Holy Freakin Scandalous

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005 | 11:09 PM
tsxy

Holy Freakin Scandalous

OK I am pissed, and I am sorry to rant but listen to this SHIT: and this is a warning to you all!

I bought my 05 TSX in January, giving me (as you all know) 3 month free subscription to XM satellite Radio. That ended in April and I talked to someone back in April about the promo and they offered me $77. While I mainly listen to cd's, I figured what the heck, I will just get it. Ok I sent them a check, and me, being a dumbass, forgot to fill it out, I just mailed it. Oops! Anyways, got the blank check returned to me and a letter stating that my service would be deactivated if I didn't send them another check. Well I decided not to since I really don't use it anyways....and my service was cut off (only would do preview station if I put it on XM) which is what I expected and didnt really care... anyway.
WELL.....
I got my American Express bill this month and there was an XM charge for $38 something... and IM like WTF? So I looked at my last AMX bill and saw there was some $11... charge on it... so I immediately call up XM satellite radio and am like What the FUCK is going on here! (Because I NEVER gave them authorization to charge my credit card, I dont even know how they got my credit card #!!). and the woman is like "oh you called up and said you wanted to do the $38.50 whatever payment every 3 months!" WHAT! I did what!?!!? Fuck no I never did. Im like "Listen lady, why the hell would I tell you guys to bill my credit card for $38+ 4x a year when I could have just paid $77 for an entire year! It doesn't make sense! Nobody would do that!" and she said that either me, or the dealership or someone called up. "excuse me?? are you saying the dealership called up and authorized my credit card to be charged?! I dont think so" I ended up having to talk to 3 different people. It was ridiculous. I told them to give me written or verbal proof of my authorization. I ended up telling them that they had better credit my card back and what they should be doing is looking up the employee ID that took "credit (illegally)" by saying I authorized this and start questioning his ethics. Because someone is being scandalous over there and getting away with commission or some shit.

Who knows if they have done this to someone else.

So I am just telling you guys to watch out!

for the rant, but this is the last bullshit that I wanted to be dealing with .....
Old 08-27-2005 | 01:10 AM
Beware of leakage

They bascially said "Your fucked, thank you drive through"
Damn scandalous folks
Old 08-27-2005 | 02:37 AM
G2 TSX

Wow, that sounds real shady. How did they get your AMEX card number? You said you sent them a check. I had to get some extraneous charge removed as well when I re-upped with them.
Old 08-27-2005 | 12:34 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by Jack Slate
Wow, that sounds real shady. How did they get your AMEX card number? You said you sent them a check. I had to get some extraneous charge removed as well when I re-upped with them.

Im not too sure how they got my AMEX card number. That is the card though that I put down payment on for my TSX. I know that I never called and verbally gave it to them. Its very strange. I am thinking somehow they got it from Acura or it was on some paper, perhaps I gave it to them a long time ago but I know that I never told them I wanted to do the 3 month quarterly payments at about $40.

Yeah and they had two other charges on there for some pro-rated use. Im like WTF are you talking about, you better credit all of that back onto my card. All in .all in the last 2 months they have charged my credit card over $50! that is in 2 months! I had a year deal for $77. HELLOOOOO why the hell would I authorize all that?! fucking idiots....
Old 08-27-2005 | 01:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Relax. Call Amex and dispute the charge. They'll take care of it.
Old 08-27-2005 | 01:07 PM
Guinea Pig

I am gonna have to check my statements before I send the mail bomb to XM.
Old 08-27-2005 | 01:09 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Relax. Call Amex and dispute the charge. They'll take care of it.
Lol, well I am going to give XM a chance here, they have 48 hours to get back to me and credit everything. I thought it was absolutely hilarious when the woman said that "me, someone else, or the dealership called" WTF, so youre saying it is legal for someone, besides myself, to authorize my credit card use?

HAHAHA ok woman!

I dont think so Annie.

I then told the woman that in that case I am going to have to call Amex and tell them I have identity theft for someone charging something that could only possibly benefit me (since I am the only one that uses my car) how assinine
Old 08-27-2005 | 01:36 PM
Advanced

how is it that you didn't see the charge last month until this month? Do you just automatically pay whatever's in your statement? doesn't make sense to me. I always double check everything.
Old 08-27-2005 | 05:41 PM
tsxy

I saw the charge on the last statement but blew it off since it was only $11. Yeah I really don't look at my credit card statement unless something seems really weird, like a lot more money (for my total) than I remember putting on it, etc. I dont use them too much but something told me to look at the statement and I did and saw that. I will definitely be looking at it completely from now on
Old 08-27-2005 | 10:18 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Originally Posted by stphy32
I saw the charge on the last statement but blew it off since it was only $11. Yeah I really don't look at my credit card statement unless something seems really weird, like a lot more money (for my total) than I remember putting on it, etc. I dont use them too much but something told me to look at the statement and I did and saw that. I will definitely be looking at it completely from now on
Amex is good about these things... Any problems, call 'em... It's definitely illegal for someone else to charge you for stuff you never asked for.
Old 08-28-2005 | 10:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, before losing any more sleep, just call the credit card company.
Old 08-28-2005 | 11:26 PM
Instructor

Im not too sure how they got my AMEX card number. That is the card though that I put down payment on for my TSX. I know that I never called and verbally gave it to them. Its very strange. I am thinking somehow they got it from Acura or it was on some paper......
I would check into that..........if the dealer gave out ANY little bit of info on you, they can be fined big time. I would be pissed.......... Good luck, I hope everything works out for you
Old 08-29-2005 | 01:01 AM
Safety Car

my experience from xm was crappy too. i barely listen to xm since they sound crap in my area and i mainly mix my own music. so i didn't need xm service after the free trial.

well after the trial, got a call from a number that i dont know. so i picked it up and it was xm calling to extend my service. right after knowing that it was xm calling me i said i dont need the extended service and this guy kept on asking why i dont need xm and why i dont listen to them...

anyways i told him that i dont need a service so do not call me anymore. well after that day i started getting call from unknown numbers. i pick the phone up, its xm... so i hang up right away. another call comes in may be couple hours later. its xm again... wtf??? stop calling me!!

after that i decided not even bother to pick it up and xm called once around lunch time, and one around afternoon or night. probably that lasted about week and a half and finally they stopped calling me.
Old 08-29-2005 | 09:10 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by minkl81
my experience from xm was crappy too. i barely listen to xm since they sound crap in my area and i mainly mix my own music. so i didn't need xm service after the free trial.

well after the trial, got a call from a number that i dont know. so i picked it up and it was xm calling to extend my service. right after knowing that it was xm calling me i said i dont need the extended service and this guy kept on asking why i dont need xm and why i dont listen to them...

anyways i told him that i dont need a service so do not call me anymore. well after that day i started getting call from unknown numbers. i pick the phone up, its xm... so i hang up right away. another call comes in may be couple hours later. its xm again... wtf??? stop calling me!!

after that i decided not even bother to pick it up and xm called once around lunch time, and one around afternoon or night. probably that lasted about week and a half and finally they stopped calling me.
If that happens to anyone here just tell them to put you on their "do not call" list. By law they have to honor your request and not bother you again. If they don't, they can be fined.
Old 08-29-2005 | 09:25 AM
tsxy

Originally Posted by gmfreed
I would check into that..........if the dealer gave out ANY little bit of info on you, they can be fined big time. I would be pissed.......... Good luck, I hope everything works out for you
yeah if they gave out my info I will be pissed. Thanks for the comment
Old 08-29-2005 | 09:26 AM
tsxy

I am going to give them until tonight and if I do not get a call I will be calling them back and for sure calling amex. I am just very curious to see who authorized the charging of my card.
Old 08-29-2005 | 11:53 AM
Instructor

yeah if they gave out my info I will be pissed. Thanks for the comment
This is quite annoying... I'm in Canada and so I don't get the XM radio anyway... But from what I've been reading here, is it possible that since the first 3 months is free trail, in order for the owner to get the 3 months free service, Acura has to provide the credit card info to XM radio? I know there are free services from cellphone company that if you don't cancel it after the free trial, they are going to continue charging you for the service as if you haven't cancel it and you are 'silently' agreeing to continue with it. Therefore, they will charge you with the previously provided credit card info. Now with the $77 deal, is it possible that because the cheque didn't go through and therefore, it just cancelled your $77 special and not the actual service???? I think on the business side, they will go for this route just to keep you paying...

Just a thought...

Sorry to hear about this and I believe like they said, if you haven't signed anything that said you will authorize the XM radio payment after the 3rd month expire, AMEX will take care of it for you.

Jac
Old 08-29-2005 | 12:17 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by jpooncanada
This is quite annoying... I'm in Canada and so I don't get the XM radio anyway... But from what I've been reading here, is it possible that since the first 3 months is free trail, in order for the owner to get the 3 months free service, Acura has to provide the credit card info to XM radio? I know there are free services from cellphone company that if you don't cancel it after the free trial, they are going to continue charging you for the service as if you haven't cancel it and you are 'silently' agreeing to continue with it. Therefore, they will charge you with the previously provided credit card info. Now with the $77 deal, is it possible that because the cheque didn't go through and therefore, it just cancelled your $77 special and not the actual service???? I think on the business side, they will go for this route just to keep you paying...

Just a thought...

Sorry to hear about this and I believe like they said, if you haven't signed anything that said you will authorize the XM radio payment after the 3rd month expire, AMEX will take care of it for you.

Jac
The thought that they (Acura) may have to provide my credit card to XM sounds like it may be true. I wonder if Acura would admit this or not.
I dont think that they have any right since my check didnt work to go ahead and just charge my credit card if I never gave them persmission (I could see them thinking this) but since I never said they would it is still illegal and very annoying.
Old 08-29-2005 | 12:21 PM
Instructor

The thought that they (Acura) may have to provide my credit card to XM sounds like it may be true. I wonder if Acura would admit this or not.
I dont think that they have any right since my check didnt work to go ahead and just charge my credit card if I never gave them persmission (I could see them thinking this) but since I never said they would it is still illegal and very annoying.
hm... I think if Acura did provide them with your credit card info, they will have to admit it for sure or otherwise if XM came back confirm that it was Acura who gave them your credit card info, this can go pretty bad...

Oh.. and I meant they try to treat them as 2 seperate incidents to get to their own benefit:

1) Your initial XM subscription = continue with credit card payment if no official cancellation (that's my assumption as many companies work this way to scam you to pay without cancellation)

2) Your $77 offer = cheque that didn't go through and which they won't provide you with the offer

while 1) + 2) = they continue charging you without cancellation using your credit card without the $77 offer price = they are in benefit position.

Scam scam scam...

Ya... without you authorizing it and charge it, that's bad bad bad.

Good luck and hope it gets settled soon.

Jac
Old 08-29-2005 | 12:23 PM
Race Director

too bad you couldn't just take out that XM radio out of the TSX since you don't use it and sell it on ebay. sorry about what happened.
Old 08-29-2005 | 12:46 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by jpooncanada
hm... I think if Acura did provide them with your credit card info, they will have to admit it for sure or otherwise if XM came back confirm that it was Acura who gave them your credit card info, this can go pretty bad...

Oh.. and I meant they try to treat them as 2 seperate incidents to get to their own benefit:

1) Your initial XM subscription = continue with credit card payment if no official cancellation (that's my assumption as many companies work this way to scam you to pay without cancellation)

2) Your $77 offer = cheque that didn't go through and which they won't provide you with the offer

while 1) + 2) = they continue charging you without cancellation using your credit card without the $77 offer price = they are in benefit position.

Scam scam scam...

Ya... without you authorizing it and charge it, that's bad bad bad.

Good luck and hope it gets settled soon.

Jac
I was thinking it would be one thing if they did the whole $77 thing on my credit card, but for them to go and charge these seprarte installments that is way more than twice that much (plus there extraneous charges) thats completely ridiculous. Especially when they are saying I pretty much denied the year special of $77 and yet called to have them charge me $40 4 times a year HELLLOOOO does that make any sense! hahahah

sorry to beat a dead horse but who the hell would do that
Old 08-29-2005 | 06:15 PM
Cruisin'

$40/quarterly sounds about right if they're charging you they're monthly subscription price, which you can opt to pay every three months. They raised their rates in the spring, and perhaps they didn't get your discount code or no longer honor that rate.

Not saying that it's right that they're billing your card, just saying that the $40 makes sense to me.
Old 08-29-2005 | 08:47 PM
Drifting

XM's customer service sucks... they send my parents bills all the time for their TL because they have the wrong VIN number and everytime we try and fix it, they screw it up some more.
Old 08-29-2005 | 09:13 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Sirius is just as bad, I have Sirius and have been lucky no issues to date. But they are also known for having the worst billing department in the world next to the cell phone companies.

Honda and GM are major share holders in XM, maybe they don't need your permission to provide their little sister company your info? I don't know, it may be in your fine print from the day of sale as well. I thankfully have an XM free 04 model.