Going to Buy Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004 | 12:09 AM
Intermediate

Going to Buy Tomorrow

I can't decide what color to buy still... looking at black or carbon gray. I'm getting a pretty good deal for 27,500 without navigation out the door. I was just wondering if I'm getting a good price on this vehicle and I also need some advice on the color. Thanks
Old 07-26-2004 | 12:28 AM
Team Owner

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I see you live in Los Angeles so I think that works out to around $25,200 + tax & lic. I personally don't like black but you'll find plenty of people here that love it. IMHO it gets too hot when parked in the sun and it shows dirt and dust pretty easily (you'll have to wash it constantly). It also tends to show swirl marks easily. For these reasons I'd go with carbon grey.
Old 07-26-2004 | 12:40 AM
Intermediate

awesome, but what other color do you suggest other than carbon gray?
Old 07-26-2004 | 12:48 AM
Instructor

I have Black TSX. If I have the next chance, I will get other color for sure. Black TSX is very nice. But too hard to keep. Wash at least once a week.

beside the paint is not good. My car have tons of minor scratches all around the car. I put the clear bra at the front to protect the rock chip. Because the car is back, the clear bra is pretty noticeable.

So.. any light color will be in complete story. I like white. If you put body kit on it, the kit will very stand out bacause it white. I will choose carbon gray if I have to choose between these two.

BTW.. I believe the 2005 should be coming out soon. If you can wait for a little longer, May be a month or 2, I am sure you can get a very good deal on 2004 model.

My car have NAV, I love this feature a lot. totally worth for extra $2000.
Old 07-26-2004 | 12:49 AM
Team Owner

I bought Pearl White. But, the color choice is soooo subjective. You'll find all kinds of differing opinions. The topic has been coverered on previous threads. I recall there was even a poll on which color looks best. If you search this board I'm sure you'll find it and many more threads.

The color also depends on your choice of interior colors as some color combos are not available. I wanted parchment which limited my choices to black, red, or white. If you prefer another interior color then some exterior colors may not be available with it. My order of preference is: White, Meteor Blue, Silver, Carbon Gray, Red, Blue, Black
Old 07-26-2004 | 02:03 AM
Instructor

Another TSXer in Los Angeles. Are you getting AT or MT? Sounds like you've got a pretty good deal. WHere are you getting it? DOn't tell me it's Acura of Pasadena cus I paid a grand more than your deal. :sqnteek:
It was hard to choose the color between CGP and SSM. SIlver is very very common in this area so I chose CGP and I never regreted my color choice.
NHB's nice, but... man, think about the S. CAli's hot summer days temp is rising above 100 F.
GOod luck on your deal and enjoy the ride.
Old 07-26-2004 | 02:25 AM
Intermediate

Yeah man, i'm deciding on what dealership to get it at. I'm going to first go to the Thomas Acura in West Covina, but Thomas Acura in Downey matchd it's price and so did Sierra Acura in Alhambra. You guys know of any good dealerships?
Old 07-26-2004 | 03:35 AM
Instructor

I heard Thomas Acura in west covina is the best. Their reputation is good and they are one of a few fleet Acura dealer. I only visited two dealers in Santa Monica and Pasadena. I was treated like an invisible man in Santa Monica.
Old 07-26-2004 | 10:13 AM
Team Owner

I've heard good things about Pasadena Acura and Weir Canyon Acura. I actually purchased mine from Acura of the Desert in Cathedral City. I dealt with their Internet Sales Manager initially by e-mail and then by phone. Got a great price. I'm due for the first service (6 mo.) so I'm trying to figure out who has the best service dept. locally. I'm really close to Cerritos Acura and Downey Acura is just up the 605 from me. Any input?
Old 07-26-2004 | 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shorty
I can't decide what color to buy still... looking at black or carbon gray. I'm getting a pretty good deal for 27,500 without navigation out the door. I was just wondering if I'm getting a good price on this vehicle and I also need some advice on the color. Thanks
What's the base car price ? no OTD stuff plz.
Old 07-26-2004 | 12:02 PM
ric
Safety Car

I had a black car for 39 months, and it showed every bit of road grime. Would look like it had been driven through a mudbath after the first rainstorm; scratches and dings show up with glaring harshness. My new cgp seems to conceal dust very effectively - I park in a structured parking garage where I believe the attendants go around at nighttime to cover the cars with dust; so far the new Acura has held up well under that regimen, the old black car always looked dirty, even one day back from the detailor. Black cars are beautiful, but they simply require much more maintenance to sustain that appearance. If you can wash it weekly in your front yard, great...............

am not sure there is really much difference in the heat gain in the summer, but certainly the black car looks hotter from the outside - am sure some white car owners will check in on this point.................