Getting really frustrated with the dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting really frustrated with the dealer...

So I go into the dealership today to pick up my car, which is suppose to be ready (already delayed from Friday), only to find that nothing had been done that I'd requested.

1) 3rd gear vibration when accelerating
2) moon roof visor and bug deflector removed, but the goop/adhesive is still ringing on the car
3) there are suddenly more scratches on the car that were initially not there (which really annoyed me)

Only things done during the 1 week prepping time was changing the 1 fog light lens that was cracked, the car hasn't even been detailed or buffed. I even get a call from the business manager today to remind me to bring my void cheque and initial deposit.

The only bright side to this is the salesperson is on my side and can sympathize with me. We went to talk to the head mechanic and asked him about the 3rd gear vibration and why it wasn't looked at and he gives a story about "Well it was probably due to the previous driver's driving habits, and if we took the car apart for such a minor issue and find nothing wrong, then it's just a waste of time. As long as the tranny isn't popping out, it's fine." My concern is, I want the issue to be fixed before I get it off the lot so that I don't get blamed for it incase it fails in the future and I have to bring it back to be fixed under the warranty.

Ugh... this is so annoying, only somewhat bright spot is I got a loaner CSX for today, then go back tomorrow to talk about the issue yet again this time with the Service Manager and GM. Most of you probably read my other thread but yeah... I had already signed the contract and put down an initial deposit of $1100. Anyways just wanted to rant... cause I really want my TSX!!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Are you buying a used TSX, or did you bring your car in for service?

If you are buying a used TSX, do not take possession of it until you are satisfied. Or, get it in writing that it will be fixed at a later time. The mechanic's reasoning is bad. Instead of being lazy and giving a B.S. excuse, he should investigate rather than sign it off and get credit for inspecting it. If the car was moving down the street with parts falling off of it, would he go and say, "hey, the car runs...go away"? Probably the 3rd gear has been grinded a bit (I did that earlier today...I was sliding into an intersection because a manhole cover made me lose traction....I took my car out of 4th gear, and since it moves so easily, I accidentally went too far and moved it towards 3rd gear).
Old 04-23-2008, 06:51 AM
2010 6MT non-tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get your deposit back and look for a better car. either a TSX that was cared for, or a new one. just another car altogether! i've found that if you want a car but there are minor problems, all dealers will drag their heels in fixing them, especially if you buy the car and drive off with their "promise" to fix it if you bring it back the following week. biggest crock if you ask me.

find a new car!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by frescagod
get your deposit back and look for a better car. either a TSX that was cared for, or a new one. just another car altogether! i've found that if you want a car but there are minor problems, all dealers will drag their heels in fixing them, especially if you buy the car and drive off with their "promise" to fix it if you bring it back the following week. biggest crock if you ask me.

find a new car!

I know it's hard to give up on the one you found, but you'll be happier in the long run if you walk away from it and find another one in better shape.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My biggest peeve with the mechanic was when he told me "you're driving improper." when I told him that I drive with my hand resting on the shifter. He then said, "it's improper to drive with your hand resting on the shifter".

I'm only going through all of this with the dealer cause the sales person has been pretty helpful during this, and cause they got my down payment. Gonna be going in today once again, hopefully this issue gets resolved or I may have to end up losing $1100, but first I'm gonna talk to Acura's head office see if they can do anything or transfer that to another TSX