How did you end up buying your TSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007 | 01:16 PM
Advanced

Hey Thanks PACman...
Old 12-14-2007 | 02:49 PM
Advanced

All through university, drove a really beat up '89 Corolla, the only option on it being A/C, no power groups, no nothing. That last year I drove it, the rear windshield wouldn't defrost, and it only blew cold air even in the winter, so I froze my butt off.

After graduating from university this year and finding a decent paying job, decided to reward myself with a car that I've always wanted since it first came out.

Getting a brand new one was too pricey, so I settled on a used '04 TSX in silver, with OEM kit and spoiler with relatively low mileage.

This car drives like a dream and I absolutely love it.
Old 12-14-2007 | 03:22 PM
it's a car-drive it

narrowed my choice down to either a mazda-speed 6 or the tsx. the tsx won-I do not consider it a Cheap car but not overly expensive either. It has everything i wanted-6 spd, nav, more than enough power, the right color combo. comfortable for long distance driving. I did not consider resale as i put alot of miles on the cars I drive.
Old 12-14-2007 | 10:07 PM
Fella

six months ago i was in the market for a new car..... i test drove all the cars i wanted to get... then it boiled down to four cars.... and then i picked one.... it was the tsx... it wasn't an easy choice.... it took months to decide...
Old 12-14-2007 | 10:36 PM
Drifting

My old CL got wrecked, I was expecting to keep it for another 4-5 years. It wasn't worth fixing, so my parents were going to buy me another car. I wanted the nicest car for the price (around 16k), it was either this or a new LX Civic ( ), Mazda 3 or v6 Stang.

The TSX was exactly what I was looking for. Roomy, practical, manual tranny, fun to drive, good gas mileage. And it was a car that'll still be nice in another 5-6 years. It took forever to find a 6-speed with low miles and a low price
Old 12-15-2007 | 04:42 AM
Banned

I had a love affair with the 2G Integra, got a 3G Integra when the 2G started breaking, was looking at the RSX but was talked into an RSX by my wife. I actualy saw a TSX in the showroom in 2003 while getting my Integra serviced and saw that the side profile of the TSX had a lot in common with the Integra and assumed it was the next Integra sedan with a silly rename like the RSX (maybe it was who knows). At the time I couldn't afford a new car anyway so I made an effort to not think about it but here I am now driving one. I wish I could go back in time and whisper to my old self "you'll have that in 2007!"
Old 12-15-2007 | 08:54 AM
Racer

our honda odyssey was paid off in march of 06, and my 99 corolla was getting older, so i traded it in on a 06 tsx. its like night and day.
Old 12-18-2007 | 06:21 PM
Cruisin'

Before I got my 2003 CRV, I was driving a 1995 Caravan. In the summer of 2003, I was looking for the replacement. 2004 TSX was in my list. But my wife didn't like the backend. So we ended up with the CRV.

In 2005 summer, my wife totalled her 97 Accord. She was looking for new car this time. Camry, Civic, Accord, Volvo, Matrix, VW Passat .... just couldn't remember all of them.

One day, we came to the Acura dealer. We tested the CSX, TSX and TL. The CSX was just like a lux Civic. The TL was a little bit too big for my wife. So she ended up with the TSX. No complain this time to the backend of TSX. It was the decision to get the 2005 or 2006 TSX.

We got the 2005 TSX. It was about Cad$5000 cheaper.
Old 12-22-2007 | 09:34 AM
2nd Gear

Purchasing a new vehicle hadn't even crossed my mind until I was involved in an accident with a drunk driver. My 2003 Camry SE w/ navi was sandwiched between two SUVs and was totaled. After contemplation and the receiving a fat check from the insurance company, I started searching for cars. I was always fond of the integras-RSX. I only wish Honda came out with a TSX type s inclusive of extra hop-ups.. Anyways, I purchased a 2007 Acura TSX 6-speed MT w/navi for a great costco price!!! I love it so much, and am excited for adding some mods. Good day!

-Takashi Kid

Old 01-07-2008 | 08:03 PM
Bone Stock

Last August my mom visited from Florida and I picked her up in my '96 Integra. I drive all over the DC Metro area, so we were in the car quite a while. After some requisite weaving in and out of metro traffic, she couldn't take it anymore. "I want you to have a bigger car. This just isn't safe." Well, who I am to deny mom peace of mind?

I looked at many cars-- IS250-- too expensive (but damn I loved those cooled seats). G35 was a little weird looking on the inside. Mazda 6-- loved the looks, came thiiiiis close to getting one, but it was automatic and I wanted stick.

Test drove a TSX all over DC when the salesman got lost off the Key Bridge somewhere. After rolling around town for well over an hour, I felt like the car was mine already. I couldn't go back to anything else; it just felt right. Turned out that car was in two accidents. Oops, no thanks!

The next day I expanded my search on several more internet engines (I finally tried MSN autos) and a stick model popped up not far from me. It was the last day of the month-- that and a manual transmission in the DC area, you should be getting a great deal. So I drove it and bought it a few hours later. I get compliments allll the time.
Old 01-08-2008 | 02:35 AM
Cruisin'

I've had my eye on the TSX for a while and had been driving an old '98 Corolla (great car BTW!). I ended up buying my car through Cars Direct and paid 31,039 out the door for an 08 TSX with nav. The only thing I had to haggle on when I got to the dealership was the trade in value. I took the TSX out for a test drive, signed the paperwork and was out the door after about 2 hours. Very painless buying experience!
Old 01-08-2008 | 09:58 PM
1st Gear

Just wanted a MT

I had to replace my car fast because it wouldn't pass emissions in Portland, OR and I didn't want to pay to have it fixed (97 maxima with 197k miles). The car's tabs were expired and I couldn't renew them without passing emissions. So I started looking at anything with a Manual under $23k. Thought about a Saab 9-3 aero but didn't want to deal with the repairs or a gm vehicle. Test drove a volvo s40 and it was fun to drive, but the interior was kind of blah and it wasn't much more luxurious than my maxima. But then a guy was selling an 05 TSX 6spd w/ Nav and 34k miles on it. So last Monday I test drove it and bought it the same day.

I loved my Maxima and drove it to the grave, but the TSX is such a better car and I'm loving my decision.
Old 01-14-2008 | 04:29 PM
Pro

In the previous years I've owned nothing but Honda Civics. About a year ago I was driving a 1996 Honda Civic LX 4DR w/ high mileage that I had bought for $2500 (sold for 3k). I landed a job at a TPA firm and also approaching graduation w/ a BS in Accounting, I decided to reward myself with something more upscale.

I started my search with the BMW 3series and TL. During my lunch break, I went to a BMW dealership and tested out a 325i, and was extremely disappointed. Prior to the test drive, I had never driven or been in a BMW but have heard nothing short of being a luxurious brand. The interior did not meet w/ my expectation and the premium charge to have all three packages (sport, etc.) was outrageous.

Then a buddy of mine whom works for a Dodge dealership came over to the BMW dealership to negotiate the price for me, since he, himself is a car salesman. They rejected my offer and I then test drove my now TSX which I love! More power than the 325i, more luxury amenities, more reliable, great value and a thrill to drive. I am keeping this one for awhile!
Old 01-15-2008 | 12:58 AM
Instructor

I have been reseaching 3 cars before I bought TSX... G35s, BMW328i and TSX. G35s is the best of all, but is at least $7K more expensive and more hunger for fuel... BMW price is close to 40K OTD if you want it to be equivalently equiped... and I always heard that BMW tends to break down quite often after 60K miles and a lot of $$ are required to repair them... Then I picked TSX for price, reliability, mpg and made-in-japan factor too..

I have been driving Honda for years... 86 Accord DX HB, 87 Prelude SI, 89 Integra LS, 98 Accord EX-V6 coupe and 02 TL-s.. I love them all.... the only disappointment I had with Honda is the TL-s transmission problem, engine mount wear and steering rack leak and rattling/squeaking noise on both 98 Accord and 02 TL-s... That really makes me suspect it is due to the made-in-US factor.

So far my TSX has 700 miles on it and it still feels solid.... and feels different from my 98 Accord... simply like it

Cheers,

-- william
Old 01-15-2008 | 07:44 PM
Racer

The very first Honda that i bought on my own after graduate school was a pre-own 1989 Acura Legend coupe. I kept it for a good time b/f I gave it to a friend. It was a 5 speed manual and practically bullet proof.

Second one was a 1994 Acura Legend Coupe again but this time it was a 6 speed manual. Loved that car but it was flooded in a rainstorm & the ins co paid me for it.

Third and current car is a 2002 Acura TL-S Navi, pretty much like William. I'm still driving this car now. the tranny did have an issue but that was repaired once by the dealer & now no more problems. A really nice car thoguh.

A few weeks ago we picked up an '07 TSX for my wife since she wanted a sedan but this is an AT tranny. I drove it & really like the upgrades & ride of the TSX. The front driver and pass areas is the same size as my current TL but the back seat area is a little smaller but who cares, I'm not going to be in the back, I'll be behind the sterring wheel. Now I'm contemplating getting me a 6 speed TSX with Navi.
Old 01-15-2008 | 09:04 PM
Racer

i had a accord that i paid 19000 for.. hurricane came effed it up and insurance gave me 25000 so i was like damn and started looking for cars to get .. my dad knew this guy that managed acura, lexus, bmw, audi, and some other dealers.. so i got the hookup but i chose the tsx cuz it gave me more for my money than the is300 or 325i did plus it had better gas mileage, and its a honda... i ended up gettin the navi package... like it so far
Old 01-15-2008 | 11:34 PM
Instructor

Back in 2003 I needed a new car as my 1990 Maxima no longer had 1st and 3rd gears (tranny going bad - bought used and ran for 4 years or so). The wife and I started looking at various cars... Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, etc. At the time we were seriously budget constrained and couldn't swing a big payment. I loved Acuras and once had a 1993 Integra GS that ended up totaled in an accident. We swung by the local dealership and I was checking out the RSX "just for the hell of it". Smaller than we were looking for, but I commuted long miles in it solo as we had a later model Maxima for the family.

The TSX had just come out and there was one on the showroom floor. I sat in the thing and was instantly hooked - without even driving it. I was mesmerized by the instrument cluster, seats, driving position... the whole package. Unfortunately, it was beyond budget (no discounts off sticker, no financing deals, etc.), so I took the RSX Type-S out for a spin and was hooked on that. We ended up with a NBP RSX-S and I ran with that for almost 5 years.

130K miles later, it's getting a little long in the tooth, the kids are older, the Maxima is older, I'm older and the car is racking up the miles (I know, 130K is nothing). I suggested to my wife that we should look at replacing it now and she gave the green light. I went right to the same local dealership - I wanted the TSX and I wasn't even interested in driving anything else. I had driven it many times as a loner over the life of the RSX's service history.

I've owned my TSX for a week now, and it's everything I thought it would be. CGP 6MT, no navi. $26595, incl destination. I think this thing has the best manual tranny out there. I love everything about the car... the ride, the handling, I think it's got plenty of power for me and I think the stereo is pretty damn good - I get the gripes others had, but I came from an RSX... huge difference.

My only hindsight is I should have gone Navi... would have added another $60/month, though, and we're already taking on $680/month (3 year financing at 2.9%). Couldn't justify it and I have a TomTom that has been my companion everywhere I go. Integrated would have been nice, though.

Interesting note... while we were at the dealership picking up the TSX, my wife (who "isn't really into Acuras") sat in the RDX and had the same feelings of euphoria that I had 5 years earlier with the TSX... I think that one's next for her!
Old 01-16-2008 | 08:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

I was going to buy an 06 Civic SI with Navi when they first came out. No dealer could or would order me one, so I said the heck with it, and bought the TSX.
Old 01-16-2008 | 11:14 AM
Do Work.....

Bought my TSX because i'm going to be a Dad...
Old 01-17-2008 | 01:15 PM
06-NBP

I was deciding between the IS250/300, TSX, and GTI. I wanted some thing classy with all the bells and whistles and didn’t scream “RACE ME because I think I have a fast car”. Despite the weaker of the class engine, $30K got me xenons, navi, Bluetooth, fog lights, moonroof, while the other cars fell short of either xenons or over priced options, TSX seemed to be the best deal. The car has enough pep to get me up some of the steepest hills in SF and onto the freeway at safe speeds and handles the mountainous roads.
Old 01-18-2008 | 03:06 PM
Sweet!

I was driving a '96 Ford Thunderbird, and the last year of ownership was expensive. I didn't mind most of it because I loved the car, but it started to get tiring. I had just moved out, and with the check engine light periodically coming on (scan tools are man's best friend), I didn't feel like playing the game of which sensor or component to clean/replace this time (it was like dominoes). As much as I loved the car, it was time to move on.

I had been looking at the IS300 AWD for a while and really like the car, but didn't like the price. One day I was browsing Acura's website and came across the TSX. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted it.

I hunted around the 'net for a few months until I finally found the one that was for me. I bought it and love it! 86k miles later and ritual service, it still feels like new.
Old 01-21-2008 | 08:46 AM
3rd Gear

Was having issues with the clutch on my 05 Mustang, which i bought brand new.

The clutch pedal popped twice in the last 3 months ($700 repair). Had the 60K extended warranty but ford would cover this.

So i got fed up and decided to goto foreign cars. I only was thinking of camry/accords because i wanted reliability. then heard of the TSX. Got the TSX for about $500 over invoice, and we been together for 2 days now.

so far so good. I like the heated seats, bluetooth, and headlights so far the most.

I will probably dislike the increase in payments the most

Old 01-21-2008 | 02:23 PM
Intermediate

went away for an weekend, came home my dad park the car in my driveway and told me is my chinese new year present, he got an discount from the dealer b/c of my uncle which it was nice of them