How long, off-the-boat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 09:43 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
How long, off-the-boat?

So I ordered my Red/Parchment, 5AT, Navi TSX 2 weeks ago Saturday, and I got a call today saying it is on the boat from Japan currently. Anyone have any estimates about how long the boat ride is (no idea if it got on the boat today, yesterday, etc, just that it's on there), and how long I can expect it to take for it to get from SD to Philly? The dealer is saying 2-3 weeks, but they haven't been quite on the ball as far as how long my wait will be, so I have no idea.

BTW, maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find it really cool to order a car and know that some dude in Japan is building it specifically for YOU? Neither I nor anyone in my family has ever bought anything but a car off the lot (my parents aren't that picky, and they like bland-colored, dime-a-dozen Accords that are easy to find), so this whole ordering process has me kind of fascinated. Sure, the wait sucks for an instant gratification guy like me, but there is just something cool about knowing that my car has been meant for me since Day 1.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:48 AM
I'm allergic to bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I waited for about 2 weeks, CA to OH.

It did feel a little cool knowing some dudes in Jap were building my car. I hope they didnt screw up something, or I will hunt them down.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Advanced

my dealer said my car was gonna be built around april 10th, takes about 4 days to build and it won't arrive here in Maryland until May 10th.

Yep, you are right, something about the fact that a car is being built just for you all the way from Japan makes you feel like a king, like you just ordered a Ferrari Enzo
Old 04-29-2004, 03:40 PM
8th Gear

Actually the time from the boat can depend on your dealer.

All Acuras come into port in San Diego, where they go thru customs. In my case, the car was reloaded onto a boat, and sent to jacksonville, fl via panama canal (that takes about a week). then its trucked to Miami. So I would assume, cuz you are in Philly, it may be boated to an east coast port and then trucked to you.
So that puts you at another 2-3 weeks before you can take possesion of the car.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Advanced

"All Acuras come into port in San Diego, where they go thru customs"

My dealer said my car is in Portland. hhhmmmm....Why is it there? It doesn't make sense to have come in in San Diego, then ship or truck it to Portland and then to Baltimore. It makes no sense.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Racer

Originally posted by wanggo
"All Acuras come into port in San Diego, where they go thru customs"

My dealer said my car is in Portland. hhhmmmm....Why is it there? It doesn't make sense to have come in in San Diego, then ship or truck it to Portland and then to Baltimore. It makes no sense.

My window sticker says the same thing...Port of entry "Portland" and then is has something about being trucked to baltimore.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Advanced

Mine came in Port of Entry Portland and via train to Baltimore, where it was trucked to my local dealer. It took about a week for it to go cross country via train. The sales guy said they ususally go across the northern part of the US, but he had seen some routed via Dallas, it all depends on where the train is routed.

I got mine with 4.1 miles on it
Old 05-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Cruisin'

A salesman at my dealer today told me that the average time for a car to arrive in the US and clear customs was 25 days. After clearing customs, 7 days to be delivered to Indiana. As the other guys say, we'll just have to way. Sigh.........