Frustration!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jpt
There were several Muslims (two pakistanis and a kuwaiti) in my division in recruit training. If you are a legal permanent resident of the US aged 18-26 you can theoretically get drafted. The more relevant factor by far is that there won't ever be a draft.
yea. thats true. im just hoping they dont trust muslims in the military so i can stay at home and drive my tsx around town instead of a humvee.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This thread is just about done. Any more thoughts on A/C use vs. economy or why it takes 4 clicks to turn the fans down?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Perfectly worthy thread IMO. There won't be a lock unless some of you guys keep on souring it up.

CCC, if you don't like the thread just stay out of it. Those remarks aren't needed.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sauceman
Perfectly worthy thread IMO. There won't be a lock unless some of you guys keep on souring it up.

CCC, if you don't like the thread just stay out of it. Those remarks aren't needed.
i got a MEGA MODERATOR and im not scared to use it! jk. but really, 4 buttons: first the button under tha nav screen that says "A/C," then the button that shows a man sitting with an arrow hitting his face, then the fan speed, and then finally A/C off. does anyone know a shorter way?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:37 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by danishj
i got a MEGA MODERATOR and im not scared to use it! jk. but really, 4 buttons: first the button under tha nav screen that says "A/C," then the button that shows a man sitting with an arrow hitting his face, then the fan speed, and then finally A/C off. does anyone know a shorter way?
voice commands
Old 06-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceman

peace I am out then.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
peace I am out then.
woah. im sorry if ure pissed CCC. i hope you're not upset or anything.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
voice commands
which voice command though? ive tried "fan speed 3" but that turns on the air conditioning as well. its really frustrating.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
woah. im sorry if ure pissed CCC. i hope you're not upset or anything.
nope not at all however my opinion still stands.

1) get a job
2) driving with the a/c off does not save you any gas
Old 06-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
nope not at all however my opinion still stands.

1) get a job
2) driving with the a/c off does not save you any gas
but i already told everyone, i applied in 3 places.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 06-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

but i already told everyone, i applied in 3 places.
Yeah, that's usually very far from enough. Persistance will lead you to success.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by jmathew34
Originally Posted by me
What part of it do you not understand exactly?
Old 06-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Instructor

thanks. well i got a 2030 on the SAT and my parents are all about me putting in volunteering hours instead of getting a job because hours look better on the transcript and with that score, i can get in an above average college. but hey, im going to take it again aiming for atleast 2100. and, is there any way to get the fan on without the 4 button process?
Old 06-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

No idea. I have a non-navi.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Banned

im pakistani/muslim so i dont think the military is putting me on the top of thier recruitment/drafting list
:cannonfodder:

Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im pakistani/muslim so i dont think the military is putting me on the top of thier recruitment/drafting list
Actually, you probably are. They need infiltrators.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Pro

Don't bet on there being no draft in the future. They'll just call it something else and BTW if they do get their hands on you my moneys on them using you to win hearts & minds.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Instructor

yea, whatever. im not going to say anything against the government because we lost our rights some years ago when clinton left office.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Got Ramen?

sell the car. buy a bicycle. problem solved.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TypeRS
sell the car. buy a bicycle. problem solved.
but we are americans. if i get a bike, im going to have to post on a bike forum about how to get the bike to pedal itself.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:38 AM
G2 TSX

How about you not set the climate controls to AUTO? Just adjust temperature accordingly and the fans will blow, but the AC will be off.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jack Slate
How about you not set the climate controls to AUTO? Just adjust temperature accordingly and the fans will blow, but the AC will be off.
yea but to do that, u have to hit the 4 buttons ive previously stated in this thread. i just want a way to turn the stupid fan on when its hot. why is it so hard to get some information? we have gone through 3 pages and no real answer....

but thanks to everyone whos actually trying
Old 06-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Instructor

nvm, its 2 AM and so i didnt notice that ive caused most of the going-off-topic on this thread. sorry sorry.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:46 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, you have the most beautiful avatar of AZ.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

well i got a 2030 on the SAT and my parents are all about me putting in volunteering hours instead of getting a job because hours look better on the transcript and with that score, i can get in an above average college.
That kinda score and you arent figure out how to that getting a job requires you applying at more than three places?

Im not your parent, but if you were my son i would make you get a real job so you get a touch of reality/ common sense in your life.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Instructor

*edit* about the volunteer hours and such, that might of been true in the past with schools but (at least in my area, and with people I know) schools and jobs are looking for strong dedicated people who have worked while going to school instead of having some volunteer experience. Because anyone with common sense knows that you didn’t volunteer every single day and your time management/ people skills/ being a well rounded person skills are probley lacking.

I just graduated from college this may and I had three jobs lined up before I even walked the stage. I worked 36 hours a week while being enrolled in at least 12 hours in school and I had a decent but not great gpa. On each of those offers I beat out literally dozens of other qualified applicants. I’m not saying im awesome or bragging about myself but some real world experience takes you farther than you will ever realize.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by rugbybrado
*edit* about the volunteer hours and such, that might of been true in the past with schools but (at least in my area, and with people I know) schools and jobs are looking for strong dedicated people who have worked while going to school instead of having some volunteer experience. Because anyone with common sense knows that you didn’t volunteer every single day and your time management/ people skills/ being a well rounded person skills are probley lacking.

I just graduated from college this may and I had three jobs lined up before I even walked the stage. I worked 36 hours a week while being enrolled in at least 12 hours in school and I had a decent but not great gpa. On each of those offers I beat out literally dozens of other qualified applicants. I’m not saying im awesome or bragging about myself but some real world experience takes you farther than you will ever realize.
numerous things contribute to raising your stock. i got extra looks due to a summer internship in prague and a study abroad in rome. i also worked in college, held positions in a fraternity, etc etc. volunteer hours help as well, he's only 16, college cares more about studies and organizations than having a job in high school
Old 06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

One click and one shout (voice command). Better yet just don't push the AUTO button again when you get back in the car...
Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

thanks. well i got a 2030 on the SAT and my parents are all about me putting in volunteering hours instead of getting a job because hours look better on the transcript and with that score, i can get in an above average college. but hey, im going to take it again aiming for atleast 2100. and, is there any way to get the fan on without the 4 button process?
WTF? Did they change the SAT scoring since I took it?

BTW for all the college seekers in the crowd, take some advice I wish I'd gotten before I went to school: where you went for undergrad doesn't mean dick. Go to a party school and get a good GPA while having fun and saving money, you'll be far better off later on.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:54 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jpt
WTF? Did they change the SAT scoring since I took it?

BTW for all the college seekers in the crowd, take some advice I wish I'd gotten before I went to school: where you went for undergrad doesn't mean dick. Go to a party school and get a good GPA while having fun and saving money, you'll be far better off later on.
Not that this is the right thread to talk about it, but...That's not good advice man, and not always true. It may be true for your situation and from what you've seen, but not for me and what i've seen. I;ve seen which school you went as being extremely important. Not bashing you just saying you have to be careful with blanket statements like that.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:05 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Its summer time, friends, and i dont have a job. So this means i cut down on the A/C usage and use the fans more often. This presents a problem as i have a nav and you have to goto the climate window and hit the a/c off button, then the fan speed i want, and then the fresh air button EVERY TIME! is there a way that i can just turn on the fan and not the A/C (and i dont want any commetns of just rolling the window down...). Thanks. I am very frustrated.
The solution is rather simple, just get daddy to spot you some more money.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by jpt

i mostly agree with this.....but i cannot tell you how many benefits there were to going to lehigh, whcih was expensive.

not that an expensive school is better, but wherever you go, make sure the career services is good, and alumni support is strong. if alumni have a connection to the school, you'll never be out of a job. very off topic, but couldn't help but respond.

and student loans SUCK.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Not that this is the right thread to talk about it, but...That's not good advice man, and not always true. It may be true for your situation and from what you've seen, but not for me and what i've seen. I;ve seen which school you went as being extremely important. Not bashing you just saying you have to be careful with blanket statements like that.
100% agree.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by STL
The solution is rather simple, just get daddy to spot you some more money.
looks like no one has an answer for this kid who asked a simple question.

i actually would love to know the answer too, not to save money, but because sometimes, i don't want cold air blowing on me, but i want the vent blowing. it's a PITA to do, there must be an easier way.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:25 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bradykp
i actually would love to know the answer too, not to save money, but because sometimes, i don't want cold air blowing on me, but i want the vent blowing. it's a PITA to do, there must be an easier way.
At least two people have given him (and you) a useful answer.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by jpt
At least two people have given him (and you) a useful answer.
voice commands was the only other answer, besides pressing the buttons on the navi? correct?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Only one I know, besides not turning the AC back on in the first place.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Burning Brakes

You should get a non-navi. All i have to do is press the A/C button to turn it off and then use the up/down to control fan speed. Trade you my non-navi for your navi?
Old 06-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Summary of Relevant posts

relevant posts so far:

Originally Posted by CKcentral
doesnt it remember the last setting it was at?? i thought it did
which voice command though? ive tried "fan speed 3" but that turns on the air conditioning as well. its really frustrating.
yea but to do that, u have to hit the 4 buttons ive previously stated in this thread. i just want a way to turn the stupid fan on when its hot. why is it so hard to get some information? we have gone through 3 pages and no real answer....

but thanks to everyone whos actually trying
Originally Posted by jpt
One click and one shout (voice command). Better yet just don't push the AUTO button again when you get back in the car...
Originally Posted by bradykp
looks like no one has an answer for this kid who asked a simple question.

Quick Reply: Frustration!