Got this in my email today

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got this in my email today

I got a note today from the dealer that sold me my car to congratulate me for its one-year anniversary. A almost deleted it when I noticed this little nugget of information:

"It is our sincere desire that you are completely happy with your vehicle and service you receive from Mike Hale Acura. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with convenience and value. In addition to the promise our Service Department is open Monday through Friday, 7:30-6:00 PM and Saturday 7:30-5:00 PM, for your added convenience, we offer free transportation with our Courtesy Shuttle (within a 15 mile radius of the dealership). Rental cars are also available. We are eager to make the upcoming years of vehicle ownership enjoyable. We are here to help with all your needs!"

Is this a new trend? Has anyone else gotten a similar story? I'm sorry...what happened to loaner cars that are supposed to be part of the Acura Total Luxury Care program? Rental cars? Shuttle service (oh yeah, FREE shuttle service)? I can get that at my local Kia dealer. I live 45 minutes away from the dealer, and there's no way I'm renting a car for servicing. I guess I bring my laptop and work in the waiting room.

Thank you...I feel much better now.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,755 Likes on 2,536 Posts
that sucks my dealer offers tsx loaners. they have 10 of them. I believe it is a dealer option to have loaner cars.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Racer

i dont think loaner acuras are a guarantee with every dealer.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
that sucks my dealer offers tsx loaners. they have 10 of them. I believe it is a dealer option to have loaner cars.
@ your avatar
Old 04-12-2007, 10:36 PM
TSXmeister

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Last year when I bought mine from Mike Hale I recall they mentioned it was one of the perks of buying from them plus that Acura Total Luxury Care. Kinda sucks if they renege on that pledge.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
wow, why are we even bitching????
Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Pro

yeah loaners aren't guaranteed, ralleye won't loan you a car unless you bought your car from them :shrugs:
Old 04-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my 06 in CO and now i am in LA, and still get a loaner even for a small warranty complain, like wiper skipping and oil change. I always ask him, the day loaner is available, and then go for the oil change. This time they took 3 days to fix the wiper, since they did not have a new blade and had to order them, and i was driving their brand new 07 loaner with just 265 miles on. Drove it for about 300 miles in 3 days, and even dint fill up to the same gas level........they never check the gas level.
Used to get loaners in CO as well....
Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I never got a loaner car!! They said I was either too young, or they don't provide that service!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Loaners at Camco Acura in Ottawa, Ontario, are usually Acura EL's, but recently they've been using a few of the new Acura CSX's. Nice cars, actually.

However, they only tend to let you use it for warranty stuff that takes over 6 hours real-time, or overnight use. Oil change loaners? Forget about it.

And I always at LEAST top the gas back up to where it was when I got in... it's just not right to make the next guy, or the dealer, pay for YOUR gas consumption.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Going to send my car for servicing and they are giving me a Jazz/Fit........... at least it's free. Loaner cars are added to the servicing costs here.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by parag_a2z
I got my 06 in CO and now i am in LA, and still get a loaner even for a small warranty complain, like wiper skipping and oil change. I always ask him, the day loaner is available, and then go for the oil change. This time they took 3 days to fix the wiper, since they did not have a new blade and had to order them, and i was driving their brand new 07 loaner with just 265 miles on. Drove it for about 300 miles in 3 days, and even dint fill up to the same gas level........they never check the gas level.
Used to get loaners in CO as well....
Guess that's why we're not getting loaners anymore.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Man i just took my TSX in for them replacing another actuator that was making a whistling noise. Anyways I got a loaner RDX and well it went really well. I asked my service advisor and asked him if he had an RDX loaner and he said he did so I got it. That car has a real good umph and that SUV handles in my opinion better than the TSX! Of course the suv does come with SH-AWD and man can you tell its there. The bad thing is that car wastes too much gas besides that I would highly consider getting an RDX. Got to love my local dealership for that.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Instructor

Unless Acura has changed their free loaner policy the dealers are trying to save money on unsuspecting owners. Read the Acura Total Care Program carefully. Complain and write to Acura if you are not getting the service. If Acura stops giving out loaners - they are no better than anybody else. Then why buy an Acura?

Acura's 4 year bumper to bumper service which includes a loaner is good at any dealer - it is total BS if another dealer does not provide that service.

BTW, if you do take the time to write do write in polite but firm language. Look around I had posted about writing to Acura in this forum. I got results and I got a call back from them. Then the dealer even called me. You will get results if you take the time. Just remeber if you do not stand up for the promised service and rights as an owner you would not get it.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Advanced

I just had my TSX in at Mike Hale for seat replacement under warranty and a full detail; they gave me an RDX for the week. I was not aware of any change in the loaner car program...this was one reason that I bought an Acura over an Accord...I hated the service hassle at Honda for rental cars and am very satisfied with the service department at Mike Hale. My brakes are starting to squeak again though and my windshield wipers don't perform so great.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

I don't get a choice of car but I've gotten a complimentary loaner CSX on the two occasions that I've had my car in for service at Acura of North Toronto. Once for my first oil change and a few months later for my squeaky driver's seat (I have an 06).
Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 PM
10th Gear

I don't get a choice of car but I've gotten a complimentary loaner CSX on the two occasions that I've had my car in for service at Acura of North Toronto. Once for my first oil change and a few months later for my squeaky driver's seat (I have an 06).
Old 04-17-2007, 07:30 PM
日本国内市場の売春婦

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
I never got a loaner car!! They said I was either too young, or they don't provide that service!
maybe the service dept is just homophobic
Old 04-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Instructor

Got this in mail today:

"RENEW YOUR PASSION FOR DRIVING.
The ultimate tune-up: The Acura Customer Appreciation Event
Adventure is in the air, but before you embark on your journey, make the Acura Customer Appreciation Event your first stop. Your TSX is cordially invited to undergo a complimentary 45-point inspection of its engine, brakes, drivetrain, suspension and steering components. It’s the ideal way to ensure your vehicle is road-trip ready and running at its best. See your local dealer for details.

A proper spring cleaning
Remember when you drove your TSX off the lot? It was so clean it sparkled. Time to get that shine back, especially now that the weather is turning. You want your TSX to look as great as it’s running. Properly washing and waxing your vehicle can bring out that showroom-like luster, and of course, protect your investment. Log on now for Acura-approved spring cleaning strategies.

Gear up for spring at eStore
The sun is out—you and your TSX should be too. Now is the perfect time to accessorize for spring, and eStore can help. A cargo net secures luggage, sports equipment or Rollerblades®. And a trunk tray is a must for protecting your TSX from muddy hiking boots or wet snorkel fins. Ready to get out there? Shop eStore now.

Convenience matters
From battery checks to advanced system diagnostics, the professionals at your Acura dealer can do it all in one convenient stop. Every technician is equipped with the latest technology and the exclusive certified training required to maintain the level of performance you expect from your TSX. To make sure you don’t miss a scheduled service, opt in for eService Reminders in your Owner Link profile. You’ll receive an email when your vehicle’s next service date is approaching.

Time to change those fluids
The weather’s improving and the road is calling. Just be sure to change those fluids first. As the temperatures rise, fresh fluids help keep your engine cool and efficient, your brakes responsive and your transmission smooth. And of course, only Acura Genuine Fluids keep your TSX running flawlessly. It’s also good practice to check coolant and fluid levels frequently. To get tips on Preventive Maintenance for your vehicle, visit Owner Link now. "
Old 04-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Instructor

Got this in email today:

Adventure is in the air, but before you embark on your journey, make the Acura Customer Appreciation Event your first stop. Your TSX is cordially invited to undergo a complimentary 45-point inspection of its engine, brakes, drivetrain, suspension and steering components. It’s the ideal way to ensure your vehicle is road-trip ready and running at its best. See your local dealer for details.

A proper spring cleaning
Remember when you drove your TSX off the lot? It was so clean it sparkled. Time to get that shine back, especially now that the weather is turning. You want your TSX to look as great as it’s running. Properly washing and waxing your vehicle can bring out that showroom-like luster, and of course, protect your investment. Log on now for Acura-approved spring cleaning strategies.

The sun is out—you and your TSX should be too. Now is the perfect time to accessorize for spring, and eStore can help. A cargo net secures luggage, sports equipment or Rollerblades®. And a trunk tray is a must for protecting your TSX from muddy hiking boots or wet snorkel fins. Ready to get out there? Shop eStore now.

Convenience matters
From battery checks to advanced system diagnostics, the professionals at your Acura dealer can do it all in one convenient stop. Every technician is equipped with the latest technology and the exclusive certified training required to maintain the level of performance you expect from your TSX. To make sure you don’t miss a scheduled service, opt in for eService Reminders in your Owner Link profile. You’ll receive an email when your vehicle’s next service date is approaching.

The weather’s improving and the road is calling. Just be sure to change those fluids first. As the temperatures rise, fresh fluids help keep your engine cool and efficient, your brakes responsive and your transmission smooth. And of course, only Acura Genuine Fluids keep your TSX running flawlessly. It’s also good practice to check coolant and fluid levels frequently. To get tips on Preventive Maintenance for your vehicle, visit Owner Link now. "
Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Instructor

Got this in email today:

A proper spring cleaning

Convenience matters

Old 04-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by curls
Loaners at Camco Acura in Ottawa, Ontario, are usually Acura EL's, but recently they've been using a few of the new Acura CSX's. Nice cars, actually.

However, they only tend to let you use it for warranty stuff that takes over 6 hours real-time, or overnight use. Oil change loaners? Forget about it.

And I always at LEAST top the gas back up to where it was when I got in... it's just not right to make the next guy, or the dealer, pay for YOUR gas consumption.
csx? el's?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tsx6363
csx? el's?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Pro

lol o, is that what they call it up north? haha i'm a
Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 PM

Look them up. The EL was basically an "Acura" Civic (leather, premium options, etc.) and the CSX is the new EL -- so a new "Acura" Civic based on the new Honda Civic.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by parag_a2z
Got this in email today:

My car is at the dealer today and I asked them to do this 45-point inspection. Anyone have any clue as to what these 45-points are?
Old 04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Good thing is that Acura/Honda are so reliable, you probably won't need to visit the dealer often. Unlike those domestic shits, you got to stop by the shop ever other day.