Hard decision on which kit for CG TSX.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard decision on which kit for CG TSX.

Hey guy, I want to let you guy know that Euro R kit is already sold to somebody. So right now, I have hard time to make decision on which kit for my CG TSX, because not sure yet. I have been thinking about OEM or Kenstyle kit. I also saw JP kit on TSX looks nice too, but still not sure. I need help. I wish I could seen the real life of kit on TSX in New Mexico. I have seen about 6 TSX with no kit out there, that's sux! Any suggestion? Thanks, George.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Racer

Why'd you sell the Euro R, I love how that kit looks. That being said, I love my OEM. Kenstyle is nice but completely transforms the look of the car.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? I REALLY like lito's mugen kit,.......looks incredible.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25169
Old 10-11-2005, 03:33 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
dude!!~ that mugen kit is like $1000000000000000000000000000000000. Hey George, get the OEM kit like me.....hehehehe. good luck with your decision. I will post some pics once I get everything set up. Take care

-tony-
Old 10-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by theElio
Why'd you sell the Euro R, I love how that kit looks. That being said, I love my OEM. Kenstyle is nice but completely transforms the look of the car.
Because my concern is that what if my tsx get into accident and I have to order other kit in other 4 months to get it from Japan. I hate to wait for long time to get it. I like the style of Euro R kit but I decided to go with other kit that come in fast way. That's why I decided to sell it.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by West6MT
How much are you looking to spend? I REALLY like lito's mugen kit,.......looks incredible.

I am kind of willing to spend at least $2k on Kenstyle, but good deal for OEM kit. I found a good deal for Kenstyle at my shop in New Mexico that sell $1,800.00. I like the Mugen but it is very expensive for me.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
dude!!~ that mugen kit is like $1000000000000000000000000000000000. Hey George, get the OEM kit like me.....hehehehe. good luck with your decision. I will post some pics once I get everything set up. Take care

-tony-
Ha ha, that's cool. I will think about it. Look forward to see your pics, Thanks.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:53 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

you finally got a tsx?!?!

if you are worried that it will take you a long time to get a kit if you get in an accident, you shouldn't buy any kit.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
anything but the euro r kit to many people have it now.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dzuy
you finally got a tsx?!?!

if you are worried that it will take you a long time to get a kit if you get in an accident, you shouldn't buy any kit.
HAHAHA! Yeah I finally got 04" CG TSX with quartz, non-nav, 6MT. I already put CAI Intake, JDM cover and spark plug cover, JDM headlight, OEM dash kit, Satin finish MOMO shift know. I still need to put Short Shifter there. I am still working to look for kit that get it in fast way instead of order in long way.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
anything but the euro r kit to many people have it now.
Ya, I have seen it, but people have their own style on kits for their own TSX.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you want the Kenstyle, you might look into the knock off that CJams got.

I forget how much customization he had to do to get the front end to fit. Where you at CJams?!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holla! The full kit was $618 shipped. Not much customization, just had some minor fitment issues with the front end. I'm sure any body shop deals with that stuff on a regular basis. Still haven't put on the sides or even painted the rear yet.

But I have to admit......they haven't made my permanent body kit yet Mugen is about the closest so far, but I couldn't get enough for my soul on ebay to buy it yet. Thats why I went for the kstyle knock off......that and I needed a training kit to learn how to drive with it without destroying it. Class is still in session! 6 years behind the wheel of an F-150 gave me some bad driving habbits. Will repaint it again in a few months. Then i'm gona make a clear bra for it

To each his own! I don't know if your TSX is lowered yet, but if it's not, do that first! No body kit looks good on OEM suspension!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by CJams
Holla! The full kit was $618 shipped. Not much customization, just had some minor fitment issues with the front end. I'm sure any body shop deals with that stuff on a regular basis. Still haven't put on the sides or even painted the rear yet.

But I have to admit......they haven't made my permanent body kit yet Mugen is about the closest so far, but I couldn't get enough for my soul on ebay to buy it yet. Thats why I went for the kstyle knock off......that and I needed a training kit to learn how to drive with it without destroying it. Class is still in session! 6 years behind the wheel of an F-150 gave me some bad driving habbits. Will repaint it again in a few months. Then i'm gona make a clear bra for it

To each his own! I don't know if your TSX is lowered yet, but if it's not, do that first! No body kit looks good on OEM suspension!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Guinea Pig

yeah yeah yeah! I know! I bought it for the front end anyway, I want oem sides and the raven full rear bumper. And I drive 110 miles round trip to work every day so my front end is already chipped to crap along with my hood (excuse to research C Fiber) Plus I scrape the bottom too much right now, but I am getting better!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

My TSX has not lowered yet, I plan to get one, but I can't afford to buy TEIN coilover, they are too expensive. I hate OEM suspension. I am consider EIBACH or Tanabe.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tsx536
If you want the Kenstyle, you might look into the knock off that CJams got.

I forget how much customization he had to do to get the front end to fit. Where you at CJams?!
I am considering to buy one soon when I get bonus from work if I plan.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GSGOMEZ
My TSX has not lowered yet, I plan to get one, but I can't afford to buy TEIN coilover, they are too expensive. I hate OEM suspension. I am consider EIBACH or Tanabe.
The eibach pro-system will be a good choice if it ever comes out. I think release date is currently scheduled for 12/27/05.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JoeC1982
The eibach pro-system will be a good choice if it ever comes out. I think release date is currently scheduled for 12/27/05.
Oh really? That's cool. How many inch does Eibach pro-system drop? Where can I find info? Thanks.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:24 PM
TSX4EVR

Do others feel the same that "no body kit looks good on OEM suspension".

I'm trying to decide on whether to get the OEM body kit but have no intention of lowering the car. The pics I have seen of the kits look great, but perhaps all of the cars have been lowered.

Thanks

Excited
Old 10-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GSGOMEZ
Oh really? That's cool. How many inch does Eibach pro-system drop? Where can I find info? Thanks.
I believe it uses the same springs as the Pro-Kit. There is a fairly long thread in the suspension section with all the details.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by excited

I'm trying to decide on whether to get the OEM body kit but have no intention of lowering the car. The pics I have seen of the kits look great, but perhaps all of the cars have been lowered.
I'll be able to tell you in a few days.

I think it'll still look good. Adding a body kit usually visually lowers the car. As long as you don't stare at the wheelwells obsessing about how many fingers you can stuff in there, it'll look better.

I'll probably get a suspension mod eventually, but not for looks, but for handling. Well, if it gets lowered slightly that would be OK.

I saw one photo where someone had the Aspec suspension, body kit, but he had changed out the wheels, I guess for 18"s, and it didn't look lowered -- maybe looked like more gap than stock! Just a visual effect. Well, I don't plan to change the wheels, so eventually I'll have some pics that hopefully well help!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Guinea Pig

Well, everyone has a different opinion on what looks good. I haven't seen a single TSX with a body kit and no suspension work that looks good to me. Even the current god of TSX body kits, "Mugen" doesn't look great on stock suspension to me. The aspec suspension should be the standard suspension for the TSX. When I bought my car every single person that knows how a sweet looking car should look said, you need to lower it. Aspec should be stock! Then we should be able to work from there. I would much rather have a TSX with suspension and no body kit than a TSX with a body kit and no suspension any day.

Once again, to each their own.

GSGOMEZ- I say spend your body kit money on suspension. You will get way more out of it. Not only will it look better, it will handle better as well. Suspension installed will be the same price as the CHEAPEST body kit you can find painted and installed.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by excited
I think it looks fine as long as you have the OEM wheels...
Old 10-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by vidgamer
.......obsessing about how many fingers you can stuff in there
That's the problem; everybody does obsess about that.

The car has such large wheelwells to begin with, and then like 4 finger gap in front.

I felt my car looked okay with just A-Spec and no kit, but all the kits I've seen on stock or A-Spec cars appear to have even more gap because the wheelwell is now even larger. Sure the car itself may appear (and be) lower, but the overall look suffers.

So, George, congrats on the car, didn't think you were ever gonna pull the trigger.....now that you have, do suspension and RSB and camber kit, then aerodynamics and wheels/tires.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by West6MT

there's Mugen CG ......I don't think it looks good
CG is good color...but bodykit is not noticeble on CG
Old 10-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well, everyone has a different opinion on what looks good. I haven't seen a single TSX with a body kit and no suspension work that looks good to me. Even the current god of TSX body kits, "Mugen" doesn't look great on stock suspension to me. The aspec suspension should be the standard suspension for the TSX. When I bought my car every single person that knows how a sweet looking car should look said, you need to lower it. Aspec should be stock! Then we should be able to work from there. I would much rather have a TSX with suspension and no body kit than a TSX with a body kit and no suspension any day.

Once again, to each their own.

GSGOMEZ- I say spend your body kit money on suspension. You will get way more out of it. Not only will it look better, it will handle better as well. Suspension installed will be the same price as the CHEAPEST body kit you can find painted and installed.
That sounds good, thanks for feedback. I am appreciate it. If I have money then I could buy TEIN coilover but it is pretty expensive. I think I will purchase the lowering spring or coilover first then purchase the kit or wheels then I can figure it out what I want to do with TSX. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LannyM
That's the problem; everybody does obsess about that.

The car has such large wheelwells to begin with, and then like 4 finger gap in front.

I felt my car looked okay with just A-Spec and no kit, but all the kits I've seen on stock or A-Spec cars appear to have even more gap because the wheelwell is now even larger. Sure the car itself may appear (and be) lower, but the overall look suffers.

So, George, congrats on the car, didn't think you were ever gonna pull the trigger.....now that you have, do suspension and RSB and camber kit, then aerodynamics and wheels/tires.
Thanks. I am planning to purchase lowering suspension and not sure which brand I plan to get it. If I have money then I will purchase it on TEIN coilover. I am thinking about Eibach pro kit or Tanabe coilover. Then I will work on kit, camber kit and wheels/tires.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kyotousa
there's Mugen CG ......I don't think it looks good
CG is good color...but bodykit is not noticeble on CG
Well, I think CG is nice color and I have seen Kenstyle, Euro R, OEM on CG from this website looked awesome. I think that all colors on TSX looked great, no different at all.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey george....thanx for the kit! if you want a buddy of mine out here that sells buddy club n+ coilovers for $875.00... if you want i'll pick up a set for you... i'm about to pick up a set for myself too... kit looks great and already installed