your car and then you go pull some fucking ass stunt like that... the guy was probably crushed when he came out.

I'm blown away right now, just because someone parked close to you you go and cost them hundreds of dollars of damage...

damn I can hardly believe someone would be that cruel and misguided... I hope he finds you and instead of messing up your car he messes you up...
Old 08-17-2005, 09:41 PM
cmf
ATCer

I do it way too often, especially if I just got done cleaning it.
Since I park so far away from anywhere I go to avoid door dings, I have a good long walk and a lot of neck pains.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
G2 TSX

It has become a problem. Not glancing back, but being able to find a parking spot. Instead of being able to park like a normal human, I resort to circling the lot to find a spot I feel comfortable with. Next to two door coupes with long doors and big cars are a no-no. I also try to look for a corner spot to decrease the probability of a potential ding to one side of the car. Lucky for me at work, I get to take up all the spots I want on the 4th floor.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Faster, please.

Definitely a couple times, almost every time, especially the back of the car. I think the TSX has a great rear. Alright, now I'm starting to freak myself out.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Race Director

I've looked once or twice to see how nice the car looks. Also to look if I've parked alright and not crooked or too close to the line. I want to give a lot of space so that sometimes I hope that the car parked next to me has a lot of room so that the car door won't be anywhere close to the TSX. The question for me is that I look at the sides of my car and the front and back everytime I come back to my car just to see if there are any dents or scratches.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
I've looked once or twice to see how nice the car looks. Also to look if I've parked alright and not crooked or too close to the line. I want to give a lot of space so that sometimes I hope that the car parked next to me has a lot of room so that the car door won't be anywhere close to the TSX. The question for me is that I look at the sides of my car and the front and back everytime I come back to my car just to see if there are any dents or scratches.
I do the same thing.

dude... you're an ass...

If someone did that to you I'm sure you would flip the fuck out just like alot of us. Its really hypocritical to sit there and say you would hate it if someone hit your car and then to go and mess up someone elses stuff. Damn dude... that's just wrong. I mean, you don't know, maybe the lot was full and that's the only place he could park. He was probably really careful not to hit your car and then you go pull some fucking ass stunt like that... the guy was probably crushed when he came out.

I'm blown away right now, just because someone parked close to you you go and cost them hundreds of dollars of damage...

damn I can hardly believe someone would be that cruel and misguided... I hope he finds you and instead of messing up your car he messes you up...
I agree completely. Kris, you're an ass. He should have just backed up right into your fender.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Advanced

dude... you're an ass...

Dude... chill the F out. I'm a very fair person, and I admit... it was not a nice thing to do, and I'm not necissarily proud of it... I was just sharing a story being we are all passionate about our cars on here. I was very young back then, and had just gotten my brand new Si, so I was especially passionate about it and it really pissed me off that you can go so out of your way to try to take care of something, and you get people like the dude in the suburban that don't give a fuck. Honestly... there were plenty of other spots around, and the truck was in bad shape, so I doubt that they really cared. And just for the record, I seriously doubt that I would do such a thing now, unless maybe I did find some damage.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Racer

unless maybe I did find some damage.
This makes you no better. What if the guy left cuz he saw he damaged you. Then another unsuspecting person parks next to you and you end up busting up someone's ride for no reason. This is what insurance is for. Grow up.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by theElio
This makes you no better. What if the guy left cuz he saw he damaged you. Then another unsuspecting person parks next to you and you end up busting up someone's ride for no reason. This is what insurance is for. Grow up.
You're absolutely right... there's no excuse for it. I'll keep my comments to myself next time
Old 08-17-2005, 11:20 PM
TSX

I only look if there is enough space between the other cars so they won't ding my car.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:00 AM
send me a link to JDM??

you can go so out of your way to try to take care of something, and you get people like the dude in the suburban that don't give a fuck.
but he was obviously careful not to hit you, right? cause you said he backed in and there was no damage...

and was it really him that didn't give a fuck? cause in that senario it looks like it was you. But I'm glad you'e grown up. Sorry I was harsh, its just tough for me because my car has gotten hit twice in the past month, tiny hits, not dents, just scraping off the paint... and it kills me, like I hurt so bad when it happens... cause I care about my car so much and someone else doesnt... and those were obviously accidents. I don't really have the money to get it fixed so it sucks.

If someone did to me what you did to him I just don't know what I would do. But seriously I'm glad you've grown out of that phase.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:16 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I usually try and not park beside any GM, Ford or Chrysler, especially if they're aged. But all the door dings on my car show that I can't always do that.

BTW, the vast majority of them were collected at Wal Mart (they're my customers).

Demographics?
Old 08-18-2005, 07:23 AM
Advanced

I only usually look back to:

A. Make sure all the windows are shut.

Or

B. Make sure the lights took themselves off
Old 08-18-2005, 08:23 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

i glance back to make sure the windows are up.

once a while i look back to admire the 3/4 views. there's something about a nicely modded car, any car.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Banned

wow deja vu - i swear there is another (very old) thread with the exact same title - not a poll thou.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Guinea Pig

Was 3 times in the first 40 feet today. Is there counciling for this?

Quick Reply: How many times do you glance back after getting out of your TSX?