Highbeams Question (Those WITH and WITHOUT Foglights!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 08:39 PM
TSX, baby!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highbeams Question (Those WITH and WITHOUT Foglights!)

Well, I finally installed my foglights today and they look great. I especially like how the switch is on the light/directional stalk. Very custom. (Although I think they should have CAME with the car, since the car was designed with them.)

Anyway, when I tried the "flash-to-pass" mode (by pulling BACK on the stalk) - I noticed that the highbeams *AND* the HID's came on.

I don't remembering this being the case when I had the original stalk in the car (without the foglight switch). So, can you please reply (and let me know if you HAVE or DON'T HAVE foglights) and whether or not BOTH the HIDs and the highbeams come on when you invoke the "flash-to-pass" mode.

Thanks so much!
Old 09-28-2003, 08:52 PM
Instructor

I do NOT have the foglights and YES both the high AND low beams come on. I particularly don't like this feature. I would much rather prefer just the high beams when flashing to pass.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Racer

My car does this, and always has. My neighbors TL does too. The only bad thing is that it's really bad on the HID's. They don't like being turned on/off quickly. Did you notice that you can't have the highbeams and foglights on together?

Here's a pic.. Highbeams on.

Old 09-28-2003, 09:32 PM
TSX, baby!

Thanks guys - I didn't remember that being the functionality, and wondered if installing the foglights had something to do with it.

I agree - it can't be good on the HIDs/ballast. But, on the bright side, people are DEFINITELY going to see you.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Registered AssHat

[i]The only bad thing is that it's really bad on the HID's. They don't like being turned on/off quickly. [/B]
I don't see why. The power supply (ballast) is built for inrush current and should have an MTBF of at least 7 years or more.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:10 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Got the fogs, but they're still in the box. Does that count?

BTW, how did the install go? I remember you mentioning that your friend who worked at a dealership [or something to that effect] was going to help you.

-r
Old 09-28-2003, 11:16 PM
TSX, baby!

Yep - and he did (luckily) - there are a couple of tidbits you should be aware of like: Be aware of how the wiring to the relay box (under the hood) goes. When you put it back together, if the wires are ran out the same holes when you took it apart, it's hard to get back together. Also, when you put the bumper back on, just make sure everything is lined up and properly aligned.

It's definitely not an easy task - I'm very lucky I was able to get professional help (and for free, to boot!)